Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire now has a Wikipedia article!

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Who the fuck is that Alex Meer guy and why should I care what he thought of the game? Someone should put the Codex review as the first one citated, as it's obviously the only professional one despite being written by an "amateur". I know this without having read any of the reviews, including felipepepe's.

Unwanted

Wehraboo

Unwanted
Who the fuck is that Alex Meer guy and why should I care what he thought of the game? Someone should put the Codex review as the first one citated, as it's obviously the only professional one despite being written by an "amateur". I know this without having read any of the reviews, including felipepepe's.

Why I hate wikipedia in a nutshell. Any retard can insert themselves into any subject and if they are in the right (((clique))) or merely persistent enough no one can do anything about it.

It's very obviously a "review" where the guy didn't even play the game. Someone probably told the guy cleve was racis and then he just made a hit piece just to fuck with him.

Seriously...are you retarded?

Zep--

Yes, he is.

***~Wehraboo~***

Bocian

Arcane

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
To all the "professional" reviewers who "reviewed" Grimoire and had their "opinions" plastered on Wikipedia I'd say "git gud".

Absolutely. Look, if even I as a blobber virgin and a shitty player of games in general managed to figure it out (admittedly with the class guides and some hints), why can't these people? Aren't they supposed to be experts at this?

SophosTheWise

Cipher
Generally every rightwing-keyboard-warrior-buzzword is a thing that WILL KILL YOU OR TURN YOU GAY OR WILL INVITE ALL THE FOREIGNERS INTO YOUR COUNTRY TO STEAL YOUR JOBS IN! B-E-W-A-R-E!:kwafuckyeah:

Your eyes will open when ours will close.

Cue dramatic chipmunk

I see you're some Mynon level trash. Where's your shitposter tag?

I ain't no shitposter, brah, just spittin' the truth that you snowflakes can't process

Consul

Arbiter
Grampy_Bone linked a handy little resource on cultural marxism a few posts above in case you decide to cease celebrating your own ignorance at some point in the future.

Wow, gee, thanks for your help! I feel much more educated now that I've read a twitlonger! Do you, per chance, have any more sophisticated resources on the plight and threat of communism? I'm really interested in not being ignorant and I want to convert to internet conservatism instead. Please help me!

You act as if it were impossible to include sources in a twitlonger. The guy lists examples of the proponents of cultural marxism who use the term themselves and provides links to their works focused on the subject. What better proof can there be? I guess when all else fails, then the only recourse is to focus on the place the argument was made instead of rebutting the actual argument.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Absolutely. Look, if even I as a blobber virgin and a shitty player of games in general managed to figure it out (admittedly with the class guides and some hints), why can't these people? Aren't they supposed to be experts at this?

They are simply confused by the lack of an awesome button. What do you expect? These are all mainstream reviewers, I doubt they play anything more complicated than the most recent AAA game de jour or have played anything else ever.

SophosTheWise

Cipher
Grampy_Bone linked a handy little resource on cultural marxism a few posts above in case you decide to cease celebrating your own ignorance at some point in the future.

Wow, gee, thanks for your help! I feel much more educated now that I've read a twitlonger! Do you, per chance, have any more sophisticated resources on the plight and threat of communism? I'm really interested in not being ignorant and I want to convert to internet conservatism instead. Please help me!

You act as if it were impossible to include sources in a twitlonger. The guy lists examples of the proponents of cultural marxism who use the term themselves and provides links to their works focused on the subject. What better proof can there be? I guess when all else fails, then the only recourse is to focus on the place the argument was made instead of rebutting the actual argument.

The post is fucking useless and doesn't prove anything beyond the term 'cultural marxism' having had its use in an entirely different (academic) context than it's being used now: as an empty scaremongery buzzword. Wow, Adorno and Benjamin were marxists! What a shocking revelation that we're only learning about now! Stop the printing press, we have some breaking news!

Consul

Arbiter

The post is fucking useless and doesn't prove anything beyond the term 'cultural marxism' having had its use in an entirely different (academic) context than it's being used now: as an empty scaremongery buzzword. Wow, Adorno and Benjamin were marxists! What a shocking revelation that we're only learning about now! Stop the printing press, we have some breaking news!
Care to explain what is this "academic" cultural marxism and how is it different from the right wing definition of it?

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There is no definition of "cultural marxism" anywhere in the world. The fact that some random people wrote something which had in its context "culture" and "marxism" ... and a a couple of times the actual phrase, doesn't really mean anything.
The texts between them have very few correlations as in to what they use the term for anyway.
Now if you want to discuss about the possibility of "cultural marxism" it would be interesting...and also too long. Marx created an economical theory though, everything else is theorycrafting / potential propaganda material.
And of course the fact that the term appeared in the last 2-3 maybe 4 years should be suspicious on its own.

Consul

Arbiter
There is no definition of "cultural marxism" anywhere in the world. The fact that some random people wrote something which had in its context "culture" and "marxism" ... and a a couple of times the actual phrase, doesn't really mean anything.
How so? Cultural marxism is simply the application of the marxist theory in the cultural sense instead of the economic one, and the listed authors admit of it being a thing.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
How so? Cultural marxism is simply the application of the marxist theory in the cultural sense instead of the economic one, and the listed authors admit of it being a thing.
Application of marxist theory in the cultural sense? As in what, share the culture within the proletariat? Seize the means of cultural production? :P

SophosTheWise

Cipher
Application of marxist theory in the cultural sense? As in what, share the culture within the proletariat? Seize the means of cultural production? :P

This is exactly the problem. Marxist theory is not just LOL MEANS OF PRODUCTION HURR DURR and it's not "Let's start a revolution". It starts with dialectical materialism which itself is an evolution of Hegelian dialectics. This is a basic underlying idea that has nothing to do with economics or culture. It has nothing to do with "third wave feminism" and I don't see a problem with some influential philosophers being Jewish. Also, postmodernism, what?

Last edited:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
I was basically probing ,trying to get a "definition" of "cultural marxism" in my effort to prove that there is none, apart from random quotes that appeared in the recent years for various issues... that fit a specific agenda in general, to be honest.

Consul

Arbiter

No, the theme of oppression is central to the whole marxist theory and cultural marxism relies heavily on it. Istead of the class struggle, the capitalists and the proletariat when it comes to economic marxism, cultural marxism focuses aswell on those who are seen as "oppressed" and their perceived "oppressors", but it looks at this struggle more from a cultural point of view. Based on that, the new "class" or "classes" of those who are supposedly "oppressed" are blacks, homosexuals, women, Muslims, POCs and other minorities. The oppressor "class", putting those groups down are white straight males, they and the culture they represent (Western civilization) are seen as the greatest evil and the biggest obstacle on the path to a more just and equal world. It's simply another type of the divide and conquer strategy employed billion of times that always seems to work. There is obviously more to cultural marxism, but this is the most glaring correlation and similarity between those two types of marxist thought.

This is exactly the problem. Marxist theory is not just LOL MEANS OF PRODUCTION HURR DURR and it's not "Let's start a revolution". It starts with dialectical materialism which itself is an evolution of Hegelian dialectics. This is a basic underlying idea that has nothing to do with economics or culture. It has nothing to do with "third wave feminism" and I don't see a problem with some influential philosophers being Jewish.

If the main field marxism focuses on is economics, then it obviously has something to do with it, so does culture when it comes to cultural marxism.

The problem is not simply that they are Jewish, but if they secretly put their tribal, ethnocentric agenda underneath their philospophical school of thought, then that's a different matter. Read "Culture of Critique" by Kevin MacDonald if you want to learn more about this topic.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
The only major gaming publication to review Grimoire was the German magazine Gamestar. The game was reviewed by Pathfinder: Kingmaker developer Sascha Penzhorn.[11][12] Penzhorn described the game as "ugly", "unfinished", "low-quality", "counter-intuitive", "buggy", "terribly balanced", "lame", "broken", "lacking atmosphere", and "hostile to its users" while criticising the absence of voice acting in dialogues and the lack of a German translation. In summary, he stated that "Grimoire deserves no pity just because it's an indie game", awarding a score of 30/100

I am 100% against pirating but after reading that review extract I am not willing to even buy and try Kingmaker through steam. The chance Kingmaker will be needlessly easy and popamole retard oriented is too great a risk. If it is too easy on default I will consider it hostile to me, the user, and never pay for it. If this fucking savage reviewer is just part of a dev team that actually made a non-retard rpg for fans of rpgs and not console monkeys I'll buy it, but I have no way of fighting back against the decline of this genre in any other significant way since most of you posers probably agree with the savage.

I have no interest in shit for shitheads like "no man's sky" so have no beef with console devs being console devs and sticking to their monkey console games for their audience who are all enemies of the genre anyways, same goes for general game reviewers who are also enemies of the genre like the popamole poser codex review. I'll fight the kingmaker savage with my wallet. All I have to do is figure out how to pirate I guess. I also am strongly advocating fans of the rpg genre fight back against this barbarism by joining me and only paying for this game if it isn't hostile to fans of the rpg genre by being made for retards that cry if a game require thinking. Also, I bet kingmaker isn't being translated into Swahili so that is additional incentive to not pay money for it using the savage's criteria for dinging games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom