Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Just finished VTM: Redemption.

Shannow

Waster of Time
OH ANEZKA DOST THOU LOVETH ME

OH CRISTOF I DARE NOT
Does it go all the way throughout the game? Is Fair Anezka a central character?
1. No
In modern times she's a thoroughly corrupted sex-toy ;)
2. Yes
She is the McGuffin

I tried and made it to the forth dungeon. I realized I had about 10 dungeons to go dragging that party with me. If I could just run it solo, I would have re-played it by now and would be singing it's praises.
I left the party behind at the beginning of the level 90% of the time... What's your problem?

This game still has a few memorable parts, long years after I played it last. Fond memories of:
Advice from an old friend once you wake up in the modern world: "Welcome to the modern world. We have cool new weapons and stuffies. You'll want to get rid of your old garbage and equip yourself ASAP.."
*I look at my magical two-handed axe.*
Me: "LOL, no dude. I'm doing just fine here. Kthxbye."
And then it turns out he gave me that bad advice for a reason :love:

But this thread is quite surprizing. Last time we discussed Redemption there were perhaps 3 guys max who liked it, while everyody else was taking a dump on it...

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
There was a DM in multiplayer NWN? Never noticed this in NWN2 (never played 1).

i.can't.believe.what.i.just.read.

there really are people who don't know about that? it's like half of the two greatest features of the whole series gone missing... a toolset (and the dm mode). never heard of it?! shocking.

Vibalist

Arcane
To me just the very idea of playing a crusader who becomes a badass vampire and wakes up 800 years later in modern times is pretty cool. It's not well executed but show me another game where you can do that.

If it's not well executed then what does it matter that the premise is cool? :|

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
At least Redemption knows when to end

If that were the case, it would never do that jump into modern times that changed the somewhat cool slasher into one of the biggest snorefests in the history of gaeming.

Lhynn

Arcane
It wasnt as bad as some make out to be, but it wasnt good.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
VTM Redemption is a flawed game, but I enjoyed it a lot. VTM lore helped much tbh. I wonder if that re-texture project ever got completed.

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath

You ought to play more games then, jesus christ. The gameplay is a complete clusterfuck in desperate need of (a) different combat roles (b) a pause feature. Plus the plot didn't even make sense. Christoff falls madly in love with Anezka, a nun that looked at him once and said "I like you"? Is he in high school? Then there's that whole mess with Vukodlak's utterly nonsensical plan to kill the antideluvians -- one of which melded with the fucking earth, another is at the bottom of the sea, etc. -- by changing into Chiropteran Marauder form and bum rushing them. Fucking thing sucks.

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
So it does: the pause-break button. Oh well, my other points still stand.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy

You ought to play more games then. The gameplay is a complete clusterfuck in desperate need of (a) different combat roles (b) a pause feature. Plus the plot didn't even make sense. Christoff falls madly in love with Anezka, a nun that looked at him once and said "I like you"? Is he in high school? Then there's that whole mess with Vukodlak's utterly nonsensical plan to kill the antideluvians -- one of which melded with the fucking earth, another is at the bottom of the sea, etc. -- by changing into Chiropteran Marauder form and bum rushing them. Fucking thing sucks.
You ought to read more then. The plot made perfect sense, google "Florence Nightingale Syndrome". Compared to Baldur's Gate the plot in Redemption is golden. And no, gameplay is not a "clusterfuck", you can't even substantiate why you think it's a clusterfuck. Play it again, this time from start to finish and then we can talk (unless you want to tell me you were too stupid to notice that there is a pause button throughout the whole game... It's just unfathomable that someone who would finish this game wouldn't notice it).

Is this the thread that killed Excidium?
11153.jpg

Borelli

Arcane
Oh yeah, i almost forgot. Vukodlak is like, the worst name for a vampire EVER.:retarded:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

You ought to play more games then, jesus christ. The gameplay is a complete clusterfuck in desperate need of (a) different combat roles (b) a pause feature. Plus the plot didn't even make sense. Christoff falls madly in love with Anezka, a nun that looked at him once and said "I like you"? Is he in high school? Then there's that whole mess with Vukodlak's utterly nonsensical plan to kill the antideluvians -- one of which melded with the fucking earth, another is at the bottom of the sea, etc. -- by changing into Chiropteran Marauder form and bum rushing them. Fucking thing sucks.

Except that by foiling Orsi at the factory you stop the completion of a crucial element of Vukodlak's ritual that would have allowed him to devour the Antideluvians :decline:

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
It has a pause feature. :M
it has a half-assed pause feature. Not only can you not queue actions, no - while paused you cannot issue any actions. So you have to pause, switch characters, unpause, issue an action, pause again, switch characters, unpause etc.
Sucks major balls. Still better than before the patch though, when you couldn't pause at all.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
no - while paused you cannot issue any actions.
Wrong. You can issue actions in pause, but as you said you cannot queue them. So it is: pause - switch character - issue command - unpause

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom