Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed 3

potatojohn

Arcane
The extremely derpy story aside, I like the setting, the environments, the characters, etc, but I just can't play it.The gameplay is just so shitty. You hold RMB to jump around from quest pointer to quest pointer and mash LMB to kill things, and that's that. You could train a chimp to play it.

Anyway I thought it was ironic that publishers think people don't have the patience to play old games any more, and yet here I am with no patience to play their nextgen shit.

Angthoron

Arcane
Soon: Publisher saying that the game was too oldschool and not next-gen enough, plan to streamline the series for the next installment.

Kraszu

Prophet
I have no patience for long tutorials, and I don't see any problem with reading manuals. Part of the advantage of the manual is that you can check for info that you need, you aren't explained 99% of shit that you already know or that you would figure out yourself in no time.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I have no patience for long tutorials, and I don't see any problem with reading manuals. Part of the advantage of the manual is that you can check for info that you need, you aren't explained 99% of shit that you already know or that you would figure out yourself in no time.

To move the camera up and down, move the cursor to the bottom or top edge of the screen. Try it now!
*pointlessly scrolls the map for a few seconds to complete this tutorial "mission goal"*
To move the camera left and right, move the cursor to the left or right edge of the screen. Try it now!

Brinko

Arcane
RMB to run? What fucking idiot decided that? Can that be changed in the settings or is this another slapped together PC port?

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I couldn't play any of the AC games to the end. I loved exploring places like Rome or Constantinople, but it's no big news that the AC gameplay gets really repetitive after a while.

Brinko

Arcane
So i got "gifted" this game when buying a new graphics card. Is this worth my time or should I try to sell this to my neighbor's dipshit kid?

Brinko

Arcane
That is seeming harder and harder to do as the day goes on as all my friends either have an integrated graphics card on their PCs or are exclusively consoletards.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Register at Cheap Ass Gamer forums -- no shortage of people there who would give you $30 for it.

Weierstraß

Learned
Project: Eternity
The Assassin's Creed series is such a wasted opportunity, they could take a giant step up with just slightly better mission design.

Brinko

Arcane
I'll see if I can't pawn if off to some retard when I get back to college, probably a bunch of ex-marines who'll buy this shit for half price. But thanks for the suggestion Metro :bro:.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I couldn't play any of the AC games to the end. I loved exploring places like Rome or Constantinople, but it's no big news that the AC gameplay gets really repetitive after a while.

Yeah, the one attraction about the AC series is exploring historic cities. Jumping over the rooftops of Venice, climbing the Colosseum in Rome, etc. The missions were usually rather mediocre and combat too easy.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Because fuck you, this is getting remastered apparently.
https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/assassins-creed-3-remastered/
https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/arti...emastered-coming-to-nintendo-switch-on-may-21

Assassin’s Creed III Remastered Coming to Nintendo Switch on May 21
by Mikel Reparaz / February 13, 2019 / 1 minute read

Assassin's Creed III Remastered will launch on May 21 for Nintendo Switch, bringing two full Assassin's Creed adventures to Nintendo's console. In addition to Connor's titular adventure through the American Revolution – which includes all its original DLC, including alternate-history adventure The Tyranny of King Washington – Assassin's Creed III Remastered also includes Assassin's Creed Liberation Remastered, which follows chameleonic Assassin Aveline de Grandpre's fight for freedom in 18th-century New Orleans and Chichen Itza.

The Nintendo Switch version includes improvements to gameplay mechanics, as well as several exclusive features including motion-controlled aiming, a HUD optimized for the Nintendo Switch, a touchscreen interface, HD rumble – and, of course, portability.

Assassin's Creed III Remastered will arrive on Nintendo Switch on May 21, and on Xbox One, PS4, and PC on March 29. For more on Assassin's Creed III Remastered, check out our previous coverage

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Switch "remaster" probably looks significantly worse than the original on PC, which is amusing. If the remaster makes the first 5 hours or so of that game tolerable though it might be worth checking out on PC, for fans of the series.

Pound Meat

Prophet
Because fuck you, this is getting remastered apparently.
https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/assassins-creed-3-remastered/
https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/arti...emastered-coming-to-nintendo-switch-on-may-21

Assassin’s Creed III Remastered Coming to Nintendo Switch on May 21
by Mikel Reparaz / February 13, 2019 / 1 minute read

Assassin's Creed III Remastered will launch on May 21 for Nintendo Switch, bringing two full Assassin's Creed adventures to Nintendo's console. In addition to Connor's titular adventure through the American Revolution – which includes all its original DLC, including alternate-history adventure The Tyranny of King Washington – Assassin's Creed III Remastered also includes Assassin's Creed Liberation Remastered, which follows chameleonic Assassin Aveline de Grandpre's fight for freedom in 18th-century New Orleans and Chichen Itza.

The Nintendo Switch version includes improvements to gameplay mechanics, as well as several exclusive features including motion-controlled aiming, a HUD optimized for the Nintendo Switch, a touchscreen interface, HD rumble – and, of course, portability.

Assassin's Creed III Remastered will arrive on Nintendo Switch on May 21, and on Xbox One, PS4, and PC on March 29. For more on Assassin's Creed III Remastered, check out our previous coverage

No idea how it looked before but the character models range from okay to really weird. Half the time the injun princess you fall in love with looks like a negro. It's bizarre. She's also super sassy, speaks perfect English, and rolls her eyes and quips like she's in a Joss Whedon movie.

JDR13

Arcane
I don't know how anyone enjoyed this series prior to AC: Odyssey. It was one shit game after another. Even Odyssey is shit in a lot of ways, but it was the first one I found bearable.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
I don't know how anyone enjoyed this series prior to AC: Odyssey. It was one shit game after another. Even Odyssey is shit in a lot of ways, but it was the first one I found bearable.
EZ, you can play exactly one fucking Ubisoft game before you've played them all. Imma let you in on a lil secret, peeps be having kids and they grow up. That shit means you can get new suckers to play it every time they remake the single game they have been making since fucking Far Cry 3 they cobbled together during the bronze age. Takes two games for gamers to realize they have been tricked into buying the same game twice. Do the math.

Pound Meat

Prophet
So are all the good guys in this game supposed to be Muslim? Other than the opening nonsense about aliens and virtual reality there is no explanation for what my character is doing or why so many historical American figures are helping him murder random dudes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom