Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

~

• Thread starter Deleted member 11480
  • Start date

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Russians cannot into capitalism.

(Game looks boring.)

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Weird question. AMFV is a landmark of Interactive Fiction. It's a very experimental game and it is highly recommended you read the manual for this one.

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
I was hoping for some monocled opinions other than "it's supposed to be good", but I guess it just is. Well, executing that thing will not hurt me, so thank you anyway.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
From what I read about it, it's undomesticated snowman propaganda.
:troll:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Hey guys, what's the kkkonsensus on Divinity: Dragon Commander? This is probably the biggest mixed bag regarding friend's opinions that I have on my wishlist, some people say it's the second coming of Christ, other say it's just awful

I believe the consensus is it's a terrible strategy game and a cool cyoa

Gozma

Arcane
From what I read about it, it's undomesticated snowman propaganda.

Totally is, but more generally it's just science fiction in bad faith. Do what I say or in twenty years every dystopic cliche I can lay hands on happens, and the more prejudicial the better

DraQ

Arcane
Hey guys, what's the kkkonsensus on Divinity: Dragon Commander? This is probably the biggest mixed bag regarding friend's opinions that I have on my wishlist, some people say it's the second coming of Christ, other say it's just awful

I believe the consensus is it's a terrible strategy game and a cool cyoa
Sadly.

Maybe not outright terrible, but both the strategic and tactical layers are effectively minigames in terms of both their simplicity and disconnectedness from one another - the game basically has no overarching gameplay mechanics.

sbb

Learned
What's the word on Dragon's Dogma? Is Dark Arisen worth $35?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
What does the Codex think of E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy?

Game theme feels like a cheap Warhammer 40k ripoff, though that armors looks cool and shooting is pretty satisfying, compared to most recentry released FPSes.
Atmosphere is good, character stats and skills are confusing, on the first sight progress in unnoticable. Hacking is important, you need to make some strategy for it like decreasing enemy defence and attacks while he restore def for the cost of attack. Or something like that.
Translation - yeah it's not good but comparing to reallity, where language also evolve/bastardize?

Worth 3€ or whatever it cost now.

sbb

Learned
What's the consensus on The Banner Saga? Worth $12.49?

Drew

Savant
From the hour that I've played of it so far, seems enjoyable. Interesting take on turn based combat, lovely visuals, and an almost engaging story.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Is the editor for Shadowrun Returns avaliable? If yes - then what about recomended missions?

sbb

Learned
Nethergate Resurrection? Haven't heard much about this one, and can't find a whole lot of valuable stuff online. I'm currently deciding whether to play it or Geneforge.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Nethergate Resurrection? Haven't heard much about this one, and can't find a whole lot of valuable stuff online. I'm currently deciding whether to play it or Geneforge.

Go with Geneforge. Better story and setting, but sadly both games has kind of meh gameplay. It's not what I would call bad, but it's not something that's really of any note.

Anyone know about Inquisitor? It looks decent, but I'm not a big Action-RPG guy.

Last edited:

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Anyone know about Inquisitor? It looks decent, but I'm not a big Action-RPG guy.
Here's Crooked Bee's review. I haven't tried it, mostly because of the review and associated discussion. The general consensus seems to be that it has nice visuals and atmosphere, but too much poor combat that devolves into potion-chugging.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom