Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GoodOldDownloads shut down...

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
RIP best fucking website to ever exist.

Farewell, Even Gods Must Die
Why We Started
We looked at other popular game piracy sites and discovered they were all filled with dozens of tracking scripts, infuriating ads (sometimes viruses) and mainly existed for the sole purpose of making money.

In response, we created a website without any of those things and improvements; it was easy to download files, a clean design, and dead links became a thing of the past with the voting system where you could vote to have games re-uploaded automatically. Best of all, almost everything was automated so you didn't have to rely on some person at their computer to upload files!

Which brings us to...

Shutting Down
Rival sites started to target us by making threats and claiming they have reported us to anti-piracy corporations. We also want to move on with our lives and enjoy other things without the constant fear of legal action breathing down our necks.

What Is Being Lost
We were the premier source for any new content from GOG.com and bought everything we could with our own hard-earned cash.

A HUGE THANK YOU to anyone that previously donated! All your donations were always used to help acquire new games.

What We Are Leaving Behind
The source code for all our sites is being released under GPLv3.
https://github.com/Good-Old-Downloads

Feel free to fork and improve the project; we have been working on this almost every day for nearly 2 years.

One More Thing...
No, it is not another game we are sharing unfortunately.

We decided to have some friends investigate the website security of other gaming piracy sites. They have given us permission to publish the synopsis of their findings on two websites.
You can download the report by clicking here.

This website used to purchase GOG games and then post the setup.bin files for download by anyone. Yes, as incredible/amazing/unbelievable as that sounds. And it worked 100% for 2 whole years.

But even death may die...

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I guess IGG was the ones threatening them, which is why they posted the doxx? I should hope so, if not that seems unwarranted.

Son of a bitch. I didn't care about their modern game GoG downloads, but I loved them for scooping up old shit on occasion which is usually a bit harder to find than the new crap anyway. That's a real bummer, hopefully some other GoG-piracy place shows up. :salute:

Unwanted

Soulstones

Unwanted
We looked at other popular game piracy sites and discovered they were all filled with dozens of tracking scripts, infuriating ads (sometimes viruses)
Is this why they ran a Monero mining script for while? ...
Just joking, was a clean site with great speeds on public 1click hosters with traffic that didnt earn them shit.
Sadly, the viets wont get handled, too small a fish.

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
There is a particular russian torrent tracker with a good collection of GOG installers. RUssian tracker, if you know what I mean...

flyingjohn

Arcane
As long as they don't touch nutcracker,that site has the largest collection of war games available.
Even some obscure indie wargames can be found there.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Considering there would be likely quite a bit of personal info discussion, shouldn't we move this thread to more protected parts of this forum?
Alternatively thread about DRM is bad discussion is there already, it just needs to change title to goodold(drama)downloads down - Merc flamed runs away streaming. Then again that thread is rather clean and talks about why DRM is bad and some companies are arseholes. Properly inflated internet bitching could expand it by 100 pages of incoherent babbling.

Anyway. I kinda wonder who collected that personal info first, if Merc friends, or IGG person.
Perhaps it's just because I studied to be judge ages ago. But for me it seems like someone put a tinny bell between them, rang the tinny bell, then withdraw the tinny bell just in time after they jumped and they bit each other into face. Followed by a large brawl on the ground.

Goi~Yaas~Dinn

Savant
Considering there would be likely quite a bit of personal info discussion, shouldn't we move this thread to more protected parts of this forum?
Alternatively thread about DRM is bad discussion is there already, it just needs to change title to goodold(drama)downloads down - Merc flamed runs away streaming. Then again that thread is rather clean and talks about why DRM is bad and some companies are arseholes. Properly inflated internet bitching could expand it by 100 pages of incoherent babbling.

Anyway. I kinda wonder who collected that personal info first, if Merc friends, or IGG person.
Perhaps it's just because I studied to be judge ages ago. But for me it seems like someone put a tinny bell between them, rang the tinny bell, then withdraw the tinny bell just in time after they jumped and they bit each other into face. Followed by a large brawl on the ground.
Please don't take this the wrong way, but...Is English your second language?

Goi~Yaas~Dinn

Savant
meh. i buy most of my games. rather support gog tbh.
At first I felt this way, too. But GOG is actually really fucking sloppy with their customer support and games configuration. They also lock everything behind Windows-only installers, which is an even bigger pain in the ass (Machead here). The only time they provide raw files is if they think a game is multiplatform. Maybe they've changed in the last five years since I stopped using 'em, but those points alone were enough to pirate the high holy shit out of anything and everything they released.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom