Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Here's what's going to happen if you drive Infinitron away

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Most of you probably have no idea how much Infinitron does around here now.

Ever since DU decided to go on permanent walkabout and basically just check in on RPG Codex whenever he's within range of some form of civilization from time to time, Infinitron has p. much taken on all of his responsibilities. In addition to his previous newsposting duties, he now fixes code problems as they arise, tweaks things, is constantly monitoring the site, and generally will be the one to blame if anything at all goes wrong.

If Infinitron leaves, what's going to happen is that the Codex is going to devolve into something much, much worse than it already has. We will no longer have anyone who even comes close to devoting as much time to finding shit about RPGs out there and posting it. You could say that anyone could post the news, but we've already gone through many people including Vault Dweller, Crooked Bee, people like Bubbles, and now I get the feeling Infinitron is getting sick of it. Tell me, who here is going to slavishly devote as much time to the site as he does? Who's going to train this person? DU? Taluntain? LOL.

Now, while you may argue that having a Jew in charge isn't worth it and you'd rather fuck off to RPG Watch instead, I say if that's the way you feel then say hi to those faggots for us. I'll take an RPG Codex run but some guy that loves Obsidian and lives within short range ballistic missile distance of an entire nation that wants to see him dead than those guys.

So stop calling him a faggot. Stop calling him a shill. If you're not happy with the job he's doing then stop being a peanut gallery pussy just taking potshots at him and instead be specific. Make a thread here in Site Feedback pointing out what you think he's doing wrong. Chances are he'll probably listen and adjust.

Like it or not, you're stuck with Infinitron. I don't say 'we' because I don't have a problem with the guy. Continue belittling him and he's going to give us the flying finger and go back to doing whatever it is he did before he said "I do" and consummated his marriage with this place.

Yes, I voted for Trump. Yes, I like Jewish people. Yes, I like reading stories and news about RPGs that I would never even consider playing. And yes, I actually do recognize that Infinitron's not perfect but I also know he's all we've got. I mean do you want DU to take complete charge again?

Be careful what you wish for, assholes.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
If Infinitron leaves, someone else will take over the responsibilities, no biggie. He's not as irreplaceable as you boot licker make him sound to be. He needs to understand that and to stay in line. If you make threads about him being irreplaceable, he'll start power tripping like there's been no holocaust.

Falksi

Arcane
Infiltration seems sound enough to me. Not seen anyone call him out though? That said, I spend most my time looking through the Tits, Butt & Redhead threads

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
now I get the feeling Infinitron is getting sick of it
rating_citation.png
- he's just been promoted. You just trying to cause drama again, Crispy?
thinking.png

Anyway, most of the more reasonable (as in: non-edgelord) posters recognize the work he puts into the site. Whether he can be fully trusted, thats a different matter. So much drama centering around one person over the years and even if you take the edge away he hasn't always looked good. Where there is smoke and all that.

In any case, why is LESS T_T not an official newsposter? I understand he has been asked at least once but declined? But he is pretty much No.2 (at least) newsposter already by now anyway.

But yeah, Codex is my no. 1 source (and pretty much my only) for RPGs and we can be happy about everyone who actually puts the effort in to keep news and discussion fresh.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I thought giving him shit is just a meme, and nobody's actually serious about it.

At the same time, you do have a point, we should show some restraint, but more importantly, be constructive with criticism and compliment the guy every now and then.

Sounds like a gay novel, but if MCA can show affection for the guy, maybe we can too.

mondblut

Arcane
I thought giving him shit is just a meme, and nobody's actually serious about it.

Merging and splitting threads is not cool. And hiding doubleplusungood discussions behind a paywall lest the holy developers discover that the prestigious RPGCodex magazine is a nest of racist Trump-voting gooblegobblers is outright pathetic.

Codex Year of the Donut

Merging and splitting threads is not cool. And hiding doubleplusungood discussions behind a paywall lest the holy developers discover that the prestigious RPGCodex magazine is a nest of racist Trump-voting gooblegobblers is outright pathetic.
the shitbox is viewable to anyone though

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
You people read the RPG Codex news? Nothing would happen. Nobody cares.
Not trying to be edgy; I have never read the news nor checked the frontpage, except maybe 10 years ago those VD reviews.

However...

Ever since DU decided to go on permanent walkabout and basically just check in on RPG Codex whenever he's within range of some form of civilization from time to time, Infinitron has p. much taken on all of his responsibilities. In addition to his previous newsposting duties, he now fixes code problems as they arise, tweaks things, is constantly monitoring the site, and generally will be the one to blame if anything at all goes wrong.

These all sound like reasons to get rid of him. It's the typical MO of certain groups to slowly creep in by taking over responsibilities and then becoming indispensable, then bringing in their own people. Happens on the Internet all the time.

We'll stop calling old Infini a shill once he stops shilling for Obsidian or whatever else newshit developer he's currently sucking off in the spirit of making the site 'developer friendly.'

Delterius

Arcane
You people read the RPG Codex news? Nothing would happen. Nobody cares.
Not trying to be edgy; I have never read the news nor checked the frontpage, except maybe 10 years ago those VD reviews.

However...

These all sound like reasons to get rid of him. It's the typical MO of certain groups to slowly creep in by taking over responsibilities and then becoming indispensable, then bringing in their own people. Happens on the Internet all the time.

We'll stop calling old Infini a shill once he stops shilling for Obsidian or whatever else newshit developer he's currently sucking off in the spirit of making the site 'developer friendly.'
wow wat a cunt

and I say this in the friendliest of ways

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
We'll stop calling old Infini a shill once he stops shilling for Obsidian
The obvious danger here is that he'll make you.

He's got very thin skin. He rated my posts "racist" in this thread, whereas I never made a single references to him being a jew rat, not once.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom