Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E3 2019 - Official Codex Thread - June 6th to 13th - Press Conferences, Trailers and Interviews

lightbane

Arcane
The star wars gameplay is fucking appalling... Main character looks like a cunt, the animations feel slow and clunky, the light saber combat looks way worse than any of the jedi games, wall running that looks recycled from titanfall but somehow worse?

More like it's a mishmash of everything: The movement animations reminds me of Prince of Persia games, there's a small robot helper like Jax and Daxter and Ratchet & Clank games, said robot also functions as a health indicator like Dead Space, there are these silly "collectible recordings" from like every new Ubisoft game ever, the combat has elements of Dark Souls (complete with quick healing potio- I mean injections), the skill point system reminds me of Nu-Tomb Raider, etc.

At least the Stormtroopers' accuracy is still faithful to the source (aka horrible). The saber combat should be more lethal, I doubt we'll have decapitations and limb removals due age ratings, but these things are supposed to be way deadlier than a guy with an electro-shock staff.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The saber combat should be more lethal, I doubt we'll have decapitations and limb removals due age ratings, but these things are supposed to be way deadlier than a guy with an electro-shock staff.
Storm troopers are killed with one hit, you can't be more deadlier than that.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Only good trailer is Destroy all humans vid. Rammstein ftw.

Jedi gameplay was like a lame mod of Tomb Raider but rated for kids. Where the fuck is dismemberment? Why dont those big ass spiders explode into disgusting mess or some shit? Could be fun, but it looks slow and not smooth enough.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Only good trailer is Destroy all humans vid. Rammstein ftw.

Jedi gameplay was like a lame mod of Tomb Raider but rated for kids. Where the fuck is dismemberment? Why dont those big ass spiders explode into disgusting mess or some shit? Could be fun, but it looks slow and not smooth enough.

Read the memo. There is no dismemberment.

Thoughts on EA Play:

Congrats EA on this being one of the worst formats for conferences I've ever seen. Someone managed to be worse in terms of format than last year, and with no announcements of new games.

I enjoyed the gameplay of Jedi Fallen Order, and I'm a big fan of Apex, so I also enjoyed the revelations about Season 2. However, about the conference in general, with all the talk and the actual trailers and content being spread so thin over 3 or 4 hours is just dumb. I just left after Apex, like what's even the point. Sports games? Lol. FIFA Switch version being a Legacy version? Fuck that.

And in the Apex Legends segment we actually didn't learn anything new about the Battle Pass. All the information that the dev was talking about had already been announced in a blog post by Respawn. Why do both, undermining the conference? Why not wait until E3 to reveal what the BP is going to be, so people get a little more excited about it?

The other Apex content was cool to see as well, but it didn't deserve a 30 minute talk. Just show a 3 minute trailer, or a 5 minute more in-depth thing if you wanted to get into more details about Wattson or the new gun. Those looked really cool, but they're relatively minor things, not earth-shattering announcements like you make it out to be. And there is a map change coming, there was a teaser with what appears to be a big monster, but that was it.

In general, extremely underwhelming presentation from EA, not like that's something new. Always the worst way possible to start E3, although this year we kinda had another conference starting E3, with Google Stadia. That somehow managed to be more interesting than this fucking garbage.

However, not all was bad, did love what they showed of Star Wars. Gonna watch out for the business model they use for this game, when we have more info about it, and then decide on my purchase.

Enviado do meu SM-N960F através do Tapatalk

Enviado do meu SM-N960F através do Tapatalk

Reinhardt

Arcane
Fuck EA, fuck E3.
I have zero interest in star wars and evel less interest in ea star wars and now suddenly all my jewtube is full of it. WHY? I never clicked on this shit in my life. I can understand trailer or some other mention mixed with other things, but literal channel EA STAR WARS?

Venser

Erudite
That Star Wars game looks like every other action adventure out there and the fact that it's set in the Star Wars universe for me personally isn't a plus, it's a minus. This E3 I'm looking forward to the Xbox reveal just to see what kind of hardware it will pack, I'm sure I won't be buying it. I'm also interested in the VR conference and the new VR game announcements.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, there are a bunch of games we know are going to appear at E3, but what about unannounced games? What surprises are likely?

New Arkane game?
New Harebrained Schemes game? (BattleTech came out over a year ago!)

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
So, there are a bunch of games we know are going to appear at E3, but what about unannounced games? What surprises are likely?

New Arkane game?
New Harebrained Schemes game? (BattleTech came out over a year ago!)

Arkane is unlikely (unless you count Wolf Youngblood as an Arkane game), but Mikami from Tango Gameworks will be present at the Bethesda presser. Evil Within 3 perhaps?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Well, MS unironically won E3 last year (not like that was difficult) so I'm interested to see if they can do the same this year.

Quillon

Arcane
Xbox' 14 first party games sounds too many to me, wonder if they'll announce any games that are too early in development.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Even recent popamole linear games like the Tomb Raider games offer alot more gameplay than that jedi game, don't see the point, the rumor that this is a rushed job to keep contractual obligations with Disney seem plausible.

Quillon

Arcane
I hated TR, especially the last game, takes the control away from player too often for little cutscenes, am I gonna watch or play the fooking game? ffs. This seems to be the same, enters a room little cutscene plays, then gives control back again...

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Maybe whatever Ghost Story been working on will be revealed. It's been about 5 years since planning at least.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom