Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

BarbequeMasta

Learned
If you had in mind Action/RPG only then of course RT is best for them
You can't have an action game be TB, those are opposites. And action RPG is also a nonsensical word salad that doesn't mean anything, but that's a different matter.
challenge accepted, now let me lean how to use an engine/design-games/not-compeltly-suck-at -everything and I'll come back to you in 5 or 10 years.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
If you had in mind Action/RPG only then of course RT is best for them
You can't have an action game be TB, those are opposites. And action RPG is also a nonsensical word salad that doesn't mean anything, but that's a different matter.
chess is an action rpg
It's peak TB, bro.
its Active Turn Based, bruh
But it could turn in to a full on action rpg.

Fixed.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I was thinking of a word with a more ...forceful meaning than that. They are also calling the gith an orc lololol.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
FnBjN4w.png
"Orc warrioress Lae'zel". :lol:

Lacrymas

Arcane
To be absolutely fair, she doesn't look like a gith and even I thought she was an orc at first, like I've mentioned several times. I'm more willing to say Larian haven't made her gith enough when basically everyone doesn't know what she is than blame the journos this time. The article is quite cringe-y, though, sooo.

Sherry

Arcane
Hi!

gosh okay tu so much Infinitron for taking the time to post that article it is very and it is a stew of two games brewed together but I do not undertsand how traps in a dungeon turn to turn based? Do they get a turn to fire based on your search/disarm skill or that what could it be right?" From what I have seeen it does not liok like it will meet the expectations of previousx games of the genre like Siege of DDragonspear adn Pillars of Eternity series and I hope we can create our own party instead of meeting with them scripted encounter NPCs to join the party. I just do not like how their faces looks and why aree they so clean looking right? RIGHT?? They are adventurers do they get laundry service or something?

I think right now the game Josh put money into to design the Lich Tower is the best bet in meeting our high standards and demands of the Codex vs. finding full barrels of oil in a forest ther ejust ot break and spill onto the forest floor and ignite with a fire spell while none of the trees burn around you during battle just so you can hope to divind the monsters between you and them with hot flames in a hopeful attempt to get them to be near them to cast an ice spell to freeze the flames and oil and slow the monsters down so you can then cast an acid spell on them to corrode their armor and weapons before finally finishing them off with a sleep spell right?

|Okay keep fighting the fight and see you on the field of barrel-filled combat squares! My initiative is over it is your turn!

gosh almost forget pls eveeryone be safe and listen to your local governm,ent or mayor okay? OKAY!

Thanks,
Sherry

Bara

Arcane
Many of them worshipers of an entity known as the Absolute. There's a world-changing conspiracy to unearth

From the forgotten realms wiki though I have no idea where they're pulling this from

In the late-15th century DR, many tribes began to swear allegiance to The Absolute, and other creatures became united and rallied to the cause. Volothamp Geddarm had heard about this and sought out any who made contact with the zealots of the Absolute. He claimed to have interrogated a goblin captive, who told him that they had forsaken Maglubiyet "in favor of someone called 'The Absolute'." Volo noticed that, since their loyalty was now with the Absolute, they had become "informed by a kind of strategy anathema to their kind." The well-known story teller intended to get to the bottom of the matter.

Like I already knew not to expect anything much from Larian writing but they they really do start this plot hard with kidnapped by Illithids to a far-realm god or creature pretending to be with "world-changing" truths.

Why can't it just at least start off simple with a mission to retake a city like Phlan or waking up in a dead house.

Also god help us if this is true. When I was looking up info if Absolute was something already established in the setting or not I came across this video.

Kiss the feet of a goblin to steel a ring. ALL IN MOCAP. I hope his source is wrong.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I'm not sure they want to go into Socratic dialogues, post-Hegelian idealism or Christian theology. If I were them, I wouldn't go there either.

Yosharian

Arcane
To be absolutely fair, she doesn't look like a gith and even I thought she was an orc at first, like I've mentioned several times. I'm more willing to say Larian haven't made her gith enough when basically everyone doesn't know what she is than blame the journos this time. The article is quite cringe-y, though, sooo.
Why should we be fair? Anyone who knows anything about D&D knows the difference between an Orc and a Gith. They don't even look the same, there's many differences. For starters the noses are completely different.

I'm done being fair to incompetent journalists. They can fuck off.

Gyor

Savant
I'm not sure they want to go into Socratic dialogues, post-Hegelian idealism or Christian theology. If I were them, I wouldn't go there either.

If we are exploring Theology I'd prefer Henadic Platonism and Modal Realist based Polytheology.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Not meaning something that melodramatic,but such words do have an impact when meant for a character. Yet they use them in such a meaningless and empty ways. I would love to play an "absolute" RPG!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom