Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battlefield 5 - going back to WW2

Oracsbox

first I thought you were full of it as it seemed highly unlikely an M8 would make it all the way to the eastern front (the movie is based on events in Majdanek, in the south-east of Poland), but apparently they did lend-lease them to the russians. I stand corrected, dear sir!

Sorry dude I couldn't help myself posting those pics.The Germans used anything they could get their hands on.
You're right tho' Dice just use anything they have a model for they couldn't give two shits about historical accuracy.

SpoilVictor

Educated
People should stop being obsessed with stock prices. No one is going bankrupt, and there are always other factors than "this game sucks". ActiBlizz went down also after Diablo Immortal fiasco, but very few gamers realized it wasn't stock reacting to Blizzard fuckery, as it was reaction to ActiBlizz financial report saying that Destiny 2 didn't meet expected sales as well as Blackops 3. Second thing is that stock markets are correcting overblown courses in tech, IT and software departments - even CD Projekt Red went down 'cause their shares got so high without apparent reason.

Another thing is EA makes so much profit on Fifa (slaes + MTX) alone that BFV or Anthem doing bad (they still will sell just not as much as EA hopes to), wont bring them down. Only thing that will happen when "online games as a service bubble" burst it that some heads will roll and they will lower expected profit prediction. And that will happen when they finally realize that there is only limited amount of money and space for games-as-a-service thing. And that you must have actual game to hook up players to milk (GTA Online, Fifa, LoL and so on) not a empty shell trainwreck (Destiny 2, Fallout 76).

On the positive side of things even as gamers as general are still dumbest and easiest customers to exploit there are long awaited signs of franchise fatigue showing up.

Either way put your champaigne bottles back to fridge and cancel those EA gravestone orders - they arent going anywhere soon.

Dexter

Arcane
http://archive.is/DLqNW
Battlefield 5 physical sales down more than half on Battlefield 1
But it's not a clear picture.

Tom Phillips News Editor @tomphillipsEG

Battlefield 5 officially launched in shops last Tuesday, 20th November - enough time to give it five days on sale during its launch week. But it sold fewer than half the physical copies Battlefield 1 did upon its launch - when that was only on sale three days.

It sounds like bad news for Battlefield 5, and it is - but there are a couple of caveats which make it harder to tell by how much Battlefield 5 was down.

Battlefield 5 was available digitally earlier if you bought the pricier Deluxe Edition, which granted access on 15th November. And you could gain access earlier still if you subscribed to Origin Access Premier, which only launched this year. And then there's the general rise in digital game sales over physical copies. As ever, UK numbers company Chart-Track only counts boxed copies sold.

But it's hard to see how Battlefield 5 can't be down significantly on Battlefield 1 - even with all of the above taken into consideration. And, for comparison, it sold fewer than half the physical copies of this year's Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.

Physical sales of Battlefield 5 were down even on the unpopular spin-off Battlefield Hardline, though it is conceivable the BF5's digital sales made up that gap.

Battlefield 5 struggled through a shaky beta and subsequent delay to try and differentiate itself from Battlefield 1. Its battle royale mode - something COD has at launch - is not due to arrive until March next year.

"Battlefield 5 is a mess," Martin Robinson wrote in Eurogamer's Battlefield 5 review. "It's the glitchiest, most technically troubled DICE's sandbox multiplayer has been since the infamous launch of Battlefield 4, and even the launch itself is all over the place."

Elsewhere in the chart, Farming Simulator launched in 16th place, while Bendy and the Ink Machine launched in 30th.

Black Friday week sales boosted numerous games - especially FIFA 19, which managed to reclaim the top spot.

1. FIFA 19
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
  3. Red Dead Redemption 2
  4. Battlefield 5
  5. Forza Horizon 4
  6. Marvel's Spider-Man
  7. Fallout 76
  8. Pokémon: Let's Go Pikachu
  9. Spyro Trilogy
  10. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Guess it's getting the Fallout 76 treatment: http://archive.is/KLkOr
Battlefield 5 Is Already On Sale For $30 (Xbox One, PS4)
Brand new and dirt cheap.
Last updated by Chris Reed on November 27, 2018 at 10:47AM

It's hardly a week old, but EA's latest shooter, Battlefield V, is already on sale for $30 at Target right now. This surprisingly low sale price applies to the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game. The deal is only good until Thursday, November 29, so if you've been considering picking up this WWII shooter, you'll want to jump on this deal fast.

That's not the only Battlefield V deal going on right now, either. Walmart has the console versions of the game on sale for $40 each, while Best Buy has them on sale for $42 apiece on console, as well as on PC. And if you buy the game on any platform from Best Buy, it comes with a free steelbook case.

Best Buy also has the deluxe edition on sale for $72 (normally $80) on PS4 and Xbox One. That isn't as big of a discount as the standard edition, but the deluxe edition comes with 20 weekly airlift items, special assignment missions, and five sets of paratrooper outfits.

Battlefield V is an online shooter that will be changing and expanding in the months to come. It already has a single-player campaign called War Stories and a number of multiplayer modes. Between now and March 2019, Electronic Arts will be releasing a slew of free content, including new modes, maps, a new Grand Operations mission, and a battle royale mode called Firestorm.

In our Battlefield V review, Michael Higham scored the game 8/10, writing, "The Battlefield series has a winning formula that Battlefield V doesn't deviate far from, at least for now. Conquest and the map roster don't mesh well together, however, Grand Operations--and the other modes within it--steal the show and foster some of the greatest moments the franchise has offered. You might be surprised by the impact of the slight changes made for this entry, especially when you're deep into pushing or defending objectives in Frontlines alongside teammates fulfilling their roles. That's when Battlefield V is at its best."

Last edited:

Terra

Cipher
If only the game had been more inclusive...

It's funny, journalistic rags can afford to attack their audience to some extent, worst that happens is the ship goes down and the rats move onto a new ship. Contrast that with running a huge dev studio and all those smartass socjus comments you've been projecting out for the past few months come home to roost and suddenly your multi-million dollar-burning dev studio ain't looking too rosy anymore.

Last edited:

DemonKing

Arcane
There are tons of full PC servers here in Aussieland so it seems pretty popular to me (can't vouch for PS/Xbox). I suspect on PC the ready availability of cheap cdkeys + more than a few idiots signing up for the premium service thinking that Anthem will actually be worth playing has meant boxed sales are down. Thankfully most of the players seem to be using exclusively male soldiers so the immersion is not shattered by having to constantly listen to screaming amazons in the middle of a firefight.

I got my boxed copy from Amazon as I had a $30 credit and they sent me an empty DVD box containing a card with the CD-Key...:roll:

SpoilVictor

Educated
As funny as it is I don't believe that all this "no wamen in my Battlefield" outrage is a big factor here. Sure, there are folks who refused to buy this crap on principle, but vast majority of BF buyers are casuals, console kiddies, gaming dads and other dudebros who doesn't care about such things and possibly didn't even heard about any controversy.

Most likely it's simple "same shit different skin" syndrome - they are simply fed up of BF for now. Especially when BF does whatever it can to just be COD on larger maps. Run and gun, die, respawn, repeat. Since BF3 DICE made sure that all this "large" maps funnel players to meatgrinder areas - effectively turning BF to glorified TDM.

I've played a lot of BF3, little BF4 and generally forgot about that franchise. Recently I got BF1 (dirt cheap on Origin + free Premium), played like 15h or so and uninstalled - yep it is pretty much the same game as BF3 and ppl are simply done like they did with Ass Creed or even CoD which sells worse and worse. Seems like even giants have to spice things up from time to time.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
As funny as it is I don't believe that all this "no wamen in my Battlefield" outrage is a big factor here. Sure, there are folks who refused to buy this crap on principle, but vast majority of BF buyers are casuals, console kiddies, gaming dads and other dudebros who doesn't care about such things and possibly didn't even heard about any controversy.

Most likely it's simple "same shit different skin" syndrome - they are simply fed up of BF for now. Especially when BF does whatever it can to just be COD on larger maps. Run and gun, die, respawn, repeat. Since BF3 DICE made sure that all this "large" maps funnel players to meatgrinder areas - effectively turning BF to glorified TDM.

I've played a lot of BF3, little BF4 and generally forgot about that franchise. Recently I got BF1 (dirt cheap on Origin + free Premium), played like 15h or so and uninstalled - yep it is pretty much the same game as BF3 and ppl are simply done like they did with Ass Creed or even CoD which sells worse and worse. Seems like even giants have to spice things up from time to time.

Casuals may not care, but hardcore fans do, and it's fans that create the hype that makes casuals interested in your product, advertising can only do so much. A lot of media companies have lost a lot of money by taking their fans for granted.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
If anyone want to test that game for a week - send tweet to EA Help's twitter account with #TRYBFV hashtag to get Origin Access Basic for free that goes for a week.
I want more people to provide more posts and hilarity ensured.
I expect nothing less from people who keep Skyrim on their Steam accounts.

Gerrard

Arcane
People should stop being obsessed with stock prices. No one is going bankrupt, and there are always other factors than "this game sucks". ActiBlizz went down also after Diablo Immortal fiasco, but very few gamers realized it wasn't stock reacting to Blizzard fuckery, as it was reaction to ActiBlizz financial report saying that Destiny 2 didn't meet expected sales as well as Blackops 3.
Wrong. There were two drops, first one was after Blizzcon, the second after the financial report week later.

Dexter

Arcane
So apparently they decided to triple down?

DtWgSczWwAA0ck7.jpg

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
:shredder:
At this rate Anthem must be a success,it could really break the horse's back. It just lost a 3 years of stock gains in a few months. The times we live in are truly amazing.
jtS1sIY.png

Edit:LoL even Activision lost a third of their stock value.....amazing times.

EditEdit: Wath the fuck even ubishit is crumbling......
:abyssgazer:
I still remember when they bumped back to 100 after andromedas fiasco. They're really taking a pounding to fall that far.

Big Wrangle

The PR for this game flip flops faster than a dying fish.

DayofBlow

Educated
Their doing their bit, erasing all the men who actually took part in the Norwegian operation, replacing them with a stronk wymyn and her stronkerer wymchild.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom