Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

For Honor

Mustawd

Dexter

Arcane
You can get the game for FREE (and keep it forever) until Next Monday on UPlay.

They are also apparently releasing some "DLC" and another faction with the Chinese:

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Can someone explain me the point of always online in terms of why a dev would want to do that? Seems like a whole lot of hassle and risk for little reward.
Piracy.

Samething for Crew and Diablo 3. Both games can be completely played without bothering with any other individual. I recommend getting Diablo 3 on consoles. Crew is screwed, hopefully they will patch in an offline mode before they decide to close the servers.

Silva

Arcane
So I've decided to give this another chance since the disappointing launch and, woah, this game rocks, bros. Don't let the popamole AAA presentation fool you, this is one of the best fighting games ever. The roster is really big at this time with lots of different characters each with their own distinct style that are pretty balanced between themselves.

I'm trying my hand at this new(ish) Samurai Jack guy and having a blast. I've just reached the point where I'm comfortable with most of his moveset and I'm beginning the advanced stage where... wait for it.. the MIND GAMES begin. Yeah, the feints and counters and the counter-feints and feinter-counters, the game feels like chess at this point. It's a great sensation really.

Kudos for Ubi for persevering with this dead horse and turning it into a fucking stallion. I admit I never believe this would happen.

Silva

Arcane
By the way, here is the guy I've learned the Ronin moves from. He is awesome:

P.S: I'm on the PS4 btw, which appears to have a more offensive meta than the PC due to its 30fps cap that makes some light attacks too fast to react to. Interesting.

Last edited:

Silva

Arcane
Can people block Oroshi light attacks on PC? Because on PS4 it's hard as fuck. The rare time I do it is purely on guessing, if I wait the red indicator it's too late. The exception is Aramusha with his full block.

Oh, and Gerrard go fuck yourself before I forget.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Can people block Oroshi light attacks on PC? Because on PS4 it's hard as fuck. The rare time I do it is purely on guessing, if I wait the red indicator it's too late. The exception is Aramusha with his full block.

Oh, and Gerrard go fuck yourself before I forget.
Yeah it's easier to block his light spam on PC thanks to 60FPS. I main Valkyrie just to abuse full stance block to counter that little fag.

Silva

Arcane
I've read Aramusha was one of the weakest characters but now I'm trying Shinobi and finding it weaker than Musha. He only got kicks, and his attacks are weak as fuck. It seems I must hard to drain opponents life bars, while Musha killed people easier.

Musha can just light spam, but if you're up against someone who knows what they're doing it won't do anything in a 1v1. Shinboi has a few decent tools, like the kick and how slippery he is. It takes a lot longer to kill someone, but he's got a fairly safe offensive moveset countered by the fact that Shinboi also has the lowest health in the game.

Silva

Arcane
Musha can just light spam, but if you're up against someone who knows what they're doing it won't do anything in a 1v1.
"Just" light spam? That shit is cancer on console. And considering Musha also does it while feinting, it gets effective as fuck. I even feel bad using Musha because of this. (but the worst is Orochi, whoever uses him should take a beating in real life only with fast slaps in the face to taste his own remedy).

By the way, what's the most fair/honored/non-cheese fighter right now?

Shinobi has a few decent tools, like the kick and how slippery he is. It takes a lot longer to kill someone, but he's got a fairly safe offensive moveset countered by the fact that Shinobi also has the lowest health in the game.
Maybe my problem is that I'm a noob really? Won with Musha due to his semi-cheat light spams, but Shinobi seem to require real fundamentals like parrying and baiting (can't do neither consistently). Also, his deflects are hard as fuck.

"Just" light spam? That shit is cancer on console. And considering Musha also does it while feinting, it gets effective as fuck. I even feel bad using Musha because of this. (but the worst is Orochi, whoever uses him should take a beating in real life only with fast slaps in the face to taste his own remedy).
I do play on PC so that's probably a major distinction there. Ubisoft never should've released the game at 30 FPS on consoles. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the source of a lot of the balancing woes. Can't buff Aramusha because he'll roflstomp on console, can't leave him where he is because he's bottom 3 on PC. Hopefully a bit of practice with prediction and understanding his patterns will help you with beating him, but he's annoying on PC. Just easy to kill.

By the way, what's the most fair/honored/non-cheese fighter right now?
Oof. That's a tough question. Nobushi is hard to complain about. Raider has some really frustrating out-of-stamina tricks, but I think he's in a fairly middle-of-the-road type of spot. Kensei is highly regarded in the community, afaik, as being the best example of a balanced hero but I really dislike him. It takes zero skill to just soft-feint everything since half his kit can be feinted into six different moves or some insane crap like that. It's less skill based and more button mashing. That being said, I'm on the low end of serious players (Platinum, iirc, in ranked), so if you're looking for less my opinion and more the widely accepted one, then Kensei is definitely the answer.

Warlord might be my personal pick. His bash move gives him a little damage but is more to keep the other player off-balance, he's fairly technical, and most of his really dangerous moves require significant skill to pull off. I typically play Valkyrie, or at least I used to. The rework changed her from being "awful" to "sorta mediocre" but it also made her incredibly reliant on shieldbash spam.

Maybe my problem is that I'm a noob really? Won with Musha due to his semi-cheat light spams, but Shinobi seem to require real fundamentals like parrying and baiting (can't do neither consistently). Also, his deflects are hard as fuck.
Yeah, Shinboi does require a pretty serious grasp of the core fundamentals, and deflecting is incredibly difficult across the board and requires a strong understanding of the exact timing of the character you're up against. Or, alternatively, you can just dodge around like a retard and then occasionally throw out a kick to get in the two free lights before backdashing out of the way. Like a bitch.

Gerrard

Arcane
8QJZdHR.png

Dat player retention.

The game has a great concept, fairly easy-to-pick-up controls, a high skill ceiling, and horrible devs with absolutely zero idea of how to even *attempt* to balance their game. It's arguable that there's nothing on the market similar enough to provide a road map for how to handle this, but at a minimum, Ubisoft could pull from other successful competitive (or even semi-competitive) games. Rapid patches, constant testing, small tweaks. Instead, they wait months to put through massive reworks that are almost always completely broken. The character is suddenly either a monster or useless.

In general, Ubisoft is an incredibly frustrating company to follow. They have great, creative ideas and some really cool franchise concepts mixed with corporate greed (and the obligatory invasive microtransactions) and a shocking lack of basic competency.

Quick Edit: All that to say, yeah, it's not surprising the game has low player retention. You have to be sadistic to put up with the horrifically bad balancing and retarded developers.

Silva

Arcane

Im liking Marching Fire BTW. Breach is the most strategic mode yet, and the Chinese are sick. Found the gfx "upgrade" a mixed bag though, better in some areas and worst in others.

Oh, and they nerfed my boy Aramusha again. Why, Ubi ? :argh:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Is this thing still alive?

PVFiwX5.png

Is it worth looking for on steam sales?

The combat is excellent.
Really one of the best ones out there.
I rank it on the same level as Severance and Nioh.

But it's multiplayer only.
There's few maps and even worse, few game modes.
Like all competitive multiplayer hero games, expect to waste several hours grinding for characters
And to top it off it's from Ubisoft. So sometimes you'll have connection problems and worse Ubishit bullshit PC policy - say nigger, faggot or retard and you get a ban, do enough shitposting and you'll be perma banned.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
WAY more active than Tekken 7. And what's it about grind? Isn't this shit like a third person fighting game? Are there like permanent advantages you can grind/buy like more HP/dmg or anything else that would make it p2w/g2w?

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Are there like permanent advantages you can grind/buy like more HP/dmg or anything else that would make it p2w/g2w?

No.
No the game isn't pay to win.
You can waste money to get the digital money. But the digital money you gain by grinding
The things you can buy are cosmethics, death/execution/emote animations and most importantly of all Heroes.
You see when you first start the game you have only 3 Hero (Playable Characters), you must unlock the remaining ones with the digital currency.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Ty, but from what little I found there is simply no HUE community playing this game, so it's gonna be impossible for me to get a match with playable ping. Eh...

EDIT: Well, I did find some YT videos, but like...the guy with the biggest channel has 10k subs and his vidz barely hit 1k views so...it's gonna be Tekken 7 all over again =/

Last edited:

sullynathan

Arcane
Ty, but from what little I found there is simply no HUE community playing this game, so it's gonna be impossible for me to get a match with playable ping. Eh...

EDIT: Well, I did find some YT videos, but like...the guy with the biggest channel has 10k subs and his vidz barely hit 1k views so...it's gonna be Tekken 7 all over again =/
Are you playing tekken on pc or console?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom