Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E3 2019 - Official Codex Thread - June 6th to 13th - Press Conferences, Trailers and Interviews

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

Looks good for a Skyrim Mod.

But seriously now. For a indie team it seems competent enough. If the gameplay and levels are any good then
incline.png
I guess...

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
EA Play E3 2019 Press Conference With Post Show Livestream is ON! :)

I don't know why I'm watching this cause I don't think I will ever buy another EA game. Hope or Stupidity? Both!?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The actual show doesn't start for another 30 minutes.

Doesn't look like there's going to be anything interesting except the Jedi Fallen Order trailer.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
EA is kind enough to make sure that I don't need to watch the show:

Here’s the schedule for the live streams (all times PDT):
  • 9:15 am: Countdown to EA PLAY
  • 9:30am: Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order™
    • Hosted by online personality Greg Miller
  • 10:00am: Apex Legends
    • Hosted by commentator Alex “Goldenboy” Mendez
  • 10:30am: Battlefield V
    • Hosted by online personality Julia Hardy and EA’s Adam Freeman
  • 11:00am: EA SPORTS FIFA
    • Hosted by Alex “Goldenboy” Mendez
  • 11:30am: EA SPORTS Madden NFL
    • Hosted by NFL Network’s Adam Rank
  • 12:00pm: The Sims 4
    • Hosted by Greg Miller

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yep, E3 has become THE MICROSOFT SHOW (plus new Ubisoft open world game and one or two cool games at PC Gaming Show). It was already heading that way last year but Sony's absence really drives it home.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Nice of EA to list what they're taking about and when. So I can tune out after Fallen Order.

Quillon

Arcane
Nice of EA to list what they're taking about and when. So I can tune out after Fallen Order.

Are you crazy? Woncha wait for Sims 4's 29th expansion? The greatest freeform RPG where anything's possible will just get better, yo!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
LOL, is this really EA's E3 lineup? XD Ok, Jedi Fallen Order is a new game. But Fifa, Madden, a new pet reveal (are you fucking kidding me) for Sims 4, a new weapon and character for Apex Legends and a new map for Battlefield? The biggest gaming event of the year, and this is what they bring? Any retards who is paying for EA and keeps this company afloat can go and fuck themselves.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
LOL, is this really EA's E3 lineup? XD Ok, Jedi Fallen Order is a new game. But Fifa, Madden, a new pet reveal (are you fucking kidding me) for Sims 4, a new weapon and character for Apex Legends and a new map for Battlefield? The biggest gaming event of the year, and this is what they bring? Any retards who is paying for EA and keeps this company afloat can go and fuck themselves.

Add one cringe presenter.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Add one cringe presenter.
I'm not joking, I actually feel a bit of sickness right now, just watching this cringy presentation. I might throw up.

And all that forced applause. And when they don't clap, the presenter asks them to applaud. "Yeah, come on, everybody COME ON".

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
You know what, I'm sure we could pick this Jedi Fallen Order gameplay apart, but I'm just glad that we are getting a single player game in Star Wars, and they clearly put effort in this, even if in a popamole kind of way. I'm in EA, I'm in. They say the combat system is free-form, not pre-scripted. If it's true, then this might be a good for what it is game.

And that's the presentation for me, I'm not interested in anything else.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I have a strange feeling that EA is truly hating its own customers.

On the contrary I think they know their audience perfectly well. Throw a bone to the sports crowd and they're all over the latest yearly installment. It's everyone else you have to sell with actual reveals and trailers.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
This conference is a meme treasure. All presenters are yelling, forced excitement and bad cosplays :)

TL;DR: APEX LEGENDS IS DEAD! :) Fortnite is safe.

Edit: For extra lulz - https://www.twitch.tv/dansgaming

Edit 2: I'm out.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

If the future (or the present?) is long-lasting service games companies won't really have anything to show at these events other than new DLC for said services. That'll kill E3 quicker than anything else, probably.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The star wars gameplay is fucking appalling... Main character looks like a cunt, the animations feel slow and clunky, the light saber combat looks way worse than any of the jedi games, wall running that looks recycled from titanfall but somehow worse?

Codex Year of the Donut
jedi game looks pretty ok
despite having no interest in playing the game, the apex legends trailer is pretty well done

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom