Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battlefield 5 - going back to WW2

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
All "tech" is going down in stock price. I believe it has to do with Apple's stock crashing and the rest is bad rep that gets reflected on anything that counts as "Tech". Of course getting progressively greedy and lazy and rehashing the same franchises with next to no innovation for the past 10 years is starting to catch up with EA, Ubisoft and Activision, and it's not helping :lol:
It will be fun to see the bubble burst. To be honest the last two years there was unnatural spike in the tech stock prices,it could be that the markets are normalising. Still doesn't mean that some company won't go down the drain. Ubishit did surprised me,it seems that their shitty games didn't meet expectations. Also the notion of constant growth in the modern market is retarded beyond believe,people expecting to constantly get more and more money per same investment....is just sooo american. I really do hope to see the AAA industry burn,that way Vogel will get even more street cred....outliving even the big giants :lol:.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
If the tech bubble bursts it's not going to bring down any AAA game publishers, the companies that will go bust are the "mega-startups" like Tesla and Uber etc. that live off investor money rather than sales. Vidya game sales would probably increase as people who lose their jobs due to the crash can no longer afford luxury entertainment and turn to gaming as a cheaper way to spend their free time.
The entertainment industry has always been largely recession-proof.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
bq-5bf82a61a9eb4.png

I'm currently too tired to verify this.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
This sounds like a less than a million copies sold. Still the holidays are just beginning,the number could rise.

Tehdagah

Arcane
All "tech" is going down in stock price. I believe it has to do with Apple's stock crashing and the rest is bad rep that gets reflected on anything that counts as "Tech". Of course getting progressively greedy and lazy and rehashing the same franchises with next to no innovation for the past 10 years is starting to catch up with EA, Ubisoft and Activision, and it's not helping :lol:
It will be fun to see the bubble burst. To be honest the last two years there was unnatural spike in the tech stock prices,it could be that the markets are normalising. Still doesn't mean that some company won't go down the drain. Ubishit did surprised me,it seems that their shitty games didn't meet expectations. Also the notion of constant growth in the modern market is retarded beyond believe,people expecting to constantly get more and more money per same investment....is just sooo american. I really do hope to see the AAA industry burn,that way Vogel will get even more street cred....outliving even the big giants :lol:.
The industry won't burn, big companies will just find new IPs to milk. Medal of Honor, Tony Hawk, Guitar Hero, Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell etc were once big franchises.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I did predict this will be the season of triple A bombs, and it seems like BFV is about to follow the fate of Fallout 76. And since I was recently uncovered as Cleanpricegaming :lol:, I might as well post this:

Oracsbox

Balanced criticism of the games historical accuracy retconned for modern propaganda/perversion.

I'm glad I don't play any of this shit however I am fascinated by this strange loathing some white people have for their own history and achievements.

Modern events have proven women should never have been allowed to vote and any man who says he's a feminist should be drowned in a bucket :D.

DemonKing

Arcane
The actual game isn't too bad but having 3 different launch dates depending on how much money you wanted to pay was pretty retarded. SFX via the 3D headphones option are fantastic and it's a nice touch that you can now be blown off your feet if you're near an explosion but not near enough to be killed by it. The usual online complaints abound about snipers, planes etc being overpowered but I think they got the balance pretty well sorted. The land vehicles if anything are a bit underpowered given that the panzerfaust is readily available even to beginning players. Have to say this is the first BF game where it feels like they actually got the infantry shooting aspect right too.

The post-release content thing is interesting in that if you're a glass half empty person you can wail about them selling a half-finished game and if you're a glass half full version you can sit back with the knowledge the developer will continue to support the game for some time. I like it but probably would have preferred if they'd provided a few more iconic battlefields (eg Omaha Beach, Stalingrad, Iwo Jima etc) than the ones that come with the base game.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Dice devs should watch this documentary and see what women were doing, there is not a single women taken as war prisoner among millions of men, because they were not fighting.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I've found the real Battlefield V and it's called Post Scriptum. Anyone with a good enough memory and play time of Battlefield 1942, please enlighten me if it's worse or better than it.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Different types of games. Imagine Post Scriptum as more of a Project Reality/Squad type deal, than the arcadiness of Battlefield.

AwesomeButton

Patron
I've always thought Battlefield's mechanics would evolve towards more "realism", in the direction of Post Scriptum. BF1942 allowed only one gun and a sidearm, which was ulike the popular shooters of the time which were indeed "arcade".

Of course, the direction Batlefield took after Battlefield 2 was completely different. To be honest, I can't feel much difference in the character movement and FOV between Battlefield I/V and CoD.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's the best current WW2 PTSD simulator. Fun, but can get frustrating as hell, as 99% of your deaths will be totally unannounced and seemingly random. Also be prepared to crawl around on your belly while helplessly watch your medal seeking squad leader be shredded to bits in a hail of MG42 bullets.

DemonKing

Arcane
...there is not a single women taken as war prisoner among millions of men, because they were not fighting.

On the other hand the number of women who were raped was probably a lot higher than the number of men...even a drunk Russian could probably tell the difference between a Hilde and a Hans...

warci

Educated
...there is not a single women taken as war prisoner among millions of men, because they were not fighting.

On the other hand the number of women who were raped was probably a lot higher than the number of men...even a drunk Russian could probably tell the difference between a Hilde and a Hans...
Maybe they should incorporate that in their shitty popamole then, you just lay on your back with a quicktime event 'push a to squirm' while russian after russian takes his turn. Equal representation and all that. Unless you select to play as a dude and you get all the guns and stuff and do the raping/shooting/raping.

Reinhardt

Arcane

Hanses were only good for killing.

Reinhardt

Arcane

Maybe they should incorporate that in their shitty popamole then, you just lay on your back with a quicktime event 'push a to squirm' while russian after russian takes his turn. Equal representation and all that. Unless you select to play as a dude and you get all the guns and stuff and do the raping/shooting/raping.
If you want women who do the rape - make game about
91TQZxcxY0L._SY445_.jpg

warci

Educated
Fits like a glove: it's got an M8 greyhound with a balkenkreuz on it, that's about the level of historical accuracy I expect from battelfield

warci

Educated
first I thought you were full of it as it seemed highly unlikely an M8 would make it all the way to the eastern front (the movie is based on events in Majdanek, in the south-east of Poland), but apparently they did lend-lease them to the russians. I stand corrected, dear sir!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom