Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Prime Junta

I don't even want to know who that is. :M

Writer at Obsidian.

CarriePatel_website-300x454.jpg

I'm still pretty sure 90% of the women in Outer Worlds have short hair because there's zero physics in the game and long hair would look super dated as a result. Though I'd also guess some feminists enthusiastically supported this decision as a way to deal with said limitation.
And characters don't differ much in appearance and physique because they all probably have been made by distorting a single character model.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

what role playing can you do in this game, exactly?

That is the whole point of the criticism i seen the game live at lucca comix and games. It is clearly more an action adventure shooter with a branching narrative than a RPG. YOu have missions to solve and there will be different outcomes dipending from the choice but that is about that. No social skill check everything is combat related. The Cool stat is tied with progression that will unlock merchants or even more quest along with street creed. But has nothing about the source material.

Take deus ex (the newer ones) mix that a bit with watchdog and ideas stolen by dishonored and then you have Cyberpunk 2077.

It focus a lot in cinematic but that's about it.

If you expect an rpg first and foremost like they said in an interview you will be most likely disappointed. If you are fan of the source material the pen and paper of Cyberpunk 2020 you will laught at it.

Quillon

Arcane
Since when being able to join(which doesn't mean siding with/helping) a faction decides RPG-ness of a game? If so Bethesda games are most RPG of them all that you can join and become leader of most factions lol.

Last edited:

jf8350143

Liturgist
Since when being able to join(which doesn't mean siding with/helping) a faction decides RPG-ness of a game? If so Bethesda games are most RPG of them all that you can join and become leader of most factions lol.

Having a bunch of different gangs in the game but forbid you from joining any of them is a big missed opportunity.

From what we see until now, I'm pretty confident to say this game's protagonist will have a strong personality and players won't have much control over him/her, just like Witcher series. Everytime they answer something, it's almost always "you can't do this" or "that's not part of the game".

The problem is it wasn't suppose to be like this, unlike Geralt, you created V.Maybe they will announce they abandoned the character creation and force you to play as default male V instead, I won't be surprised.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath

Having a bunch of different gangs in the game but forbid you from joining any of them is a big missed opportunity.

From what we see until now, I'm pretty confident to say this game's protagonist will have a strong personality and players won't have much control over him/her, just like Witcher series. Everytime they answer something, it's almost always "you can't do this" or "that's not part of the game".

The problem is it wasn't suppose to be like this, unlike Geralt, you created V.Maybe they will announce they abandoned the character creation and force you to play as default male V instead, I won't be surprised.

And receive Backlash from the SJW, as if.

You may be right, that they default you to the promotional characters but why would they limit the sex of the protagonist. There will be literally no differences between the two content wise is my bet.

Harthwain

Magister
The problem is it wasn't suppose to be like this, unlike Geralt, you created V.
That part is no longer true:

One of the details revealed in the Eurogamer interview we mentioned earlier is that the player will play as a set character in Cyberpunk 2077. The character is called V, and has a set identity and over-arching story. Players can customize them though, and can choose whether to play as a female or male V.
You're not really creating your own character. You can merely customize V a bit (sex, voice, looks, etc.).

It's a bit better than Deux Ex: Human Revolution in this regard, but identity- and story-wise I suspect it will be no different.

Quillon

Arcane

Nope. f.i. In NV you can side with/help factions but you can't really join their ranks.

The problem is it wasn't suppose to be like this, unlike Geralt, you created V

I think the same from what we've seen from gameplay(V talks without player input many times), not from whatever devs said.

Maybe they will announce they abandoned the character creation and force you to play as default male V instead, I won't be surprised.

Too late for any further fundamental changes, game's already being rated.

Last edited:

Pegultagol

Erudite
To dilute the distinction between male and female and have gender play a minute role in an RPG game, I think a viable solution would be all-inclusive gender agnostic set on a set of sliders, all the relevant choices starting and ending in character creation. But I also think CD Projekt is keeping it simple as much as possible. The game is first person so the end of character creation is going to be the starkest and imprinted confirmation of your choices anyway. Well, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a clinic that allows you to change physical appearance (sex) anytime during the game's progression.

JDR13

Arcane
If you expect an rpg first and foremost like they said in an interview you will be most likely disappointed. If you are fan of the source material the pen and paper of Cyberpunk 2020 you will laught at it.

What interview was that? Link?

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

It was mentioned in the first FPP thread with Vattier still claiming that was an rpg first and foremost but from the gameplay live i seen at Lucca Comix and game ((that was what was shown in the deep dive but uncunt minus the sandsquatch battle)) and there is no skill on socials all skills are related to fighting or stealth or crafting. The only difference is your background sometimes brings answers to give in the right context but nothing meaningfull.

The npc were moving in a dumb manner soaking bullet to then dodge a couple of shot and run in your face. Yes debris when you hit surfaces but no blood on ennemy bodies aside the classic FPS WOW! Blood cloud. Not track of the blood not even on the ground while people were getting mauled.

They try to mask it as an rpg. But in reality what is it is just a FPS with different outcomes for missions and Muh Cinematic feels.
Yes it had cool moments like grabbing an ennemy in steath knocking it down with a hit then trow it in a trashcan. But that's about it. Do no expect Deus Ex (the first one) level of depth. All is gamey and is a collage of different FPS mashed togheter with a dutchtape.

JDR13

Arcane

It was mentioned in the first FPP thread with Vattier still claiming that was an rpg first and foremost but from the gameplay live i seen at Lucca Comix and game ((that was what was shown in the deep dive but uncunt minus the sandsquatch battle)) and there is no skill on socials all skills are related to fighting or stealth or crafting. The only difference is your background sometimes brings answers to give in the right context but nothing meaningfull.

The npc were moving in a dumb manner soaking bullet to then dodge a couple of shot and run in your face. Yes debris when you hit surfaces but no blood on ennemy bodies aside the classic FPS WOW! Blood cloud. Not track of the blood not even on the ground while people were getting mauled.

They try to mask it as an rpg. But in reality what is it is just a FPS with different outcomes for missions and Muh Cinematic feels.

In other words, they never actually said that.

Duralux for Durabux

Don't worry guys, 16 free dlcs will be there to fix the game if it broken.It's a well known fact that dlcs fix a game;
Edit: joke aside, it will be good i want to believe

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom