Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Really? The whole map gets conquered while you fight looters, and that's fun for you? What are you even supposed to do at that point?

If the clan system allows empires to break up, it's a different story. but as-is the game snowballing into a single faction sucks all the fun out.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
any strategy games are at their most fun when there's a large amount of factions duking it out

once the unstoppable blobbing phase begins, boredom sets in

Dakka

Savant
People are responding here to arguments nobody made. I think it's pretty obvious that the game world should be independent of the player without turning into one faction dominating, at least without the player making an extraordinary effort to make that happen.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Some criticism in the thread is valid, but this

One of the very first quests you get requires you to attain 1000 gold (on top of the 1000 you start with) and hire a companion. The companion, however, usually demands around 1000 gold as well in order to join your party, so it gets sort of funky. Let the player find a free starter companion or something to fix this.

isn't really a problem. Getting 2k gold is easy and if you don't want to wait, get a cheaper 500gp companion.

Your party eats slightly too much food, in my opinion. I have to fill up most of my inventory in order to travel for more than 10 days, and my party isn't even that big. Can't imagine what it must be like when you have around 200 troops. I don't think it's too bad but still something to look at.

The food consumption is high, but I don't need a lot of space for food. For about 20 days, I use a third of my inventory.

Last edited:

Zariusz

Arbiter
We need to have event/quest chain when you own a city but you have very low relations with this city.
You are waiting there for some time and then city riots starts demanding new overlord, you either pacify hordes with your guards, run from city or agree for leaving.
Pacification will lower economic capacity of your city, when you run you can then retake your city, ask your overlord for help in retaking it, or ask for new fief in exchange of that city.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Oh: https://steamdb.info/app/261550/graphs/

165,878 players right now

It's not a weekend, this is not even today's peak, it's still going up. And already surpassed Doom Eternal's peak (104K).
Already in the top 20 highest peaks. :salute:

Impressive numbers. But are all these people out-of-school students? Don't these people work? :lol:

I hope I'm just thick and missing the joke but, just in case, ---> coronavirus

Coronavirus is the point. Obviously. But with that many people at home, are many just not working remotely or at all?

Zariusz

Arbiter
The hideout ambushes are kinda neat but there should be an option to do a full assault. Why am I only bringing in so few guys? I don't mind fighting 30 bandits at once if I can use my entire cavalry.
Atleast we should be able to choose who will be going with us.
When you have many veterans but then only your shitty recruits spawn.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
The hideout ambushes are kinda neat but there should be an option to do a full assault. Why am I only bringing in so few guys? I don't mind fighting 30 bandits at once if I can use my entire cavalry.
I think the reasoning is that the bandits will just escape if they see a large force approaching.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I do think it might snowball too much. Need some kind of war weariness / factionalism / weakness along the way so blobbing becomes difficult without the extra resourcefulness of a PC. I mean the clan structure already signals a lot of potential on the infighting side.

Yeah it's a careful balance and right now it's obviously not quite there yet - with the NPC lords not being able to magically pull reinforcements out of their asses anymore (I think so, at least? Should follow a specific one for an extended time to confirm), after losing a battle they'll be weak for much longer than they were in WB campaign - once a faction starts losing, they keep losing and fast. And then you also end up with shit like faction leader being kidnapped by a bunch of loser looters because he only had 3 troops with him left.

But you'll never please everyone since some people will want to play the Chosen Hero™ and others just another mercenary company dude, which is why it'd be good to have more granular campaign difficulty settings that include things such as how fast/far the campaign can progress without much player input.

Zariusz

Arbiter
I like that in Bannerlord there is also city where there is always shitton of sea raiders just like in Warband. In Warband this was Wercheg here it is Epicrotea.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Merc wages seem busted, like someone missed a decimal point. "Dude you pay 8 gold per day PER GUY in your army, how about we give you 10 gold per battle you fight, whether it's 10 guys or 1000?"

WOW TEN WHOLE GOLD ????????????????????????? oh yeah that's a wonderful deal.

When I joined armies the outcome seemed pretty random. One time I fought siege, got shot by an archer and died in the opening minutes, then got a decent haul of stuff when we won. Next siege I fought through the entire keep and stayed alive and my loot reward was 50 gold and a shirt. Just a shirt, that's it.

Also I realized when you upgrade an infantry to crossbowman for 25 gold he is getting 20,000 worth of kit. Hey bruh, can I have a lend of that crossbow?

Last edited:
Poor Sturgia and Battania really get shafted with those cultural bonuses, holy shit. :D Everyone else gets something useful at least, but these guys must be so underdeveloped as a kingdom that all they can boast about is that they move really quickly in very specific locations.

thesecret1

Arcane
Merc wages seem busted, like someone missed a decimal point. "Dude you pay 8 gold per day PER GUY in your army, how about we give you 10 gold per battle you fight, whether it's 10 guys or 1000?"

WOW TEN WHOLE GOLD ????????????????????????? oh yeah that's a wonderful deal.
I figured they just don't like me. Like "You want to join my faction? Geez, man, I dunno, you look like the kind of guy who'll gather some fiefs and then revolt on me... See, I'll, uh, I'll pay you 10 coins per battle. It's all I can afford, so take it or leave it. Oh, you took it, huh? Damn."

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Smithing iron can be incredibly profitable.
How do you get charcoal?
It's just two hardwood my man (hardwood is normally somewhere between 10 - 20). Combine that with the first smith perk and you're rolling in the dough.

Just wish there was a smithing counter somewhere telling me how long I must wait.

Dakka

Savant
How do you get charcoal?
It's just two hardwood my man (hardwood is normally somewhere between 10 - 20). Combine that with the first smith perk and you're rolling in the dough.

Just wish there was a smithing counter somewhere telling me how long I must wait.
Is there some lumber gathering system I missed?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Factions should instead stay relatively stable without player involvement. I think this is very important. My game literally finished itself after 2 days of playing without my involvement.
Holy shit I hope they don't listen to this guy (on this subject, other than that its a good list)
I do think it might snowball too much. Need some kind of war weariness / factionalism / weakness along the way so blobbing becomes difficult without the extra resourcefulness of a PC. I mean the clan structure already signals a lot of potential on the infighting side.

Remember rebellions is not in yet. I think it will solve a lot of issues with factions getting too big too quickly.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The food consumption is high, but I don't need a lot of space for food. For about 20 days, I use a third of my inventory.

Don't know if everyone knows this, but get mules and horses and you can carry a lot more. Also I think you move faster on the map, since infantry can sit on the horses now while travelling. At least that is how I imagine it :)

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
These persuasion checks are funky shit.
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Uh... I click on everything!

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

:imokay:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
How do you get charcoal?

Is there some lumber gathering system I missed?

You can buy a wood workshop, I assume you can get free wood from that. Or you just buy the wood in stores. Then you can melt weapons and get wood that way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom