Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Zetor

Arcane
Don't think there'll be too many 'real' reviews as long as there's a 100% CTD (on some configurations, anyway) in the middle of the first unskippable cutscene after the tutorial mission. #justd1pthings

There seems to be some ctd's if you play too much with the settings or you put the Textures too high.

There's also some general improvements if you enable exclusive fullscreen in the display tab.
Actually the CTD occurs if you have subtitles enabled... which makes just about zero sense, but hey. :clownshoes:

zeitgeist

Magister
rCnCwQW.jpg

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Don't think there'll be too many 'real' reviews as long as there's a 100% CTD (on some configurations, anyway) in the middle of the first unskippable cutscene after the tutorial mission. #justd1pthings

There seems to be some ctd's if you play too much with the settings or you put the Textures too high.

There's also some general improvements if you enable exclusive fullscreen in the display tab.
Actually the CTD occurs if you have subtitles enabled... which makes just about zero sense, but hey. :clownshoes:

Really? Had only 2 ctds and that only when I kept changing the settings back and forth.

It really needs a patch or two to actually become playable,too rough at the moment

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

Total biscuit saying performance is fine, even tho is pc is shit...

But the only one full of shit is he, as his pc hardware is much better than anything most people can afford.

A fucking retard that bloke is,as most of these youtube reviewers barely grasp what kind of hardware most people have.

Hurr Durr works fine on my 1080 quad sli and i7 5890k,even tho it slips under 60 at ultra.It's like they don't think that a 3-4k PC should skyrocket the shit out of all games...

vmar

Savant
Seriously why the fuck is he talking about his pc being broken shit when he has like 2 1080s and an i7?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

But the only one full of shit is he, as his pc hardware is much better than anything most people can afford.

A fucking retard that bloke is,as most of these youtube reviewers barely grasp what kind of hardware most people have.

Hurr Durr works fine on my 1080 quad sli and i7 5890k,even tho it slips under 60 at ultra.It's like they don't think that a 3-4k PC should skyrocket the shit out of all games...

When he reports that a game cannot run well even on his monster PC, then that shows that on a weaker PC it struggles even more. These reports are not solely about how does his PC runs the game, but what options does the game have, and did he notice something in optimisation or not.

tormund

Arcane

And this after, in his NMS video, he clearly stated how "it works well for me, on my rig, hence it is a good tech-wise" argument means jack-shit on PC. And after stating how his PC is above what usually passes for a "high end" one right now

What a beautiful trainwreck this game is. -66% at autumn steam sale.

Usual deal for Squeenix games.
Pretty much, and that is regardless of well received the game is, or how well it sells.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Anyone else not even thinking about getting this besides me? The last one was just completely devoid of challenge and barely had any chargen, nevermind meaningful chargen. It is just a pure console game with a few different ways to complete quests, and not a rpg. This thread should be moved to the non-rpg game section if it is like the last one.
Uh, excuse me? DX:HR is RPG Codex 56th Top RPG of All Time.

That is because this site is filled with console monkey savages who love console games and never even hear of, never mind play, real crpgs.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Anyone else not even thinking about getting this besides me? The last one was just completely devoid of challenge and barely had any chargen, nevermind meaningful chargen. It is just a pure console game with a few different ways to complete quests, and not a rpg. This thread should be moved to the non-rpg game section if it is like the last one.

That is because this site is filled with console monkey savages who love console games and never even hear of, never mind play, real crpgs.
Obviously. Or maybe most of the Codex can enjoy these newer games and not just the old ones.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The amount of graphical and UI options look great. I'll wait until they've fixed mouse acceleration and weeded out some CTD causes before I buy the game though.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
*scoffs* the game runs well enough on my new GTX 1080 rig. No problemo! Although it's way more taxing than what I expect from the visuals. It looks good and some of the textures are very detailed, but it's not more impressive than something like Doom4, which probably runs at 3x the FPS.
Let's hope DX12 support comes out soon.

I put in 4 hours tonight and I'd play more if I didn't have work tomorrow. I've mostly just been chillin in Prague, hacking computers and stealing people's shit. Focusing on side-missions - they're fun. High quality V/A and some nice tunes. Good atmosphere. Lovely familiar Deus Ex/Dishonored/Bloodlines "city hub" sort of feeling.
I like the retroesque grid inventory, and, at least in the beginning, limited amount of ammo.

The game requires quite a bit of fiddling with the options for the game to feel "right". Both graphics options and gameplay options.
For graphics I've turned off all blurs, blooms, and DoF. I've increased the FoV to 85%. The rest is maxed out or turned on, except the msaa which I've only put at 2x (putting it higher completely destroys my computer - must be a bug).
For gameplay, I've only turned off "usable object highlighting". It's very intrusive IMO and doesn't serve any purpose. The rest I've left on.

So, yeah, highly enjoyable. I agree with reviews saying it's basically like the previous nu-Deus Ex, but better.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Good to hear, but that's not what a lot of the reviews are saying. :P
"better in every way, but the story is worse" is what I've been hearing. Can't say I've scoured the internet for mass media input though.
I don't think the story is worse, by the way. Not what I've experienced so far.

Last edited:

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space

Obviously. Or maybe most of the Codex can enjoy these newer games and not just the old ones.

There are tons of new crpgs. The fact that most of this site's users gravitate towards and buy and play the shit out of console games and not crpgs is telling. It doesn't matter if and how much they bash them. All that matters is how excited for the game console games they are and how much they play them.

Renegen

Arcane
So the negative reviews say that the Assault and Tactical packs offer a SINGLE USE ammo configuration for a single playthrough, lel.

For only €4.99 you can get access to TWO frag grenades. Yes, TWO frag grenades!! On top of that you also get TWO regular battle rifle ammo and one pack of armour piercing ammo! Amazing what kind of quality we can get these days.

Ash

Arcane
1,239 reviews already? People are more trigger happy than I was the other day, goddamn. Oh well, it IS popamole, just like HR, and that's all that one needs to know.

Also NuWorms, I may look that over.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
HR was alright for what it was, this probably is too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom