Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo released on GOG

Dux

Arcane
For new players, my recommendation would be to try the base game un-modded for one playthrough and then move on to some of the modernised versions. Why? Because no game is worth doing physical harm to yourself. The original Diablo is a click-fest without equal and can fuck up your wrist if you're not careful.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Can these be modded or are you stuck with vanilla flavored diablo and crew?

Why hello there low res beauties... you look delicious.

Succubus_%28Diablo_I%29.gif
Snow_Witch_%28Diablo_I%29.gif
Soul_Burner_%28Diablo_I%29.gif
Hell_Spawn_%28Diablo_I%29.gif

Mind if I have a taste? Hmmmm??
creature.gif

Ooh fiesty eh?
latest

That's right... submit to fun time.

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
I cannot remember, what is happening when my character dies in Diablo1?
I have to load a saved game?
Or respawned in town then I can go back for the lost items?
:i am confused:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Gotta say that I hated Diablo back when I played it on Playstation almost 20 years ago; I found it mind numbing and grindy as hell
But today on a whim I installed the GOG version and I rather enjoyed it fpr what it is... mindless clicking and looting is almost soothing
Do the Hi Res packs work with the GOG version too?

blessedCoffee

c3RyYWl0amFja2V0cyBmb3IgaW50ZXJuZXQgdXNlcnM=
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Gotta say that I hated Diablo back when I played it on Playstation almost 20 years ago; I found it mind numbing and grindy as hell
But today on a whim I installed the GOG version and I rather enjoyed it fpr what it is... mindless clicking and looting is almost soothing
I'm not a fan of the Blizzard classics ported to PlayStation 1.

When I checked Warcraft II in the console, years ago - and I had already played it in a computer, so I ended up comparing both - I was horrified by the abysmal MS-DOS port!
It was so crappy, I didn't even play any human mission, in the campaign.
I was glad to remove the save file, from the memory card, afterwards.

It's true that Diablo for the PlayStation 1 has local co-op (unlike the original), but I'd rather play in the computer.
You can't play Hellfire, or mod the game, in the console.

Generic-Giant-Spider

That was pretty good, but I'd not have shown Diablo at the end. Just have Lazarus kneel to an altar with some creepy demonic figurehead and go from there.

tritosine2k

Erudite
That was pretty good, but I'd not have shown Diablo at the end. Just have Lazarus kneel to an altar with some creepy demonic figurehead and go from there.

It was obvious halfway this won't be an "Astartes" ,so closed it, picking low hanging fruit in graphics/rendering is a two edged sword and if it's abused to churn out stuff thats not a net positive. Obviously the "recreator" has issues with delicate matter that glows, like the glow of skin .

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom