Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout: New Vegas : Robot Copulation Confirmed

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Annonchinil said:
Have trouble getting into Fallout. I actually find the F3 engine, if not the game, easier to get into than the original.

Annonchinil

Scholar
Where did I state it was do to the games difficulty? Which is what you keep on talking about saying it was to hard for me.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Annonchinil said:
Where did I state it was do to the games difficulty? Which is what you keep on talking about saying it was to hard for me.

Assuming literacy from FeelTheFags is like assuming the next bioware game's romances will lead to just making out and a little necking. :smug:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Annonchinil said:

FeelTheRads said:
First, you stated the interface was too difficult for you. So difficult in fact you can't get into the game.

Jesus, man, do we have to do this all over again?

You can't get into the game because of the interface and "having to switch between moving and selecting objects".

So, if it wasn't too difficult then what? It was so bad that you had trouble to get into the game? Again, if that's the case then you're either a liar about when you started gaming or you've only played a couple of games in your life.

And again, what was with that totally unrelated post? Don't remember anybody asking you if you thought the Fallout 3 interface is better or there being a discussion on the matter.

Mastermind said:
NWN2 HAZ GOOD ITRAFACE !LOZLOR!"

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
FeelTheRads said:
You can't get into the game because of the interface

Indeed, the idea that someone can't get into a game due to a poorly done omnipresent element is completely ridiculous.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
FeelTheRads said:
A right-click to switch between walking and actions killed Fallout!

Because that's the only thing wrong with the fallout interface.

Anyway, like other games, I got past the atrocious interface to enjoy the redeeming elements, so I'm not saying it "killed" fallout, but I can very much understand why someone doesn't want to deal with a clunky interface to do the same. Unlike you, I am capable of understanding that different people value different things in video games and someone isn't a moron just because they value something I don't or don't value something I do. And fortunately, game companies pretty much ignore what you value, so I have the satisfaction of knowing assholes like you will likely never get to truly enjoy another RPG ever again. :smug:

circ

Arcane
Granted I grew up along far older games than Fallout, but no, there isn't anything wrong with the interface at all. Other than if I recall, the mouse wheel not registering in the first versions and not being able to loot all conveniently. How to empty clips wasn't that obvious at first either. But atrocious? Hardly. More likely you're confused by this crazy STR AGI LCK shit and what the fuck does it mean GIFTED? BIG GUNS WHAT? Now seeing how this is pretty basic RPG stuff, maybe you don't really know what an RPG actually is.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
circ said:
More likely you're confused by this crazy STR AGI LCK shit and

Go eat obese pussy pencil dick. Stats are not interface. I even gave examples of what's wrong with the interface earlier and neither one had anything to do with stats. BTW, stats and skills are in Fallout 3 too, so I don't see how you could honestly think either of us mistook stats for interface, unless FTR's pubes are jammed so far up your eyelid that you can't see straight anymore.

How to empty clips wasn't that obvious at first either.

What do you mean "empty clips"? You mean reload? How wasn't reloading obvious? There's a huge fucking button in the middle of the bottom menu that says "reload" when you need to reload. The only way they could make that any more obvious is if Avellone popped out of the screen and cockdrilled the instructions on your face.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
chickfight1.jpg

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
thesheeep said:
Awor Szurkrarz said:
thesheeep said:
Fallout 1+2 interface was not that bad, but easily the worst part of the games. The right-click menu (was it right-click?) is weird and was back then.
So, what would you replace it with?

A better right-click menu. Seriously.
If I remember correctly, it was not even case sensitive. Case sensitivity IMHO is a must for a right-click menu.
Also, even if I'm wrong about case sensitivity in F1+2, you could not access everything from that menu.
My favourite right-click menus are in ToEE and NWN.
It was case sensitive. You get examine/use/talk as a default, depending on object. Right click is good, because usable stuff and descriptions don't interfere with walking. Also, I didn't find ToEE menu comfortable to use. Stuff like having to hover over a small part of a wheel to open a tiny tab is much less comfortable for me than simply pressing s and choosing a skill from a big menu or pressing a hotkey.

thesheeep said:
Awor Szurkrarz said:
Pressing 1-8 is more complicated than necessary? How so?
I'm not talking about hotkeys. Hotkeys always work. Well, in most cases anyway.
But hotkeys should never be the solution to a bad system.
A good solution would be, for example, including skill selection in right-click menus.
Hotkeys are easy and fast to use and there's nothing else to do with the keyboard hand when playing - skill selection in right click menus usually involves opening submenus. Personally, I have found submenus in ToEE much less handy than in Fallout and not stable enough.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Dormir Con Las Arañas said:
Fallout 3's console-to-PC interface is easily worse.

"Console" pretty much sums up fallout 1's interface too, because it looks like it was made to run on a 19 inch crt tv hooked up to a super nintendo. Fallout 3 attempted to replicate the asinine "style over functionality" of fallout 1, except fallout 3 has the decency to show more than 6 items at a time which makes it better by default.

Delirius

Liturgist
VentilatorOfDoom said:
chainsaws

VentilatorOfDoom said:
dismemberment, blood spray, and blood trails

VentilatorOfDoom said:
collar bomb around a slave-woman's neck

VentilatorOfDoom said:
blood and gore

VentilatorOfDoom said:
prostitutes

VentilatorOfDoom said:
sexual activity with a robot

VentilatorOfDoom said:
degenerate, drug-addicted killers.

This gave me a huge fucking boner. :x

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Mastermind said:
Dormir Con Las Arañas said:
Fallout 3's console-to-PC interface is easily worse.

"Console" pretty much sums up fallout 1's interface too, because it looks like it was made to run on a 19 inch crt tv hooked up to a super nintendo. Fallout 3 attempted to replicate the asinine "style over functionality" of fallout 1, except fallout 3 has the decency to show more than 6 items at a time which makes it better by default.

loligee.png

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Delirius said:
VentilatorOfDoom said:
chainsaws

VentilatorOfDoom said:

VentilatorOfDoom said:

VentilatorOfDoom said:
blood and gore

VentilatorOfDoom said:
prostitutes

VentilatorOfDoom said:

VentilatorOfDoom said:

Me too. From the sound of it, it's almost like a Bioware game. :smug:

circ

Arcane
Mastermind said:
Go eat obese pussy pencil dick. Stats are not interface. I even gave examples of what's wrong with the interface earlier and neither one had anything to do with stats. BTW, stats and skills are in Fallout 3 too, so I don't see how you could honestly think either of us mistook stats for interface, unless FTR's pubes are jammed so far up your eyelid that you can't see straight anymore.
Well it has to be stats because how anyone could find the interface confusing is beyond me. And yes, FO3 had stats, but it was conveniently all explained by a childrens book. Something right up your alley?

What do you mean "empty clips"? You mean reload? How wasn't reloading obvious? There's a huge fucking button in the middle of the bottom menu that says "reload" when you need to reload. The only way they could make that any more obvious is if Avellone popped out of the screen and cockdrilled the instructions on your face.
By empty clips I mean, eject a cartridge or clip from a weapon. Not reload. It wasn't unusual at some points to run out of ammo, so you got shitty weapons and grabbed the ammo from them.

Delirius

Liturgist
Mastermind said:
Delirius said:
VentilatorOfDoom said:
chainsaws

VentilatorOfDoom said:

VentilatorOfDoom said:

VentilatorOfDoom said:
blood and gore

VentilatorOfDoom said:
prostitutes

VentilatorOfDoom said:

VentilatorOfDoom said:

What the fuck are you talking about? There are no
VentilatorOfDoom said:
chainsaws
in Bioware games. Yet you still would get a boner to their game? Go fuck yourself you sick fuck.

You need help.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
circ said:
Well it has to be stats because how anyone could find the interface confusing is beyond me.

I never said it was confusing. I said it was shit. There's a difference.

And yes, FO3 had stats, but it was conveniently all explained by a childrens book. Something right up your alley?

And Fallout 1 told you what they did if you clicked on them.

By empty clips I mean, eject a cartridge or clip from a weapon. Not reload. It wasn't unusual at some points to run out of ammo, so you got shitty weapons and grabbed the ammo from them.

Oh. I wouldn't know then, I don't remember ever running out of ammo. Quite the opposite, I'd run out of inventory space because of it.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
In Fallout 3:

• - you can only see 4 lines of PC responses in dialogues which mean a lot of unnecessary scrolling,

- hotkeys are completely unintuitive. Average RPG player would assume that pressing I takes you to the inventory screen while C - to character screen. Wrong! there's only one key for Pip-Boy (Tab) which opens the most recently used screen so you need another click to get to the part of the interface you are interested in...

- ...and then you need to search for the correct option again because while all the info about the character's stats originals were covered on one screen (plus a small tab that switched between perks and less important info that isn't available in Fo3 anyway), in Fallout 3 five separate screens are needed,

- interface doesn't respond correctly to the mouse cursor in VATS mode,

- one can't review the current dialogue,

- automapping feature is broken by not taking in account that some locations consist of multiple floors. In effect, you can see all the levels of terrain overlapped on map (i.e. you can't see shit),

- there's no option to push a character that is blocking your way.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Bet they're just referring to the Ripper, real chainsaws would be sweet but I'm not holding my breath.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Delirius said:
Mastermind said:
Delirius said:
VentilatorOfDoom said:
chainsaws

VentilatorOfDoom said:

VentilatorOfDoom said:

VentilatorOfDoom said:
blood and gore

VentilatorOfDoom said:
prostitutes

VentilatorOfDoom said:

VentilatorOfDoom said:

What the fuck are you talking about? There are no
VentilatorOfDoom said:
chainsaws
in Bioware games. Yet you still would get a boner to their game? Go fuck yourself you sick fuck.

You need help.

You are tragically mistaken sir.

hawke.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom