Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed I want to be an Urist - A community Dwarf Fortress LP

Cassidy

Arcane
Give it at least one more week for a new player to join. Having too few players is never as FUN as having lots of different ones.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
I too am one of those 'only played a few fortresses, many years ago' types. Keeping them stumps alive was hard enough in the most secure location I could find; I'm still trying to get my mind around how that whole ice / magma system works.

I'm wondering about that comment a few posts back, is it possible for something else to be causing the dehydration? When Hellraiser said there was booze aplenty I thought he was LARPing it up and that they were all actually dying from lack of it. Or would this vampire account for the 'found dead' guys? There's been a ton of deaths anyway... here's hoping that the commander of the guard doesn't suddenly snap.

Hellraiser

Arcane
According to the status screen we have a decent surplus. Considering I bought *all* the booze every visiting caravan had with them, and lots of berries/mushrooms we can turn into booze, it just seems retarded the dwarfs kept dying from dehydration after that. Apart from the wounded militia dorfs in the hospital maybe. Yes there was a moment when were nearly out of it, but I bought more booze, started brewing plants and we were ok. Apart from the mysterious dehydration deaths.

Consider another thing, they keep "finding" the bodies. The dorfs keep getting dehydrated and dying out of sight which is odd to say the least.

19112016.jpg

Krash

Arcane
Give it at least one more week for a new player to join. Having too few players is never as FUN as having lots of different ones.

Yes. I'll even accept dirty bourgeois elf reactionaries at this point.

According to the status screen we have a decent surplus. Considering I bought *all* the booze every visiting caravan had with them, and lots of berries/mushrooms we can turn into booze, it just seems retarded the dwarfs kept dying from dehydration after that. Apart from the wounded militia dorfs in the hospital maybe. Yes there was a moment when were nearly out of it, but I bought more booze, started brewing plants and we were ok. Apart from the mysterious dehydration deaths.

Consider another thing, they keep "finding" the bodies. The dorfs keep getting dehydrated and dying out of sight which is odd to say the least.

Almost sure it's a vampire. Hope next volunteer can handle it. (Would make an awesome investigative story.)

Krash

Arcane
Nothing happened even after my last migrant wave, so it must be one of the later arrivals during your turn...

So this is all your fault, is what I'm saying. :smug:

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
1st Granite, 254 - Early Spring

I'm here to kick ass and chew gum... and I'm all out of gum!

So begins the tale of Garf Osodrigoth, the fourth Mayor of Virgintraded - whose holy mission it is to find the culprits of the recent murders and punish them most dwarf-like.

But she is not a tyrant, no, she works through the justice system:
uSAY8.jpg

rvbuI.jpg

Thus Moldath Dolushreg is convicted of the murder of Mörul Nokimozor and Cerol Aleknomal is convicted of the murder of Thob Zanegsokan. Unfortunately there are no witnesses for the murder of Limul Akrulid.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
2nd Granite, 254 - Early Spring

Some peasant was in melancholy mood and started a fight with a stray dog. This is unacceptable because we need to the dogs for food as the fort is starving. Luckily Mesthos Udamost is such a pansy weakling that he bled to death in the jaws of the mangy fleabag. And we got our delicious dog meat:

R3p80.jpg

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Moldath Dolushreg, the murderer, also known as the Siege Operator, was receiving his just beatdown from the militia when he dared to go stark raving mad! Captain of the Guard successfully beat him down.

Meanwhile, we still have no access to water, meaning that wounded dorfs will get infected and dehydrated. Poor souls.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
7th Granite, 254 - Early Spring

I just realized where these extremely weak cries of help come from. I hear them when I pass through the Magma Forges and Smelters. Turns out that Kib Utharkadol, a miner, is somehow stuck below one of them.

P6XdW.jpg

I have no idea how to get him out of there or whether we should even try.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
He's so dehydrated/starving that he won't follow orders, so looks like it's the straw-death for him.

Also, militia squads have been reinforced with fish workers.

Edit: yup, dead now.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
14th Granite, 254 - Early Spring

Our last miner died, stuck under the Magma Smelter. I called out to him to dig through the far wall, to immerse himself in the glorious magma but the fool wouldn't do so, instead choosing to starve to death.

But no fear, we have two new miners: Zaneg Kezatreg and Tulon Dishmabokun. They are sent to find new gold to mine in the lower levels.

We all celebrated this by having a party!

iig25.jpg

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
21st Granite, 254 - Early Spring

Fuck this shit, we have almost 50 freeloaders doing nothing and I can't figure out how to use this ominous thing called the 'FUN Pipe'. More booze!

qZuke.jpg

Edit: yeah, making some breakfast/brunch/lunch, get back to this later. I fiddled with the levers but didn't see any magma flowing into the FUN-pipe. What gives?

ironyuri

Garfunkel :love:

What should I call your reign?

Call it "the Urist mandates you post your shit in one fucking update instead of padding your postcount and teasing our dicks without ever sucking us off."

Hellraiser

Arcane
21st Granite, 254 - Early Spring

Fuck this shit, we have almost 50 freeloaders doing nothing and I can't figure out how to use this ominous thing called the 'FUN Pipe'. More booze!

qZuke.jpg

Edit: yeah, making some breakfast/brunch/lunch, get back to this later. I fiddled with the levers but didn't see any magma flowing into the FUN-pipe. What gives?

Obsidian clogged it up. Once you break the two blocks of obsidian inside of the pipe magma should flow naturally again. Well, up until somewhere near the end of the pipe where ice from above will melt and clog it up with obsidian again. The leavers control the diorite floodgates so use those to make sure the dorfs don't get magma'd.

Once it starts flowing it should work flawlessly. All in all it is an ingenious method, you'll just need to dig out a chamber to flood near the liquid water below of it. Presto, instant fertile soil.

Krash

Arcane
@ Ironyuri: Dirty bourgeois elf reactionary butthurt detected. If you want GarfunkeL to make a single post out of his update(s), how about just asking?

@ GarfunkeL: Where ma update at?

ironyuri

@ Ironyuri: Dirty bourgeois elf reactionary butthurt detected. If you want GarfunkeL to make a single post out of his update(s), what about just asking?

@ GarfunkeL: Where ma update at?

I'm sorry bros. I was a bit harsh.

I just felt like Garfunkel was pushing all the right buttons, warming me up and then before I could hit that sweet release, he was denying me the final tug.

I'm sorry bro, I get cranky sometimes, especially when my dick is being teased with tidbits of DF excellence.

Krash

Arcane
I see. I guess I'll restrain the Lithuanian dwarf hammerhitmen for now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom