Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Clan Quest mod for Bloodlines

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Out:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-clan-quest-mod

- Added new Kuei-Jin themed quest available to all clans
- Added an alternative solution for completing the Fu Syndicate scenario
- Added an alternative solution to navigating the Warrens
- Added new cut scenes to the Malkavian clan quest
- Added a new mini-quest for Malkavian characters
- Added a special Easter egg for Malkavians
- Integration with Companion Mod, i.e. Comp Mod Lite
- Added Strauss' terminal in the chantry
- Added a special hidden Easter egg, featuring the Prince
- Changed the stealth section of the Toreador quest to be more coherent
- Changed the battle with Strauss in the Brujah quest to much harder, incorporate the Regent's Thaumaturgical abilities
- Updated the installer to use the game's root directory as the target install path, rather than the 'Vampire' directory within the root directory.
- Updated the installer to not include an uninstaller, display meaningless warning messages
- Updated the mod to integrate with Unofficial Patch 7.9

Also, 900 mb.

Carceri

Arcane
A new cut scene featuring VV's never before seen strip show.

It's not like you couldn't see this coming.

Also:
Powerful new quest rewards, including stat increases and even learning a fourth discipline!
Why do they even bother with this crap, there are already enough stat enhancer rewards and you end up overpowered anyway?

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
I played the 2.1 version about a month ago and I think it was good.I don't if it's worth another playthrough just to see this mod but if you intend to replay the game this is a good mod to add some things.

Note that the installer contains a dozen other mods that you may or may not install.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Purists are morons as usual. Go back to fellating your own dicks.

I was in fact displeased by the edits made to the toreador/gangrel girls (skin tone shit, bigger boobs), but was not for the brujah and tremere ones (replacement, removed sunglasses)

And of course, you don't want to install the companion mod or skins... or maybe the camarilla edition, because of the loading screens (though the rest of it changes the game mostly for the better i think).

Gord

Arcane
Yes, you are overpowered after 1/2-2/3 of the game, but that was true for vanilla as well.

I played an earlier version of the CQM and found it to be pretty cool, although I was sceptical at first.
If you are looking for some "new" experiences from Bloodlines it's worth a shot.

Stay away from the NPC retextures though, they are not very good, imho.
The changes to the music come down to taste, I guess, personally I found them unnecessary.
VV stuff is a bit silly, but well, it's over quick, so...

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
I played around it a bit, it's pretty decent if you ignore the music/texture changes. The guy got some paid voice actors for this and it shows. The new quests are not that obtrusive as far as I know. I'd say it's good enough to try out if you already played through the game a couple of times. There's a couple of difficulty mods installed, which will make the game less a cakewalk than it was, in fact it'll probably make it so hard that any overpowered shit will be a good thing - I remember reading that on the highest difficulty, the game is impossible for certain builds. This is pretty lame if you just want to enjoy the game as is, but for those who played it through many times, a little challenge shouldn't hurt

dextermorgan

Arcane
Bookmarked for perusal at a latter date. Rather funny that I was trying to sell the game to a neighbor youth just earlier today. Failed with Bloodlines but she's getting Grim Fandango so my good deed for the day's been done.

dr. one

Augur
I´ve played Tremere with CQM 2.1 quite recently and I´d say it´s a good mod.
Can´t say anything about other mods bundled with it because I haven´t installed any of these.

Regarding balance, the additional quests add more opportunities to gain exp points, but I´m pretty sure the author balanced this by making some vanilla quests grant less exp.
Some rewards from clan quests likely make the game easier, but these seem to come mostly fairly late in the game and one can easily end up being "overpowered" by that time in vanilla anyway, plus it´s not like the late game streak of mostly combat-heavy content counts among the interesting stuff the game offers.

As for the quests themselves, the content not tied to a clan fleshes out the setting a bit without feeling intrusive in general, two exceptions to this would be one original minor character being voiced by someone who sounds markedly different and one minor newly added character having voice recorded in technically subpar quality.
The Tremere clan quest was pretty involved (variety of skill checks, some choices resulting in different rewards, optional slightly difficult combat scenarios), not entirely straightforward and I´ve found it to be interesting experience overall. I´ve left it till the time the game largely runs out of steam (did it before Society of Leopold iirc) and it did enhance the overall impression of the late game positively for me.
The quest added possibly new characterization element to one major character which some purists may disagree with, but personally I´ve found it believable enough.
Considering this is a mod and the quest utilized some major vanilla characters, the voice acting is of exceptionally good quality. Well recorded and pretty close to the originals, here´s a spoiler-y example of Strauss:

Can´t say anything about the quality of other clan quests or the 3.0 additions, but I´d tentatively recommend it to anyone who isn´t a strict purist and wants to experience a replay with a bit more surprises on the way than usual.
Also, careful with the installation, I think the package has some other mods checked by default and these may be undesirable.

Harold

Arcane
Heck, I'm no purist, but how the hell does Strauss asking you to diablerize a Malkavian, even as a last resort, have any fucking resemblence whatsoever to his character as is presented to the player in the vanilla game. There's artistic liberty in taking an established character and showing different sides of him, and then there's retarded shit like that which makes no sense and that the dude most probably added simply by following the retard-logic: "Wouldn't it be cool if the player could diablerize Jeanette after he... no, wait, AS he fucks her. OMG GENIUS. step aside brian mitsoda, shakespeare made a mod!"

The voice actor is p. good, though.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
The quest to avoid the sewers is ok, but not as difficult as it should be.

So, if I want to play this mod, I also have to suffer all the integrated ones? Or does it let me choose before install? I really don't want to play with Camarilla Edition, for example, don't like how it changes disciplines.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
No you choose which ones you want to install.The only mandatory ones are the clan quest and the basic Wesp's patch.Everything else it's up to you,in fact you can't install all of them since some of them are mutually exclusive

Ok, that's cool. Now I really have to try it out. Thanks. Might have to play through this game 15 more times.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I played with the last version of the Clan Quest mod and I can't say it improved the experience for me. (This is using both difficulty increasing mods that come with it, and not using the Camarilla mod which seemed to fuck up the game really badly.)

It's not really making you overpowered because the difficulty mod makes the game crushingly difficult, but honestly, after playing this game so much, that, too, is just a speedbump for me, I'm sorry to say.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Didn't really like the companion mod - it uses a pile of hacks and generalized scripts instead of scripting sequences when it should, causing things to get awkward around elevators trams and such. Dialog is stilted because it really uses a clever hack of "shaping" the original voices files into new dialogs by copying parts of old dialogs into new ones and "equalizing" them (or whatever sound engineers call it). Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but it mostly doesn't. And it's kinda like cheating; companions are immortal, agro magnets, and if not vamped, portable bloodolls.

For the clan quest themselves, there are some that are extremely well done, but there are some that are incomplete and it shows. But they have the possibility of enriching the game a lot. For instance, the Tremere quest is nice, but the Ventrue quest has many dialogs unvoiced yet; and yet, is the most ambitious of all:
it has the beginnings of a sabbat faction, only missing a faction specific ending (quests and Andrei involvement would be nice too).

Unfortunately the version i saw appropriated the companion mod (and companions are always buggy in this game) and the original endings don't make much sense for it.
It's not all roses; some dialogs were obviously recorded with the wrong equipment or the wrong volume or the voice actor is noticeably different.

Avoiding most of the sewers is very nice, and the alternative Fu Syndicate quest is out-right brilliant (needs a little polish when - where - gary calls you, that's all). It's a nice example of the type of quest that i've wished often there was more on rpgs, hidden, a kind of puzzle and a subtle alternative to outright confrontation. The Kieu-Jin quest is quite a nice infodump and well done if quite... ah, decadent and vulgar.

Cammarila edition i like: i enjoy having to ambush civilians in the streets, like the college, and after installing the optional loading screens of the clan quest mod (that override the fugly CE ones) there is not much to dislike.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
It's actually much harder, especially if you add one of the difficulty or guns mods.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
It's definitely incredibly hard, at least as a Malkavian.

But like I said, nothing that you can't survive if you actually buy some blood packs. (You never need to do this normally.)

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
First thing i did was sell blood heal and blood buff and buy protean and animalism (free the inner beast is pretty cool).

Blood heal is the god mode of this game btw.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom