Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bioware responds to same sex relationships in DA

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
This news post is mad gay.

ElectricOtter

D. Gaydar said:
So long as romances of any kind are optional and need to be actively pursued by the player in order to be experienced, they simply don't have a leg to stand on.
'
Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck. Seriously?

meh

Educated
There's a saying, how you will meet new year, that kind of year you'll have (lame translation). Bromances - suitable for codex.

Cassidy

Arcane
Bioware: By retards and fags, For retards and fags.

It is clear Bioware has a social responsibility of including both "special" people and gays along their target audience.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Cassidy said:
It is clear Bioware has a social responsibility of including both "special" people and gays along their target audience.

Actually a few devs at bioware (who are straight and I read their blogs) are very gay friendly and have no problems adding F/F or M/M romances in their games (same with Obsidian, see the cut Gann M/M romance in MotB). Also one of the devs actually put in a M/M romance in Mass Effect 2 (in the early build) but later on it was cut, with no explanation.

It's not really a "social responsibility".

mondblut

Arcane
Angthoron said:
Hey guys, you're missing an important point here - one day they may include RPG into their interactive movies again, or maybe even decent gameplay for the minority of the players that enjoy to, like, play games.

Alas, having a gameplay there would not be optional and would ruin the dating sim for everyone else. So, we are a bad kind of minority, like pedophiles and nazis. No service.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
wtfge.png

:smug:

mondblut

Arcane
I now realize why Volly loves Bioware so much. On their forums he can feel as superior a genius as Cleve does on the Codex ;)

torpid

Liturgist
The problem with Bioware romances isn't that they're gay or straight; the problem is that they're fucking terrible.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Volourn said:
"What, are you implying that BioWare believes in financial feasibility of branching storylines?"

Within reason.

Which means, translated from hypespeak, maybe adding one or two sidequests that slightly change the ending slides, like in Dragon Age.

Any more branching of a story than in DA will never be seen in a Bioware game.

UserNamer

Cipher
developers could spend a lot more time on the GAME itself (including the basic gameplay rules and mechanics, the level design, the exploration factor, the interesting stuff that you can actually do, the coherence and interest of the setting) that they have no excuse wasting time on gay-ass homo-shit like romance.

The problem with games is that they are made by increasingly emasculated dudes (gay or not, many of them are simply too testosterone-free) for increasingly emasculated gaymers.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Bioware: By retards and fags, For retards and fags."

So.. they're made for the Codex.

"I now realize why Volly loves Bioware so much. On their forums he can feel as superior a genius as Cleve does on the Codex"

That's my reason for posting on the net period. No matter how shitty my RL is, or some horrible decision I made, I read a few things on the net, and I instantly feel better about myself.

P.S. I rarely post on the BIO forums anymore.

"Which means, translated from hypespeak, maybe adding one or two sidequests that slightly change the ending slides, like in Dragon Age.

Any more branching of a story than in DA will never be seen in a Bioware game."

Bullshitz.

"developers could spend a lot more time on the GAME itself (including the basic gameplay rules and mechanics, the level design, the exploration factor, the interesting stuff that you can actually do, the coherence and interest of the setting) that they have no excuse wasting time on gay-ass homo-shit like romance. "

Romances is a miniscule amount of the work they liekly do on their games. *shruG*

kris

Arcane
I don't care about them putting in these romances, in fact I would hardly know about any "gay romances" if I didn't read the codex. Here you rage like it is an important issue. I can't see what Bioware will gain for adding them either, since it cater to such a minor group. But maybe the extra attention they get makes it worth it.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Volourn said:
"Which means, translated from hypespeak, maybe adding one or two sidequests that slightly change the ending slides, like in Dragon Age.

Any more branching of a story than in DA will never be seen in a Bioware game."

Bullshitz.

Yeah, because Bioware has *any* motivation whatsoever to add more C&C or a real branching storyline (like, say, different questlines for good and evil like in the latter half of Arcanum). Everyone said Dragon Age had great C&C (even VD lauded the game for this in his review), Mass Effect is liked for being able to import the end savegame from the first game into the second.

When everyone already tells them that they have good C&C, they have no motivation at all to actually make real branching storylines - because profit is everything they aim for, they don't care about creating a masterpiece with lasting appeal, and branching storylines and C&C isn't what they like doing most anyway - they much prefer linear or at least semi-linear DRAMATIC stories with romances and EPIC cutscenes and CINEMATIC storytelling. :roll:

Now, do you have any argument at all to back up your opinion, or is "bullshitz" all you have to say?

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
JarlFrank said:
When everyone already tells them that they have good C&C, they have no motivation at all to actually make real branching storylines - because profit is everything they aim for, they don't care about creating a masterpiece with lasting appeal, and branching storylines and C&C isn't what they like doing most anyway - they much prefer linear or at least semi-linear DRAMATIC stories with romances and EPIC cutscenes and CINEMATIC storytelling. :roll:

Branching storylines does not automatically translate to lasting appeal or a masterpiece. The inverse is also true. I'll settle for bioware making a decent story. Whether it branches or not only matters to a couple dozen faggots on the codex.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
I personally think that same sex romances are the biggest achievement of bioware from BG2. I only see :decline: and catering to imbeciles for more than decade so bromaces don't surprise me...

kris said:
I can't see what Bioware will gain for adding them either, since it cater to such a minor group. But maybe the extra attention they get makes it worth it.
Well, it's not just LGBT minorities. By including homo-romances, Bioware caters also to men who like to play female characters for whatever reason and engage in hawt lesbian romance. There's a shitton of them, you know. And, to much lesser extent - to women, who like play male characters for hawt gay romance, respectively.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Mastermind said:
JarlFrank said:

Branching storylines does not automatically translate to lasting appeal or a masterpiece. The inverse is also true. I'll settle for bioware making a decent story.
Fucking storyfags :x .

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom