Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A tranny who hates Deus Ex

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
A fag with faggy name Tom Chick, long time ago wrote a review where he gave 3/10 to Deus Ex, obviously calling it the worst game ever made. In a interview with KG on RPS he still defends his opinion because he is ultra cool and hardcore.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/06/29/tom-chick-the-man-who-hated-deus-ex/

If you look at his site http://fidgit.com/ youll find lots of lulzy articles like http://fidgit.com/archives/2008/12/the_top_10_games_of_2008.php

In my humble opinion any "journalist" who calls F3 a "Unforgettably bleak and epic experience, brave enough to be barren and gray, but crammed with stories, vignettes, characters, and sights." and spits on Deus Ex because "it has ammunition boxes placed on every corner" deserves to be totemized.

racofer

Thread Incliner
This is a very serious issue. The only solution I know of is to hire our long serving Lithuanian Hitmen to throw eggs at this guy's door from across the street to teach him a lesson.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Also:

Tom Chicken said:
When Deus Ex was released, the Unreal engine struggled mightily with the level design. That was before console systems came along and saved us all from poorly optimized engines.

Fucking A :lol:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
DraQ said:
Deus Ex does deserve credit for trying open-world-ish games before they were really ready.
wot?

The technology available to make real open world games only emerged with the release of Grand Theft Auto 3.

Looking Glass were brave for trying to make next-gen with old-gen tech.

Phelot

Arcane
So I sent in the Deus Ex review with a 3. I figured it was a couple notches below average. Man, can you imagine a 3 these days? No one’s going to use a 3 on any game that doesn’t cost $19.99 or less.

This is very telling...

DraQ

Arcane
treave said:
DraQ said:
Deus Ex does deserve credit for trying open-world-ish games before they were really ready.
wot?

The technology available to make real open world games only emerged with the release of Grand Theft Auto 3.

Looking Glass were brave for trying to make next-gen with old-gen tech.
Perhaps I didn't make myself clear enough.

WUT.

MetalCraze

Arcane
treave said:
There is nothing technologically impressive about GTA3.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I remember trying Deus Ex about 6 years back... didn't like it cause cattle prod had very limited ammo and I felt like I couldn't play it stealth mode like the Thief games. Maybe I should have given it more of a chance I suppose.

Tails

Arbiter
The AI was pretty dumb even for the times game was released thought.

Yeah, I have noticed that you get a few "guards guarding walls" scenarios. And it seems that many guards vision is limited to what is immediately in front of them at times. It's a flaw I can forgive though because the rest of the game is so good.

MetalCraze said:
treave said:
There is nothing technologically impressive about GTA3.

Especially when you compare it to Mafia, which was released around the same time. It's like there's 4-5 years gap between these games.

MetalCraze

Arcane
You'd think cops would stop appearing out of thin air 7 years later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom