Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Paul_cz

Arcane
Wait wut, it is possible to have Kuno from the Bastards die right in the second quest (mill attack) and that's it, DLC over? :D

I admire the balls of that but at the same time it is kinda stupid. Oh well, on second try I supported him with my bow and everyone survived.

Hans DLC was fantastic. Really creative and funny quests, it was fairly short but sweet. Charlatan is such an asshole. And Henry singing in czech had me rolling.

Curratum

Whoever persuaded me to buy this, THANK YOU!

I haven't enjoyed my time with any game this much since Witcher 3.

Codex Year of the Donut
you should update bios and windows up to spectre fix though.
this tool lets you check whether u have those patches or not
Spectre & meltdown are memes. There has not been a single instance of them(or related speculative execution exploits) being used in the wild — not one. The entire thing is purely academic circlejerking that resulted in massive slowdowns for everyone by default.
And who exactly do these exploits affect? Their primary target would be servers running VMs. They're exploits that allow you to escape the VM container.
The average Windows user should be far more worried about typical Windows malware.

To quote Linus Torvalds,
Security people are often the black-and-white kind of people that I can't
stand. I think the OpenBSD crowd is a bunch of masturbating monkeys, in
that they make such a big deal about concentrating on security to the
point where they pretty much admit that nothing else matters to them.

The thing with the engine kinda makes sense, it would be stupid at this point to redo everything in a new one (tools, combat, etc). But they need to be smart about this and redesign certain parts of the game to cover up the shortcomings of the engine. This is certainly possible, and many great games in the past came up with brilliant solutions to technological limitations. It's just a matter of getting enough smart people to come up with creative solutions.

As the interview mentioned, one way to compensate for map size limitations in CryEngine is to have multiple open world maps (same as in Witcher 3). I also wonder if there is even a better solution to this. The loading of another map shouldn't take too long on a modern computer required to play KCD in the first place (I think it took several seconds in Witcher 3 to go from Velen to Skellige for example), so maybe they could disguise this as regular travel somehow. For example, maybe there is a boundary area of woods or fog or something on the edge of the map, and as your character is shown traversing it (a dummy cinematic maybe), the next map is loading in the background, so the transition is not so jarring, and everything still seems open world.

Another way to compensate for this is to just have a lot of content within a smaller map. This might even be better in a way. So a KCD sized map packed to the brim with quests, NPCs, events, enemies, etc, but also new content that appears as the game progresses. So this would allow Warhorse to pack a ton of content and hours into a smaller map.

Large battles are tougher. They would probably have to implement some sort of dummy NPCs (they talk about it a bit in the interview), where maybe any NPCs not directly fighting the player just has a completely stripped down AI and goes through basic fighting animations.

Efe

Erudite
i said up to.. i dont recommend anyone installing those patches.
its a ploy to push older hardware into obsolescence faster just like how they prevented newer cpus from using older windows.

Curratum

Yesterday I bought the art book that came out last month, and today I see the base price has gone up by 12 EUR.

Can someone confirm that the price is 38.99 EUR for everyone? My receipt from yesterday says 26.99 EUR.

Here's the shoppe: https://www.kingdomcome-store.com/en/Artbooks/
I bought mine on xzone.cz for around 30 eur, no idea why the price went up on the internation store

Ah, well, lucky me, I suppose! I got in while it was 12 EUR cheaper.

Üstad

Arcane
I didn't buy this game because combat is shit with 'locked down to target' mechanics (wtf is this def jam vendetta) The choices are limited with how to finish the quest your actions doesnt make any effect to the main plot. You still have to fight against baddies Cumans. You still have to be a christian. It mainly targets the post 2013 retarded 4chan userbase and their desperate need of christian circlejerk. Mount&Blade is much more a superior game, much more moddable also works on a shitty pc and they don't shove down another generic european knight fantasy for kids RPG to my throat.

I tried liking this game, i really did, and it does do a whole lot right. What i can't get over is how incredibly frustrating, atrocious, and nausea-inducing combat is against more than 2 targets. It just makes me sick, no joke. For a game with a combat system optimized for one-on-one encounters, this game sure does have a lot of group fights and very little actual sparring. DECLINE.

Üstad

Arcane
Regardless of your implications and silly ass memeing attempt my reaction would be same if it tried to appeal any other nationality and religion like that. It's stupid and it's for simple minded retards. By no means kingdom cum deliverance is a good game, it's shit with covered candies for sugar addicts.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
> drops generalizations like "4chan christian circlejerk"
> complains of being "silly ass memed" in turn

Yeah dude, everyone who likes the game is Christian, and is on 4chan

Üstad

Arcane
Yeah dude, everyone who likes the game is Christian
I didn't even say that. Can't you even tell the difference of trying to appeal certain group vs. only people of certain group likes it? I really think you can, I think you just misinterpret my words on purpose. If you're not from that certain group of retards people you don't need to take offence, I will still hate this garbage though.

complains of being "silly ass memed" in turn
Well to interact with "special people" you don't need to become one of them.

Tigranes

Arcane
I don't care if you live in Turkey or Upper Mongolia and I agree it's stupid to bring that in. I disagree that KCD is a Christian circlejerk created just to please Crusader fetishists, like panty shots in anime for weeaboos or something. It is in many ways a very accurate and considered reflection of history. Of course it romanticises the era, making it a beautiful and attractive place to romp around and be a video game hero, but it doesn't really lay anything on thick with IDEOLOGIE.

It's a railroaded cinematic historical larp game, and not a C&C-heavy CRPG with robust systems. I can see someone not playing it for that, but that's a gameplay objection.

Üstad

Arcane
I disagree that KCD is a Christian circlejerk created just to please Crusader fetishists, like panty shots in anime for weeaboos or something..
Well if I said 'just to' then I misworded what I meant but in my opinion it really tried to appeal such people, I would never use the sentence 'just to'. Other than that I would brofist your post, I'm too new to to that. :negative:

Curratum

I don't understand why you would list "still have to be Christian" as a negative, then act all butthurt when people point out you're a Turk.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It's a railroaded cinematic historical larp game, and not a C&C-heavy CRPG with robust systems.

I literally stared at this with my open for a few seconds.

First of all, the "cinematic historical larp game" is just an edgy, meaningless word salad. Yes, there are cutscenes and yes, it's non-fantasy. Have a star.

A second, what are "robust systems" in your prestigious opinion and where can I find them?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom