Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter INSOMNIA: The Ark - dieselpunk sci-fi action-RPG set on a decaying space station

Jinn

Arcane
where to buy this game for cheap

There is a sale at Greenmangaming right now where it's around $24 USD. That's about as cheap as it's going to get right now if you still want to support the developer with your purchase.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/insomnia-the-ark-pc/

Goddamn I want to play this game right now. Hope that patch is actually coming tomorrow (or later today now, I suppose).

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
This game's art direction and level design are outstanding. Never played something like this.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
PATCH DOWNLOADING MEN. PATCH DOWNLOADING.

Hello everyone! It’s been a week since INSOMNIA’s release, and boy was that a ride: the amount of discussions in the Community Hub has jumped from 130 to 540+, the first wave of guides was published by our most active members, as well as some overdue wiki updates. And of course, we’ve released patch #1 as a first step to make INSOMNIA: The Ark a better game. It’s time to make another step in that direction.

So what about patch #2?

Earlier this week, we’ve published a list of fixes included in this patch. More issues have been addressed since:
  • Fixed invisible walls around the stairs for the quest "What is the price of freedom".
  • Fixed a quest item disappearing after completing the quest "Ancient One".
  • Fixed the capsule not opening in the location "Morach Base".
  • Fixed door collisions so that the player character doesn’t get stuck in the location “Reservation D-106”.
  • Fixed the quest log for the mission "Closet showing" not updating correctly.
  • Fixed a dialogue branch at the location "Vulture’s Nest" to resolve a conflict with another dialogue in the location “Zone B-27”.
  • Improved companion A.I. to better follow the player character upon entering a new location.
  • Improvements to the “Bypass” location:
    1. eliminated the possibility of the player character getting stuck in certain spots
    2. added the ability to use the elevator
    3. added more cover options
Please keep in mind that the actual amount of fixes is bigger (UI, collisions, etc.) and mainly concern bugs submitted by the publisher’s QA team.

The patch's size is like 11 Gb.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
First mission: nothing special ... except a massacre.
1C6F675C73E80C598EE8935233759B2D7C2558B6

Second Mission ... I'm shitting my pants. First game in ages which makes me feel like playing System Shock 2 on steroids.
B0E73AED9494CE84DE0EDEFE91349718B7245F08

This game is delicious. I got chills. FFS.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Okay. I played for 15 hours. For now I'll stop my walkthrough till more patches come (or I won't continue at all if the gameplay isn't polished).

Suff I dislike:
- Painfully slow world map movement;
- No fast-traveling at all - the locations are rather large, but usually have only several places of interest/NPCs and you have to run from one to the other (running is rather slow too);
- Loot system - you can kill 5 armed raiders, but you can't loot their weapons. Stuff you find in the containers is also random junk;
- Random encounters happen often and are very samey + considering the loot problem you just spend a lot of bullets/heal-ups and gain nothing in terms of loot to compensate the loss. So the most rational choice is to reload the game and once again slowly move through the map;
- Most of the side quests are most banal fetch quests;
- You do not get experience for completing quests, so your rewards rarely compensate your losses (see above);
- The whole XP gain is strange - you get XP for killing and reading. Do not get XP for quests. Some people say they get XP for stealth kills, I do not. Probably you get XP for crafting, but I can't confirm;
- The inventory is a mess, the items do not stack automatically;
- Same looking objects have different purposes - you see 4 similar doors along the corridor, 2 of them are real doors, 2 are closed/walls - you can't understand which of them work till you try all of them, there is no other indication.

I most likely forgotten something and didn't mention the main quest bug my friend (and other people according to forums) encountered making the quest unfinishable - I had no patience to play till this part.

Stuff I like:
- Art/visuals/graphics/aesthetics are fantastic;
- Worldbuilding/setting is cool;
- The story was okay so far.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
Turns out that's nothing compared to the combat missions later in the game.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom