Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout: New Vegas : Robot Copulation Confirmed

Annonchinil

Scholar
Have trouble getting into Fallout. I actually find the F3 engine, if not the game, easier to get into than the original.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
tunguska said:
circ said:
This is like arguing that MoTB was an improvement over NWN2. It wasn't.
Is this sarcasm? I hope you aren't actually expecting anyone to agree with you.

Actually, I do.

Gameplay is just as fucked as it is in NWN2.

Have trouble getting into Fallout. I actually find the F3 engine, if not the game, easier to get into than the original.

Why the fuck are you here?

Haters got to hate ...

Oh wait, you're one of those that thinks Fallout 3 was actually a good game... OK, sorry, I'm gonna go try to find someone with a brain instead.

circ

Arcane
tunguska said:
circ said:
No sarcasm intended. It's a piece of shit game no matter which way you slice it. Sorry to have made your balls drop, but it's a harsh world out there.

Multi-headed Cow

tunguska said:
circ said:
I agree with him.

ElectricOtter

Multi-headed Cow said:
tunguska said:
circ said:
I agree with him.
Well, overall I think MoTB was a improvment 'cause the writing was loads better, but if we're just talking about gameplay... yeah, no difference.

Annonchinil

Scholar
Fallout was not a complex game, something like WitP is. As I said I found the original clunky, like having to switch between moving and selecting objects. I found F3, despite all its faults, much 'smoother' experience.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Annonchinil said:
Fallout was not a complex game, something like WitP is. As I said I found the original clunky, like having to switch between moving and selecting objects. I found F3, despite all its faults, much 'smoother' experience.

Obligatory mentioning of a game that you never played in comparison to a game with which it has nothing in common. :thumbsup:

Btw, when did you start playing games?

Annonchinil

Scholar
I played UV. Can't commit to something like WitP fully. And my point was that there is no major 'complexity ceiling' in fallout.

Early to Mid 90s

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Annonchinil said:

What you talking bout negroid? Fallout was very complex serious game for mastermind with great writing great gameplay totally believable setting unsurpassed combat epic story with mindblowing thought provoking moments and also unforgetable characters and professional voice acting and perfect balance and not one useless skill and difficulty that was carefully crafted by love and if it was jazz my friend if it was jazz it would sing and what the fuck is going on. Fallout 3 on the other hand, dumbed down shit popamole, let's get this shit straight

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Srsly. FO3 can't be dumbed down shit made for the sheeple AND harder to get into than FO1. Saying it's easier to get into FO3 is stating the obvious.

Indeed, hence why I asked the reason he's here if Fallout is too difficult for him.

If "having to switch between moving and selecting objects" is that horrible you either shouldn't be playing games or you should hang around TESF.

Many people come to this holy temple iin search of improvement. Like our brother Skyway, who used to enjoy games 3 years ago, until he found us and realized he wasn't having fun at all, he was just fooled into thinking so.

You should help them instead of scaring them away, lest they join the dark armies of Bethesdia.

Annonchinil

Scholar
I consider the interface somewhat clunky. There are other RPG/game engines I prefer to the Fallout one. Thats it. I never said its too difficult, in fact I tried to point out the opposite. Maybe you should try to comprehend what people write instead of being dumbass.

hiver

Annonchinil said:
I consider the interface somewhat clunky. There are other RPG/game engines I prefer to the Fallout one. Thats it. I never said its too difficult, in fact I tried to point out the opposite. Maybe you should try to comprehend what people write instead of being dumbass.
tl;dr

:retarded:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Annonchinil said:

OK, so give me an example of what you consider an RPG with a good interface.

This should be fun.

P.S. We already heard Fallout 3, so something else.

Many people come to this holy temple iin search of improvement. Like our brother Skyway, who used to enjoy games 3 years ago, until he found us and realized he wasn't having fun at all, he was just fooled into thinking so.

You should help them instead of scaring them away, lest they join the dark armies of Bethesdia.

I sense that you are sarcastic.

Annonchinil

Scholar
I would appreciate it that if you reply you answer my argument in full. So I ask you; where did I state that fallout was too difficult for me? Also please explain to me how fallout is so complex that it would not sell? I pointed out a game (WitP) where complexity would be a barrier to sales. But you did not seem to understand my point. I think people would could understand the mechanics of F3 would do fine in Fallout.

Finally, I think the functionality in Fallout is 'ok' by objection was the 'feel' of the interface. It can feel a bit odd.

Clockwork Knight said:
costanzaPopcorn.gif

believe it or not, george isn't at home
please leave a messaaaaaaaaaaaaage at the beep
i must be out
or i'd pick up the phone
where could i be?

believe it or not, i'm not home!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom