Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

_

a cut of domestic sheep prime

At the end of page one, you can see a D2 rolling option. I used this to break the tie before Lambchop changed his selection but the result was the same in either case. The Brazilian Slaughter, you sent the last 40,000 survivors to three worlds, which is why Crom got 13,000. This time around, we're sending ten SG teams to Crom for scouting.

Day 55

"It's Mad Max out there." Tech Sergeant Leonard flipped on the surveillance camera.

Outside the base entry tunnel, a great swelling throng waved weapons and chanted. In scraps and rags, lugging bags and shopping carts, a mob numbering in the tens of thousands screamed hoarsely. Hundreds of trucks and sedans heaped along the road. Men with rifles and shotguns made obscene gestures at the door. The camera conveyed no sound.

"They marched up here from the south." The sergeant continued. "They're convinced we've stockpiled provisions. They know about the other survivors who came here before. They think we killed them to hoard all the food for ourselves. They're demanding we re-provision them."

"How many are we looking at?" Wellesy asked.

"I'd say about 70,000, sir."

Wellesy wondered whether it would be possible to outlast the mob. They would run out of water in less than a day. Then they would have to move west into the mountains, unless they had sufficient organization to send some of their number to bring back water. It would be foul stuff, contaminated with chemicals and radioactive particles, but still better than death by thirst. He could try to move them through the stargate, but they were already suspicious. Besides, the SGC was currently shipping its own stockpiles to the Alpha Site to stave off starvation there. The 13,000 in the Land of Light were having trouble with the natives and the Savannah gate remained buried.

"Sir..." Sergeant Leonard pointed to the screen.

A truck towed up a large artillery piece. The mob began chalking it to point towards the entrance of the SGC. Others began unloading shells. It was an M777 Howitzer.

size0.jpg

---​

1) Seal the doors and prepare to defend.
2) Order a preemptive strike before the mob is ready, clearing the area with machine gun fire.
3) Attempt to speak with the mob, offering supplies (which you don't really have in sufficient amounts.)
4) Offer relocation on Crom.
5) Offer relocation on 'Paradise' World Z9X-0001.
6) Send them to Goa'uld slave world M3X-502 (from post #2).
7) Pile 'em up in the Land of Light.
2 > 5 - They brought a gun and now this is a gunfight. I don't trust them inside the base, not when they are this militant. They don't trust us. They'll take the base if we let them in. But I will join the 5 mob as my second choice, as it's the most likely to work...unless whatever is there eats the first party we send.

This is the fault of everyone who decided to broadcast our location. Wtf was the point of that?

Edited my vote from 5>1 to 5>2

I swore that 1 was the pre-emptive attack.

Still open to being convinced to attack first.

I honestly think a pre-emptive attack is better than bunkering down. Because of the gun. The gun may be strong enough to blow our blast doors. Otherwise, we could just tell them to fuck off and laugh while they pointlessely try to open our nuke-proof blast-door. 70,000 people is a LOT of people, even assuming only 5,000 or 10,000 charge us, that's still a fuckload of people that we will fighting in huge mobs in enclosed spaces.

unless whatever is there eats the first party we send.

Yeah the big question is "will they hear us?" Because all we need is to have a few volunteers get inside, enter the stargate, talk to the other refugees, and they will know we're on the up and up.
Also, I think this group includes former military personnel - a bunch of civvies would't have been able to figure out they need the gun and how to get it to work.

This is the fault of everyone who decided to broadcast our location. Wtf was the point of that?

Getting more manpower? We ain't gonna beat the System Lords and claim worlds with a few hundred dudes.
Sure we could just say fuck it and just recruit the primitives around the galaxy, but that's not as good as getting bonafide fellow Tau'ri.

Getting more manpower?
Quality, not quantity should have been our objective. We could have rescued people and we did, but we didn't need to broadcast our location to every pack of hungry niggers in Colorado to do it.
We ain't gonna beat the System Lords and claim worlds with a few hundred dudes.
The Tokra have been fighting the System Lords for thousands of years with only a few hundred dudes.

Surgical strikes and forming armies out of liberated planets should have been our objective.

Recruiting farmers etc is fine, but we didn't need 70k people who just want free food.
Also, I think this group includes former military personnel - a bunch of civvies would't have been able to figure out they need the gun and how to get it to work.
Which only makes them more dangerous. It's also possible they could have stolen the gun from a nearby base and barely worked out how to use it, but that seems unlikely.

Still open to being convinced to attack first.
The fact that every moment we don't close the door or take them out is a moment they can shoot into it? The fact that you want to let 70k hostiles into the base? How is that not enough?

2) Refuse

If we wanted to kill them, we would't have told them a thing, just shot them up and taken the gun.

To be fair to them, they're not entirely wrong. You can totally use the gate like that. But we won't.

Taking the gate out is a bad idea, even if we can get it to work, it might be absent when we need it.

Can't we set up some video feed for them? The gate can't work outside the base, no dialling device. Needs the whole chevron locking thingamajig.

Seems like the best choice.
We can also tell them to go to our other planets and meet fellow refugees.

2) refuse - and preferably neutralize the howitzer, though it's probably too late.

you've fubar'd it, men.

if the general can't put on his best radio pokerface or the main door doesn't hold, I have a feeling that we're going to need a rollback.

Last edited by a moderator:
2) refuse - and preferably neutralize the howitzer, though it's probably too late.

you've fubar'd it, men.

if the general can't put on his best radio pokerface or the main door doesn't hold, I have a feeling that we're going to need a rollback.

Will we? I think they're divided, which is why they're asking us to put the gate outside. I suspect some of them will believe us and others won't.

Honestly, all we really need to do is show one of us going into the gate without fear, and then coming back. I mean, I know its 1998, but surely a military base must have cameras, a tape player and a TV around or something like that.

Honestly, all we really need to do is show one of us going into the gate without fear, and then coming back. I mean, I know its 1998, but surely a military base must have cameras, a tape player and a TV around or something like that.
Of course they do, they have the fucking MALPs. The footage from them should be taped unless they have some awesome military secret HDDs.
Read the choice. It says video won't prove anything because it may be fake.
EDIT: They would just believe video footage was edited.

Hellraiser

Arcane
2C UAVs with missiles

If they don't shit themselves from Shock and Awe I don't know what will. The savages are likely to either mistake this for the return of snakeheads (it is their style) or other superstitious nonsense. With luck they might start worshipping us as gods, preferable to the shit show so far.

Also one of my favourite scenes in SG-1 was when they sent a guided missile at Jaffa through a gate.

Last edited:

2c. There may be some collateral. Hopefully not O'Neill.

Told you we should have taken out the howitzer. Being a general takes balls. You men need balls.

MercantileInterest, I hope we've sealed the secret entrance with the ladder in the well. The one they climbed in and out of a few times, starting with the black hole episode iirc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom