Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Pre-Release Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Strong words from this gravelly voiced man, Elias Toufexis the voice of Adam Jensen in the Deus Ex series and several other well known characters joined the program to discuss his life in the world of videos and MOST importantly what to expect in the upcoming game.

We cover what didn’t work in Mankind Divided, what changes are expected.

Why this time around Adam Jensen has much more of a voice.

Running away from Boss battles is BACK!

How combat is actually FUN this time around!?!

He was alright in The Expanse. Don't remember much about his voice though, seemed quite normal to me..

Must have been
giphy.gif

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
Last "Deus Ex" game (commercial) was done in 2000 - others were just failed attempts. Future developers should learn from TNM how to do it right, imo.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
I can't remember a single goddamn thing about DX:HR, it's plot or it's characters, and I finished it and do remember liking it back then.
Isn't it like that with most games? I don't remember any details about plot from DX, except that it was about major conspiracies, iluminati n stuff and only character besides JC i clearly remember was Simons. Granted, i only played it once (not because i didn't like it, but because there's hardly any replay values despite what fanboys say).

SwiftCrack

Arcane
DX HR was a lot closer to the mark than Thi4f or Absolution. Yeah, the level design could stand to have been better but... eh... Still had a lot of nice vignettes the old one had like if you wait too long to get on the helicopter to rescue the hostages they'll be dead.

Experience because you sneaked through a vent was all I needed.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Guess you're being sarcastic. but extensive exploration is usually rewarded in various ways so it's kinda okay, although the way HR did it is shabby. It basically teases power gamey inclined to crawl through every hole in the map even thouhg you've already found your preferred way before that. The same with non-lethal take downs and silent head shots and hacking. That's my main complain about HR. On the other hand, if you want to go aggressive way, there are much less praxis points needed to max out everything you need for this playstyle.

T. Reich

Arcane
Nah I was being ironic. Vent crawling "exploration" exp is laughable in every DX game, but it's so adorable in a way, so I don't feel bad about it.
Hell, the moment they make a DX game without vents is the moment they make a shit game.

T. Reich

Arcane
Yeah, they went overboard with it in some places.
I do think it's a result of level designers being formulaic: "DX had vents, we gotta have vents, too! Let's make sure every level has vents!"
Alas, the art of interesting level design is pretty much lost in our days.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wonder if the techno-future will ever be space-efficient enough to provide an effective ventilation system that can't comfortably accommodate tall, muscular cyborgs.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Every dystopian future appreciates the importance of a large system of ducts.

bz3.jpg

Hi, there. I want to talk to you about ducts. Do your ducts seem old-fashioned? Out-of-date? Central Services' new duct designs are now available in hundreds of different colors to suit your individual taste.

Ash

Arcane
Isn't it like that with most games? I don't remember any details about plot from DX, except that it was about major conspiracies, iluminati n stuff and only character besides JC i clearly remember was Simons. Granted, i only played it once (not because i didn't like it, but because there's hardly any replay values despite what fanboys say).

:4/5:

DeepOcean

Arcane
Deus Ex 1 vents:

Hidden under cardboad box behind a trash can on a hidden and dark corner of the map that lead to an obscure and complete optional maze of vents. You crawl on the vents seeking a way out and hoping getting somewhere on an fairly big map.

Deus Ex Human Revolution vent:

Please clueless player enter on this yellow marked vent that we obviouly placed on the easiest placed to find and will lead you just a few meters ahead on this linear corridor saving you from the boredom of having to deal with enemies on this linear corredor.

T. Reich

Arcane
Deus Ex 1 vents:

Hidden under cardboad box behind a trash can on a hidden and dark corner of the map that lead to an obscure and complete optional maze of vents. You crawl on the vents seeking a way out and hoping getting somewhere on an fairly big map.

Deus Ex Human Revolution vent:

Please clueless player enter on this yellow marked vent that we obviouly placed on the easiest placed to find and will lead you just a few meters ahead on this linear corridor saving you from the boredom of having to deal with enemies on this linear corredor.

By falling for that obvious vent, you missed the actually hidden vent completely concealed behind the crate that is only movable if you had the strength aug. This particular vent would've led you on a totally different optional route that avoided a segment of the level and presented you with opportunity to emerge in a totally different location of the level.
Replace that with "breakable wall" or "a long and otherwise fatal drop" if you have the other specific augs as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom