Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's play Berwick Saga (PS2 Strategy-RPG from the director of Fire Emblem 1-5)

Thorakitai

Learned
>The Berwick League is slowly losing the war, the front line is crumbling due to terrible decisions and politics and probably life sucks for almost everyone at this point.
> Let's hold an tournament (that requires precious food and necessities made rare by the war effort) , we got enough time to waste.

I wonder why an internal rebellion hasn't happened at this point.

Last edited:

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
>The Berwick League is slowly losing the war, the front line is crumbling due to terrible decisions and politics and probably life sucks for almost everyone at this point.
> Let's hold an tournament (that requires precious food and necessities made rare by the war effort) , we got enough time to waste.

I wonder why an internal rebellion hasn't happened at this point.

And that's not counting how some knights might get wounded at the tournament.

Endemic

Arcane
Update 149: The King's Tournament (part 1)

Note: Almost all scenes\battles in the game have music, but to avoid too much link spamming I've been sticking to the more memorable themes.

ArFkrDF.jpg

T3HKP9s.jpg

Ward: Apparently, it was organized rather hurriedly at the sudden whim of His Majesty.

Reese: My apologies to His Majesty, then, but we cannot afford to waste our time with such frivolity.

Tianna: Are you certain, Lord Reese...?

Ward: Milord, I am concerned that declining to participate may be taken as an affront by His Majesty... I would advise to give the event at least a small part of your attention, even just to keep up appearances.

tlEZsKI.jpg

The next day...

Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxnnUFvRtmw

ITbFeUb.jpg

Ruby: I heard news of the upcoming tournament from Lady Tianna... If it is acceptable, would you please consider selecting me to participate?

Reese: You want to be in the tournament?

Ruby: Yes, Lord Reese! I am eternally grateful to you for granting me full knighthood... However, I feel that I have yet to perform any deeds worthy of the title you have given me. With your permission, I would like to bring honour to Sinon with my own hands in this tournament.

Ward: Bring honour to Sinon, you say?

Ruby: Yes, Sir! If there is anything I can do to serve the Order of the Knights of Sinon...

Reese: If that is your wish, Ruby, then I do not mind having you enter the tournament...

Ruby: T-Thank you, Lord Reese!

Ward: Just be aware, Ruby, that even a tournament of skill is not without its fair share of danger.

BJVhIPs.jpg

A few days later, the tournament begins:

jReo3gg.jpg

<applause from the crowd>

Padolf: Each day, our beloved soldiers of the Berwick League fight to protect our homeland from our enemies... But on this day, they may rest easy - as they fight not to the death, but to prove their abilities among friends! The victor of this competition will be rewarded in person by His Majesty with a laurel crown.

TxfBlyV.jpg

<the crowd cheers and applauds again>

Perhaps this Minister Padolf isn't as dumb as he seems sometimes. Bread and circuses, as the Romans would say...

Moving on, we witness Ruby's first bout.

zips1hG.jpg

The competitors are introduced by the stadium's announcer, to cheers from the audience:

G97cRbd.jpg

tc8X1aC.jpg

Announcer: The match will continue until a contestant admits defeat... or the judges deem it necessary to stop the match due to injury. Contestants, have you any objections to these conditions?

Ruby: I do not.

Tensberger: None.

Announcer: Then may you both fight with skill and with honour! Begin!

BUtpUaF.jpg

TXl065b.jpg

Tensberger: Mm... Very well, then! Let us both give it our best!

Ruby psyches herself up before proceeding.

Ruby: ("Stay calm, and follow your enemy's movements closely... If you can predict his next move, the battle is already won...")

They approach each other and trade blows.

OrGH1QN.jpg

However, Ruby soon gains the upper hand, catching Tensberger off-balance.

p6tvZXJ.jpg

lJg0BbJ.jpg

She moves forward to the next round of the tournament:

66EofJi.jpg

As usual, the two contenders are met with applause and cheers from the stadium.

lJEuxyg.jpg

UGPdT3p.jpg

Announcer: May you both fight with skill and with honour! Begin!

ExLKn9b.jpg

Dolce: Sinon must truly be scraping the bottom of the barrel these days...

VdxFY28.jpg

They close, and Dolce evades Ruby's initial charge.

L3bFSon.jpg

Dolce then connects multiple swings in succession, putting Ruby on the defensive.

9bankHh.jpg

However, Ruby rebounds, throwing herself into one last lunge.

BjBxJBq.jpg

Dd6jvYD.jpg

Music: https://youtu.be/tgBC8tEY5Iw?t=57

She enters the registration area triumphantly.

8SJlhLg.jpg

An unknown knight approaches her, noticing her success.

xgALLJ5.jpg

To be continued...

Last edited:

Endemic

Arcane
At least the Romans had the means to do this, unlike the Berwick League.

Of course, Reese flat out says it is frivolous. That said, I don't think Volcens' reign is unusual when you look at real history - Rome also had its share of poor or incompetent rulers, for example. Caligula anyone? Though King John of England is probably a closer comparison here.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
At least the Romans had the means to do this, unlike the Berwick League.

Of course, Reese flat out says it is frivolous. That said, I don't think Volcens' reign is unusual when you look at real history - Rome also had its share of poor or incompetent rulers, for example. Caligula anyone? Though King John of England is probably a closer comparison here.

Yeah, but Caligula was reigning centuries before the fall of Rome, whereas it seems like Volcen's reign could end in a few months. It's more like if Hitler was trying to hold the Olympic games in 1944.

John of England seems a good comparison, yes.

Endemic

Arcane
The timing of the tournament depends on the player's actions, as far as I know you need to promote Ruby for it to happen (or at least for it to be shown on-screen).

Based on the happiness score required to recruit her into the Sinon Knights, that's chapter 5 at the earliest. Chapter 13 is the cutoff for mercenary recruitment and any paralogues.

Endemic

Arcane
Update 150: The King's Tournament (part 2)

2LOeVdd.jpg

Masked Man: You'd do well to watch yourself, little girl.

Ruby: If you think my skill is lacking, then why not test my sword yourself?!

She draws her weapon.

IMyl18u.jpg

Ruby: ...Fine, then. I'll prove to you that my skill isn't just beginner's luck!

Masked Man: If you're so confident, how about we raise the stakes a bit?

Ruby: What do you mean?

Masked Man: Whichever one of us loses this bout will have to give up being a knight. What say you to that?

Ruby: What?!

Masked Man: Why the panicked face? You may decline, of course... ...Little Miss Paladin.

Ruby: Fine, I'll take you on! I accept your condition!

MOee1M3.jpg

Heh, nice nod to the Roman poet here.

ZwinjTc.jpg

Announcer: Thus begins the final round!

The crowd is even more enthusiastic than before, as the contenders are introduced:

59B4Pu5.jpg

U9HWj9V.jpg

Announcer: Now, let the final match begin! May you both fight with skill and with honour!

eJOqQJ4.jpg

Ruby: I will keep my pride as a knight. I will defeat you!

Vergil: Just don't forget about our agreement, little girl.

Ruby: That's enough out of you!

She lands the first strike:

3YceBl2.jpg

However, Vergil soon forces her to defend.

3CULQ2D.jpg

The next attack takes her out of the fight.

czKqdUH.jpg

Ruby is injured, and her spear is flung away in the process.

pj6kitB.jpg

Vergil: Hmph, know your place, child. As you promised, from this day forth, you will abandon the name of knight.

Announcer: We have our Champion!

<another round of applause from the crowd>

XGOunFV.jpg

Later, Sir Vergil encounters Ward at the registration desk:

sLXtFRH.jpg

Ward: And to think, she had just been promoted, as well...

He steps forward to confront Vergil.

Ward: That was quite the underhanded tactic, Clifford.

Vergil: ...You knew it was me?

Ward: It was plainly obvious. Are you quite pleased with yourself?

"Sir Vergil" removes his helmet.

dAuGqvc.jpg

Ward: Clifford, Knight of Veria... I challenge you to a duel!

Clifford: What...?

Ward: If you would fight your own daughter without restraint, you should have no qualms about fighting an old man. If you have any honour as a warrior, you will meet me at the stadium. I will be waiting.

Clifford is left to ponder the challenge, as Ward departs:

0wErtXS.jpg

Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5YyPPH0J0g

The duel begins with the customary trash-talking.

tMVvPI0.jpg

QYTWfsO.jpg

Ward: I doubt that. I have honoured my title, unlike you, who threw both duty and honour away!

Clifford: So, you think you've got me all figured out, do you?! Come, then! Give me your best shot!

VYofim4.jpg

Ward's charge succeeds, and Clifford's counterattack falls short of the mark.

50ju54n.jpg

Another strike sends Clifford reeling.

FVBN0at.jpg

Once again, Ward evades.

SYlXVwp.jpg

It isn't long before one more hit from Ward ends the duel.

YOlpk6y.jpg

Clifford: Ugh... This can't be...

Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x31rR7MpLMI

They dismount, and Clifford is visibly exhausted:

slFCvwo.jpg

Ward: Had you been in your prime, I might not have lasted even five minutes. But I could mop the floor with pathetic drunks like you any day.

Clifford: Tsk...

Ward: I have trained scores of knights. I know a good knight when I see one. When I say that Ruby has potential as a knight, I know very well what I am talking about. She is capable of greatness beyond what any common person could hope to achieve.

Clifford: No... She mustn't...

Ward: And yet, when I asked her why she wished to be a knight, she would not be honest with her feelings... I will not pretend to comprehend your situation, but I know this to be true: parents must believe in their children.

He is met with silence.

Ward: Do you know what your daughter was doing every day, as you drank your life away in that tavern? Every day, she was training to become as great a knight as you once were.

NVDrqfj.jpg

Clifford: I thought that if she died, then the last piece of my wife would be truly gone from this world...

Ward: But Ruby is not simply your wife's child, Clifford! She is yours as well! She inherited half of her mother, and half of her father!

Clifford: Half of... me...

Ward: From who else would she have gotten the idea to become a knight in the first place?

Clifford: Hmph... I wish she hadn't inherited my stubbornness, too...

Ward: Go make things right with her. As I said before, one cannot make amends with a grave, and old men like us won't last forever.

MYkHrmH.jpg

I think it would be easy to take "Clifford bad, Ruby and Ward good" from these scenes - I know some players in the Fire Emblem community that played Berwick Saga, and they indeed came to that conclusion. However, that's a very surface-level take. It's not surprising though, given that those people are young and would relate more to Ruby than they would to Clifford, ignoring details like gameplay-story integration (Ruby statistically cannot outperform Clifford). Or Ruby's questionable attitude in the previous story scenes. Being a single parent isn't easy, either. Just look at how many people fail at it in real life.

Ruby's flaw of arrogance and overconfidence was on display again here, taking a challenge she did not know she could win. Of course, Clifford still interfered with her knighthood, but would the outcome of the final have been any different if it were another experienced opponent? Ward didn't start that duel just to gloat over being in better condition than a (probably drunk) Clifford, but rather he wanted to prove the latter had lost his way and needed help. Ward's own difficulties with the passing of his wife, and his troubled relationship with Christine, may have been an impetus too.

Next update, I'll be wrapping up this subplot, and concluding chapter 8.

Last edited:

Endemic

Arcane
Update 151: The King's Tournament (ending)

Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEn9eevjWoQ

Ruby pays her mother's grave a visit.

aZzkalm.jpg

Ruby: All this time, I've been trying to be something I'm not... Where did I go wrong?

Unknown voice: You weren't wrong.

Ruby: ...?!

Clifford joins her.

naDLekX.jpg

Clifford: As tough as ever... Ruby, I don't want you to give up on your dreams.

Ruby: What?

Clifford: All this time, I never realized... You were walking in my footsteps... If you still wish to be a knight, then so be it. Follow your dreams. Just don't end up like me... I won't say anything more about it. If you can't forgive me for what I've done to you, I'd understand...

Ruby: I am following my dreams, Father! What I wanted... What I still want... is to stand by your side!

Clifford: You do?

Ruby: I love you, Father! For as long as I can remember, you've always been my inspiration! That's why I...

Clifford walks up and embraces Ruby, as her voice cracks and she begins to shed a tear.

oFMD0Zz.jpg

Clifford: I've been a terrible father... But now I've finally opened my eyes. From now on, I'll stand by your side, father and daughter - together.

SSnLS8i.jpg

Despite the story technically being in a medieval fantasy setting, this subplot is very relatable. Even though it's part of one large (albeit segmented) cutscene, I found it compelling nonetheless. One of the reasons for this is the two-sided change; both Ruby and Clifford have their sympathetic and antagonistic moments throughout. Anyway, I won't ramble too much, there is one more scene to wrap up here.

Z1RHJ9S.jpg

Ruby: Lord Reese... My apologies. I was not thinking straight when I submitted my resignation...

Reese: Resignation? What are you talking about? Have you heard about this, Tianna?

Qw5opc1.jpg

Ward: Nor have I... Ruby, do you really wish to resign your position as a knight?

Ruby: N-No, General Ward! I wish to stay!

Reese: All right, then... I suppose that settles that...

Ruby: Lord Reese...

Reese: Sir Clifford, I will be keeping Ruby on as a Knight of Sinon. Is that acceptable to you?

Clifford: Of course... However, I have a favour to ask.

Ruby: I, too, have a request to ask of you, Lord Reese.

GuWhtn0.jpg

The room falls silent for a short while, but then Ward resumes the discussion:

Ward: I should inform you, Lord Reese, that Sir Clifford and I had a contest of our own earlier...

Reese: A contest, you say? And who was the victor?

m2XqmWM.jpg

Ward: When I asked him, he said he does not currently have a lord to serve... If we were to welcome him into the Knights of Sinon, he would undoubtedly prove to be a great asset. No doubt Dame Ruby would also be thrilled to have her father at her side. The decision is of course yours to make, Lord Reese, but I recommend Sir Clifford highly.

Clifford: General Ward...

Reese: I have yet to hear what the man himself has to say on the matter. Clifford?

Clifford: Lord Reese... If there is any place for me to fight under your banner, I will do so. I have been anxious to put my rusty skills to use.

Reese: Do you have any objections, Ruby?

Ruby: None, Lord Reese. I also wish for my father to join the Knights of Sinon.

Reese: Then I will not object. Clifford, I cannot promise much pay, but I would be pleased to have you.

dwEIvv9.jpg

Heh, I guess Ward isn't always as stern as he seems. Though if we only consider in-game stats, Clifford is indeed tougher than Ward.

There is another recruitment I need to cover before chapter 8 is done. While I was doing the usual happiness management, this popped up:

KEsoYNr.jpg

dQHhnmJ.jpg

Oh hey, it's like one of those T3-M4 droid conversations in KOTOR2.

Ward: Are you certain, lad?

Derrick: ..., ..... ........, ... .....

Ward: Well, that's certainly interesting... I'll tell Lord Reese.

He does so, and Reese heads over to the guild.

RTbaT0e.jpg

Ward: Well, milord, it's Derrick here... He says he wants to leave the mercenaries and join our knights.

Reese: Is that so? Well, Derrick, may I ask why?

Ward: I couldn't quite hear all of it, but it sounded like he's looking for some kind of "true hero."

Reese: ...Come again?

Ward: Well, his personal ambitions aren't really of that much concern to me. I know he's not a bad person. And this way, we won't have to worry about his fee anymore. He'll just be on the regular payroll.

Reese: I have no objections. He's already shown his dedication to helping the townspeople.

bszNmZL.jpg

Ward: And there you have it. Derrick, thank Lord Reese for his kind words!

Derrick: ... .... .. ......, .... ......

Ward: Come on, lad! Speak up for once!

Reese: It's fine, Ward. He's shy, don't make him shout.

92JuPzg.jpg

Probably because he's trying to hide his identity :P but that will be a discussion for another time. I'll be getting back to the main plot for now.

Endemic

Arcane
Update 152: Chapter 9 - Breaking Bridges (Introduction, pt. 1)

9lOgbhG.jpg

Roswick: Now that Fort Remagen is lost, I am afraid that it is our only option, Your Majesty.

Volcens: Herman! What has that cretin Rosecchar been doing?!

xi5skdu.jpg

Herman: All those who served under his command have been captured or killed.

Volcens: He just gave up?! General Rosecchar was instated at your personal request, Lord Herman! How could you have made such an egregious blunder?!

Herman: I have no excuses. Clearly, I had a lapse in judgment.

Volcens: What would you have me do, Roswick? Can this city successfully fight an enemy invasion head-on?

Roswick: Up until now, we have made do with the resources available to us, but Navaron now shelters more than 50,000 refugees within its walls. If our sources of water were cut off, we would quickly run out. The battle would be lost before it could even begin.

Padolf: Then why not expel the unnecessary citizens from the city?

Roswick: I beg your pardon, Minister Padolf? You suggest that I condemn 50,000 innocent people to their deaths?!

Padolf: Not all of them... Just the elderly, the children, the women staying at home...

No8JwxO.jpg

Roswick: This is my city. Its people are my people. Now hold your tongue!

Herman: Calm yourself, Duke Roswick. If we did as Minister Padolf suggested, then the entire army would desert. Honestly, Minister, how could you even suggest such idiocy?

Padolf: What?! But that plan was...

Herman: I agree with Duke Roswick. Destroying the bridge may be our only option at the moment. But how shall we accomplish this? [to Roswick] Do you have a plan?

Roswick: Ordinarily, I would leave the task to my military engineers. However, they were stationed at Fort Remagen and were captured during the battle. Still, it seems that rather than kill them, the Empire has kept them alive to help repair the fortress.

Herman: My scouts have reported as much as well, yes.

Roswick: With so many soldiers now lost, we cannot hope to retake the fortress without leaving Navaron vulnerable. But the previous battle was a costly one for the Empire as well. They will have been weakened and are awaiting reinforcements to assist them. Therefore, I wish to send a small attack force to raid Fort Remagen and rescue the captive engineers.

3ueVMPf.jpg

Herman: And the bridge is well defended. Who in their right mind would launch such a suicidal attack? Do you have someone in mind?

Just as he poses the question, a familiar figure enters the audience chamber.

JoQv9cH.jpg

Padolf: You again?! Have you not learned your lesson, boy? How dare you brazenly waltz into this chamber uninvited! Oh, I see how it is... You must have conspired with Duke Roswick again...

Herman looks on in silence.

Volcens: Intriguing... I will allow it. Don't disappoint me, boy.

Reese: Yes, Your Majesty! I will not fail you!

Sienna gives him a concerned look, but remains quiet.

WIFASTZ.jpg

Maybe baud's comparison to 1944 Germany was a good one. In fact, the upcoming battle at Remagen Bridge seems to be partially inspired by the WW2 conflict: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Remagen

Historically, the Allies crossed the bridge in force before the Germans destroyed it; here, it seems the battle could take a different turn...

Back to the introduction:

5scnG23.jpg

Yc4Tnol.jpg

Ward: What on earth is going on back there...?

Luciana: Sister Maria! Leave Mr. Burroughs alone!

Maria emerges and stops abruptly in front of Ward and Luciana:

aZdFb85.jpg

She then leaves without saying a word. Burroughs gets up soon afterwards.

SgiBCXH.jpg

Looks like he's recovered from the 300 lashes he took some weeks ago...

Burroughs: Yep, thanks to you. All back to my old self!

Ward: Then what are you still lazing around here for?! Get going! I am sorry, Sister Luciana. I should not have brought you such a troublesome man...

Burroughs: Hey, I'm not all that bad! In fact, I want to repay you for saving me back then. So how about it? Let me join your army!

Ward: Unacceptable. The Sinon Knights do not allow deserters into our ranks. Besides, you are a ballistician, correct? We do not have any ballistae for you to use.

Burroughs: I'm no deserter! And I've got an idea of where to get a ballista.

Ward: Hmm... I will speak to Lord Reese. If you do manage to acquire a ballista, then bring it to the West House.

Burroughs: You won't regret this, old-timer! All right, Sisters, I'm heading out. Time for me to get to work!

YTcgWOy.jpg

Heh, quite the jovial man Burroughs is. We'll be seeing more of him in part 2 :)

Last edited:

Thorakitai

Learned
Poor Duke Roswick, being made to look like an utter fool in his very own city while trying to salvage an increasingly grim war effort. Maybe there's a reasonable explanation for Volcen's erratic behavior unless he just an inept king drunk with power while being clearly manipulated by his advisors.

That Bridge Mission is infamous for being quite a step up in difficulty and the fact it's where the AI gets quite smart.

Endemic

Arcane
Maybe there's a reasonable explanation for Volcens erratic behavior unless he just an inept king drunk with power while being clearly manipulated by his advisors.

I suspect Mordias kept him rather sheltered from the realpolitik that was going on, that and the timing of Volcens taking the throne would have been less than ideal even for a competent ruler. Above all though, Volcens is paranoid and clinging to leadership at all costs. While it isn't directly stated, I assume he fled the original capital to avoid his father's fate of dying in battle, which is likely the same reason he refuses to commit his personal troops to the front line.

Endemic

Arcane
Update 153: Chapter 9 - Breaking Bridges (Introduction, pt. 2)

Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccPrRD_li50

8F9ixn5.jpg

Klamp: I've already got my hands full with orders from the military. I can't go making exceptions for you.

Burroughs: What kind of talk is that? Aren't we friends, Klamp? Hey, Bianca darlin', why don't you try asking him?

bTCJnJB.jpg

Bianca: Klamp, don't listen to a thing this loser says to you if he can't even foot the bill.

Burroughs: ...Guess I've got no choice. All right, don't tell anyone, but... The truth is, the Empire is coming to attack this city directly soon. We soldiers will do our best to hole ourselves up safely, but if we lose, the city will be taken... If that happens... Well...

EpSSKWY.jpg

:lol: Nice one, Burroughs. When honesty doesn't work, go for the emotional blackmail.

Klamp: H-Hey! Don't even think about stuff like that, Burroughs! I'd never let that happen!

Bianca: Don't you give this idiot the time of day, Klamp. He's just trying to use you.

Klamp: But still... What if he's right? If the Empire captures this city, then what will happen to you...?

Bianca: I'll be fine, Klamp. We're not gonna lose to them.

Klamp: But still... what if...?

w7gVmjm.jpg

Klamp: Wha...? Oh, what did you want again?

Burroughs: ...As I was saying, I've made up my mind to join the Sinon Knights so I can help protect the city.

Klamp: You, a Sinon Knight? They'd really let you join them?

Burroughs: Yep. Sinon doesn't have ballisticians, so they must've been attracted by my considerable reputation. Lord Reese himself bowed his head to me and said, "Please, lend us your strength, Burroughs!". It's a bit of a drag, but they seemed to be in such dire straits that I just had to help them.

Klamp: Whoa... That's amazing, Burroughs! You always were impressive... Good to have a friend in high places.

Burroughs: But today, I am ballista-less... Doesn't my arm look lonely to you without a crank and lever to pull?

Klamp: It does a bit, yeah... And, well... If the Sinon Knights are gonna help with defense, we'd better get prepped as soon as possible... ...All right, Burroughs. I can lend you one of the spares we have in reserves.

lV5zvsE.jpg

Burroughs: Like you said, you've got friends in high places now!

Klamp: All right! So that's one ballista and, let's say, 20 bolts, too.

Burroughs: You're the best, Klamp!

Klamp: Just promise me, Burroughs... You've gotta protect the city!

Burroughs: You can leave that to me! Those Imperials will have to walk through a veritable deluge of my bolts before they reach Navaron's gates!

A short while later...

WMDBwKC.jpg

Burroughs: Thank you very much! Excuse me, Lord Reese!

dpfCSAr.jpg

Reese: ...But it seems you don't agree, do you, Ward?

Ward: I have no objections to your decision, milord... but...

Reese: "But"...?

They are interrupted by Tianna:

IPdl1Bw.jpg

Tianna: One bronze ballista and twenty bolts, for a total of 5200 denarii. ...Shall I pay them, milord?

Cg0y0iZ.jpg

I won't be paying, because we can get one cheaper than that, and I don't plan on deploying Burroughs just yet. If you do pay immediately, you get a scene with Burroughs showing off the new ballista to some soldiers in the courtyard.

Tianna: According to the invoice, the fee is due by the month's end. Otherwise, this order we allegedly placed will be canceled. If you change your mind about paying them, milord, please let me know anytime.

Talking to her will reveal a new option in the menu:

DtWMOMP.jpg

FXqjaQ2.jpg

You can pay at any time before the end of chapter 9 to receive the ballista and 20 bolts. After advancing to chapter 10 the option will disappear. Tianna will give you a reminder of this if you select "don't pay" again from this menu.

The citizen request scenes are a bit longer for this chapter, so I'll split them into another update. :)

Last edited:

baud

Arcane
Patron
Burroughs kinda reminds me of Han Solo, character-wise (charming rogue that schmoozes his way, but who has his heart in the right place). Or is it just me?

Endemic

Arcane
Burroughs kinda reminds me of Han Solo, character-wise (charming rogue that schmoozes his way, but who has his heart in the right place). Or is it just me?

No, but his character flaws do keep things interesting.

I forgot to mention this, but ballista availability is rather low. You only get to buy two, and the second appears very late. So buying this one might well be worthwhile if you deploy Burroughs semi-regularly.

Endemic

Arcane
Update 154: Chapter 9 - Breaking Bridges (Citizen requests)

viaLbx9.jpg

There is a knock on the office door.

EKSnfgt.jpg

They enter.

afAUFBr.jpg

Adel: You asked to see me?

Ward: Ah, Adel. Excellent timing. Would you mind paying a visit to the atelier for me?

Adel: (...The atelier...) I...

Ward: What is the matter, Adel? If you have other business to take care of, I can ask someone else...

Adel: No, that's all right, General. I will do it. However, we will be departing on our mission soon, is that not so? I would not want to make the others have to wait for me to return...

Ward: From the message they recently sent to us, it seems to be urgent. You had better hurry over. We will not depart without you.

Adel: Understood, General. I will go there immediately.

k5RG7q8.jpg

Lumiere: Sorry for calling you all the way out here...

Adel: ...I don't mind. I heard it was something urgent?

Lumiere: Yes, that's right... I'll let Mr. Virgil explain.

DIu6XLE.jpg

Virgil: I'm an apothecary. I sell herbs, medicines, poultices... those sort of things. Right now, I need your help regarding a particular medicinal herb.

Adel: All right. Tell me more.

Virgil: I make a living by buying ingredients here in Navaron and selling medicines to villages around the countryside. But just recently, I went to a village only to find that it was quarantined... due to the plague.

He's talking about the bubonic plague, of course.

Adel: The plague?!

Virgil: Thankfully, it's not as deadly as it used to be. It can be cured now... if you have the medicine, that is. But distribution is scarce because of the war, and the village didn't have much stored up to begin with. If we leave things as they are, the whole village will be dead within three weeks.

Adel: How dreadful... I can see why this was urgent.

Virgil: Yes... What I need your help with is getting proper medicine to them. Specifically, I need to stock up on cigusa herbs, which are the main ingredient used to make the cure.

Adel: Where can I find those?

Virgil: Just northwest of here... at the town by Fort Remagen. That's why I need your help. I can't go there with the front line of the war so close.

Adel: True, thanks to us, it's about to become a battlefield yet again. It's far too dangerous for civilians like you to get close to there... Or for anyone, honestly... There's just one thing that I want to ask you. The plague... Without medicine, it's as deadly as the Imperial Army itself.

FToCH06.jpg

The conversation falls silent for a few moments.

Adel: ...So, where exactly in Remagen Town can I find these herbs?

Virgil: You mean... you'll help?! Thank you, Sir Adel! Miss Lumiere has a map. She can point out to you where they are.

Lumiere: ...R-Right... Growing cigusa herbs is very difficult, so there's only one place near the city that cultivates them...

0jbTo9O.jpg

Lumiere: Once you find the house, ask for Matthew. He'll help you.

Adel: ...All right. We'll be in the thick of battle, so I can't make any promises, but I'll do my best to get the herbs.

Some nice worldbuilding here. Though I haven't been deploying Adel much, so he might end up being a liability in combat on this mission...

Moving on, the second request is actually a military one:

jQ654og.jpg

1QZNJkD.jpg

Reese: What would that be?

Brighton: One of my operatives has been infiltrating enemy lines and gathering information for some time now. I need you to get in touch with him and exchange information.

Reese: In the middle of the battle?

Brighton: Yes. This information is vital to us. Even a small hint of knowledge can save the lives of thousands.

zeN2zZh.jpg

Brighton: As part of his cover, he is posing as a regular Imperial soldier.

Reese: Is there anything in particular that would make him stand out?

Brighton: That would rather defeat the point, wouldn't it? Or would you rather my spies carry around large banners saying "Hello, I'm a spy!" on them?

Reese looks back at him sheepishly.

Brighton: Maybe this will help: Look for someone who isn't actively trying to kill you. And of course, for the love of the Goddess, don't kill him either.

Reese: ...I understand.

hpKbSqu.jpg

Good to know we have double agents and spies too. This objective can be pretty annoying to accomplish, the reason for which will become apparent in a future update.

For the final request, we're back at the atelier:

y6inSHZ.jpg

fTXOgBr.jpg

Orlando: But I think you're right. Refurbishing these would be cheaper and easier than making new ones.

Danton: Just thinking long-term, you know? The more this war goes on, the more our men's equipment will wear down. Gotta be careful with supplies so they can keep fighting at their best. It's times like these when craftsmen like us really shine!

Orlando: Then I'd better get to work, eh?

Tianna arrives at the atelier:

5YQ50ua.jpg

Danton: We're working out how to best reuse some of the old materials we've got.

Tianna: You seem quite excited about it. What does that entail?

Danton: Well, we've got all this equipment taken off Imperial soldiers... But even though it's made of quality stuff, it's honestly all a load o' junk. Bad design, awful craftsmanship. So we were sayin', what if instead of scrapping them, we just the tweaked the design to make them better? That's the plan, anyway. Orlando's gonna work out the details.

Tianna: I am happy to see that you two are as dedicated to your work as always.

Orlando: Well, the Empire's got more supplies and resources to work with than us.

0HDizvg.jpg

Danton: Oh, yeah. Loads of Imperial artisans have been makin' strides in technology over the past couple o' years. But it seems like since they've got so many resources at their disposal, they're being pretty wasteful.

Tianna: I see... Interesting...

Danton: But as we all know, there's nothin' in this world that's infinite. Someday, those Imperials will start needing to conserve materials too.

Tianna: Well, for the time being, I am glad to know we are in Mr. Orlando's capable hands.

Orlando: You're too kind, Lady Tianna. I'm just doing my job as a craftsman. Say, since you're here, can I ask you to pass on a message to Lord Reese? If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to have a few more of those standard-issue spears the Imperials carry...

Tianna: Their spears in particular?

Orlando: Yeah, that's my current project. Three of them should do it. I'll pay for them, too, of course.

ZduFr39.jpg

Unsurprisingly we're at a resource disadvantage at this stage in the war, but hey, we can recycle some Imperial spears. If you've already got 3 of them in inventory, you can give those to Orlando after the mission if you like.

Endemic

Arcane
Update 155: Chapter 9 - Breaking Bridges (Interludes)

Before we get to preparations for the battle, there is one more story-focused update.

Looks like Sylvis reached the required happiness total from the chapter 8 deployments (her paralogue is a bit different from the others, in that it only becomes available in the following chapter).

yMJahYG.jpg

EeKRCeU.jpg

Sylvis: ...I was doing well until just now, when my afternoon was interrupted by the filthy stench of perfume...

Shaiah: ...I'd say it's better than reeking of sweat, like a certain someone.

Sylvis: I'm afraid I don't put much stock in the opinions of a woman who spends her days off luring men to her bed.

Shaiah: Hmph, tough talk from a woman who couldn't get a man to even glance at her if she tried!

Sylvis draws her weapon.

BWFW3e0.jpg

Shaiah appears to reach for a knife and steps closer.

50HEu9O.jpg

Alex: Please don't... If you must fight, I insist you take your business outside...

Perhaps wanting to avoid drawing attention from the city guard, Shaiah relents.

Shaiah: Hmph...

Sylvis: That man you're so fond of... Is he here in this city?

Shaiah: Who knows? I'm not his keeper.

Sylvis: Don't play dumb with me! I know you're working with Weiss! Where is he?!

Shaiah: I don't know. And if I did, do you really think I'd give him up to you that easily?

L497WM9.jpg

Sylvis: Why, you...!

Shaiah: Still, you're very persistent... Isn't it about time you gave this up?

Sylvis: Don't be ridiculous! I'll never forgive Weiss for how he made a mockery of me! I'll keep hunting him down until the day I die, if I have to!

K8penqg.jpg

Elsewhere in the city, a conversation is being overheard...

Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5H3k3fvOBs

ZoM6Acs.jpg

Rumi's Mom: I just want to make sure you're eating all right.

Rumi: I am, Mother! I ate a lot yesterday, so I'm fine.

Rumi's Mom: Yesterday...? But all you ate yesterday was that one apple, wasn't it? Oh, Rumi... I'm sorry... If your father had survived, we wouldn't have to live like this...

Rumi: But he had to fight to protect the country, didn't he, Mother? Besides, right now we need to find a way to get you well again... As long as you're healthy, I can endure anything... Please don't die, Mother!

Rumi's Mom: Rumi...

Their conversation is interrupted by a knocking sound.

Rumi: Huh? I heard something at the door... I'm coming!

She opens the door but finds only a bag there.

Rumi: W-What...? It's a-- !

Rumi's Mom: What is it, Rumi?

mG3cJO4.jpg

Rumi: This letter was with it... It says, "The righteous shall receive the blessings of Mother Veria."

Rumi's Mom: Rumi... This is a gift from the Goddess...! She is truly watching over us, as I prayed...

Rumi: Thank you, Goddess Veria! Thank you so much!

w3P0mKW.jpg

However, he soon encounters a familiar face.

Sylvis: Weiss!

4k9KISr.jpg

His men step forward to intercept her.

Crewman: Captain, we'll handle this! You hurry back to the ship!

Weiss: No, don't worry about me. You both go on ahead.

Crewman: Yes, Captain...

I21lfJX.jpg

Sylvis: That's the way I do things. You know that.

Weiss: Hah, I'm honoured to get such special treatment from you. Even so, you'll never catch me. Still, you're so very persistent... Maybe that's what I find so cute about you, Sylvis... Why don't you just admit it? We both know the real reason you're chasing after me...

Sylvis: Wha... What?!

Weiss: Still too embarrassed to say it? Well, I'm fine with waiting. Next time we meet, why don't you try dolling yourself up a bit, eh?

Seeing that Sylvis has lowered her guard, Weiss makes his move.

Weiss: See you around, Sylvis. Stay true to me while I'm away.

3RS9HK9.jpg

Sylvis: He got away again... Grr... Weiss!! You can't run from me forever!

DHrmdO9.jpg

9ykCxwq.jpg

Ciel: What kind of flowers are they?

Axel: What kind...? Well, uh... they're... They've got six petals on them, and they're blue, like the Sea of Berre.

Ciel: Ooh, how pretty!

Luciana arrives, prompting Axel to turn his attention to another matter:

RitHX4D.jpg

Axel: ("Meet at me at the tavern tonight... It'll be our special reunion..." ...Signed, Gibry.)

PfJBkMd.jpg

Axel: I need to head out for a little while. Be a good girl and wait here until I get back.

Ciel: ...I will. Come home soon, Papa.

Axel: Yeah...

Later that evening...

pQfiRDS.jpg

Gibry: Glad to see you're still alive.

Axel: Enough with the bull, Gibry. What do you want? Spit it out.

Gibry: Touchy, touchy! I really am glad to see you alive!

Axel: I've left the old days behind me. I'm a different man now. I don't have anything to do with you or your pathetic pirates anymore.

Gibry: Nothing to do with us? Axel, Axel... Listen to yourself! You're just as much one of us as you've always been.

Axel: That's enough, Gibry. I told you, we're through. Now get out of my sight.

Gibry: Have you forgotten all that we've been through together, Axel? Don't you remember seven years ago?

wypb41y.jpg

Gibry: When they made anchor, I snuck on board dressed as one of their sailors... I went down to the lower deck and found their cargo storage, then I swapped out their locks with fakes.

Axel: (That's right... Gibry was always good with locks and sneaking around. He'd drug their drinking water and wait till they were all unconscious... Then it was me and Doros's turn with the other guys. We'd clear out the place from top to bottom of all its loot.)

Gibry: We found jewels, silver, gold, spices... Though we left the salt, since it'd just dissolve when we swam away. We grabbed all that we could and left the city with the loot. Then we stashed it until the owners stopped panicking about the theft and moved on with their lives. After that, Doros said we ought to go split it up between the group.

Axel: (...But then they found us. The city's knights arrested us and killed most of our men, and the rest just scattered... That was the end of that. Come to think of it, Doros never did take the loot out of hiding... It's probably still there...)

Gibry: Well, do you remember or not, Axel?

Axel: Yeah, I remember. But like I said, it's got nothing to do with me anymore. Doros was the one that stashed the treasure, and I don't know where.

QyNSuLT.jpg

Gibry: You told each other everything. I know you and Doros both hated me, even back in our heyday. All the plotting behind my back... You were planning on bumping me off to get a bigger share of the loot!

Axel: You're starting to make me angry, Gibry. I'll say this one more time: I don't know where the loot is.

Gibry: Is that so? Going senile, at your age? I tell you, Axel, all that flower picking has turned your brain to mush.

Axel: ...!

x1CXGUt.jpg

Gibry: You don't want another run-in with the law, do you? Listen close, Axel. I'll be in the area for a while yet. If you say Doros still has the loot, then that's fine with me. You're just gonna have to go find him and take the loot yourself. Unless you want that cute little girl of yours to have a terrible accident... You've got till the next full moon.

Axel is seemingly cowed into silence as Gibry leaves. However, his thoughts are visible to us:

GEZVcMr.jpg

He returns to the abbey.

Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fWrOHoQVVU

AxUC6Ln.jpg

Ciel: You haven't said anything since you came back...

Axel: It's not a big deal...

Ciel: Is it... about me? Am I a burden to you?

Axel: Don't you ever say something stupid like that again!

He pauses for several moments.

Axel: Ah... I'm sorry, Ciel... I shouldn't have yelled like that... Some Papa I am, huh? Ciel, when I look at your face, the world becomes so much more beautiful... But when I look in the mirror, all I can see is my own disgusting face...

OZ2Aqvh.jpg

Axel: Hm?

Ciel: Hold still for a moment...

She reaches out to touch his face.

Ciel: Ah, here is your nose... and your cheeks... I can feel a scar on your brow... Is this what you mean? Don't worry about that, Papa. I think your face is beautiful. I love your face because it's yours, Papa!

Axel stands in silence, shedding a tear or two. This doesn't escape Ciel's notice.

Ciel: ...Papa? What's wrong? Please don't cry...

Axel: I'll be fine, Ciel... Don't worry about me... (I need to find Doros's treasure, for Ciel's sake... If he's still alive, I can only think of one place where he'd be... I have to end this...!)

EsUPA0D.jpg

Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CFVg3tgQlo

gdbBo5B.jpg

Sabrina: ...I've heard a rumour regarding your father's whereabouts.

Arthur: Where?!

Sabrina: In the town of Omrle, which is now occupied by the Imperial Army.

Arthur: Omrle... That's by Fort Remagen.

Sabrina: A Narvian soldier heard from a local that there was a man fitting his description in the town.

Arthur: Are they certain it was him...?

wvmERcY.jpg

Sabrina: I want to believe that as well... But still, if there's any chance that he is still alive...

She steps closer, holding his arm briefly.

3Eqznjt.jpg

Arthur: I will ask Lord Reese to allow me to search for this man you heard of. Perhaps this will be our chance to finally learn the truth...

Sabrina visually expresses her concern.

Arthur: I don't know where Father is, but if there are any clues to be found, I will seek them out.

Sabrina: May the Goddess be with you, Arthur...

cLYZH2R.jpg

Looks like we need to take Arthur and Axel along on the mission, then.

That was a lot to take in, so I'll let the audience respond before I add my own analysis\commentary for these subplots :)

Last edited:

baud

Arcane
Patron
Weiss' action seem a little too Manichaean, I mean there might be subtler ways to show that a character is not evil than him giving money to a widow and an orphan. Or he's hiding a dark past and he's trying to farm good karma?

Endemic

Arcane
I'm not sure that was intended to make him sympathetic necessarily, just to show that he has more going on with his motivations than piracy alone. There will be more on him when Sylvis' paralogue comes up, of course.

Last edited:

Thorakitai

Learned
That could guy could be yet another "Baron" Lane, basically using his charm and good publicity to mask his horrible day job like slavery or other evil shit. His portrait looks evil enough.:)

Endemic

Arcane
could be yet another "Baron" Lane

Hmm? Weiss has been on the guild's wanted list from the start, is described as a dangerous pirate in Sylvis's chat with Tianna\Reese in chapter 5, and Sylvis mentions she's been pursuing him for years.

baud

Arcane
Patron
That could guy could be yet another "Baron" Lane, basically using his charm and good publicity to mask his horrible day job like slavery or other evil shit. His portrait looks evil enough.:)

I though about that, but the only ones who know he's giving money to the poor are his crew (that's why I talked about karma).

Endemic

Arcane
Update 156: Chapter 9 - Breaking Bridges (Equipment and preparations)

Without further ado, let's move on to readying our party for the mission.

gLroVbH.jpg

12 slots means there's enough room to accommodate the citizen requests while retaining our heavy hitters.

New equipment

A ballista is now available for purchase:

8myA8NP.jpg

Pretty standard, but it is the longest range weapon in our arsenal. The next one isn't available for another 4 chapters, so it needs to be used wisely.

r1KtEvV.jpg

As you'd expect, ballista bolts do more damage than arrows.

There's also a new crafting material:

J11HXl0.jpg

I've already crafted the repairstone, so I'll be purchasing it later on for the brionac spear.

Hiring Sylvis (2650) and Axel (380) is the only mercenary expense for now, with the rest of the team already part of the Sinon Knights.

Next, I'll take care of horse management:

ZZiIf3e.jpg

Elbert receives the spry horse (80hp), since his existing mount has seen better days.

VuvAFaX.jpg

Arthur can have another thin horse since I'm cheap :P

FskA67o.jpg

I pick up some additional gear:

Reese - Kiteshield, longsword
Arthur - Killing edge, vulnerary
Sherlock - Longbow, 20 steel arrows, vulnerary
Sylvis - Strongbow, vulnerary
Izerna - Physic, vulnerary
Czene - Vulnerary
Elbert - Vulnerary
Axel - Vulnerary

After those purchases, I still have over 10,000 in reserve for other expenses later in this chapter.

This is going to be the toughest battle yet, so spending 7 repairstone on fixing Gram is worthwhile:

5X7Q8Mm.jpg

Battle Party

V4mwlLg.jpg

I'm loading Reese up with plenty of swords rather than shields, with the intent to stay on the offensive. His horse isn't going to be taking too many more hits anyway.

UH0ZD05.jpg

Elbert on the other hand will be the designated punching bag as usual, so I've given him better quality shields for that purpose. Provoke will come in handy for splitting up enemy formations.

ASTYHai.jpg

Sherlock isn't too hot statistically right now, but Rossweisse combined with the steel arrows will pack a serious punch. His mobility should keep him out of trouble.

mO0ihHa.jpg

When one archer isn't enough, Sylvis can fill in. The +1 range from deadeye in particular will be strong here.

KmNtzVr.jpg

Nothing too fancy for Axel, he's just here to deal with the unfinished business from his past. That said, being able to swim across the river will be an important asset.

i9iPfO0.jpg

Clifford is the second tank of the group, and with the wind spear he will be powerful offensively too. I've kept a limit shield in reserve for him.

3PLi2CI.jpg

Enid's here to burn armoured enemies with Pallas Leia, but keeping her alive to reach her targets could be tricky.

vx9F4GE.jpg

I haven't trained Adel much, so he'll be the rearguard while everyone else clears the enemies in front of the house he needs to visit.

EYL20IJ.jpg

Arthur has both personal business and frontline support to take care of here. To that end, he has the rest of the medium shields I have to spare.

vw9xOsC.jpg

Sherpa has his usual role, killing stubborn things with brymranger and using guard when required. If his personal sword is overkill, the other two weapons should be sufficient.

sGEclbL.jpg

I'll be having Izerna hang back to use physic as needed, getting adjacent for mend\heal is going to be too risky.

NwtWytN.jpg

Czene will do the usual unlocking of gates and chests, and maybe help capture an enemy if circumstances allow.

Last edited:

Endemic

Arcane
Update 157: Chapter 9 - Breaking Bridges (part 1)

The deployment zone is in the southwestern corner:

jG8Rsmq.jpg

To the immediate north, there are some shallows guarded by a group of lance knights, and a quick route to the fort via a small drawbridge.

szDSPVQ.jpg

There's a sniper guarding the bridge controls.

oJL0olR.jpg

He's in range of the raze priest inside the fort (Darkmend has 5 range), and it's highly likely the nearby guards will react to the drawbridge being lowered.

Speaking of which, the big guy across the river is a new enemy class.

5Uw2B6W.jpg

Rather than a shield, the gigas knight's axe is what gives him extremely high defense:

OqTExH3.jpg

The accessory he's carrying gives him some resistance to thunder magic, at the cost of fire vulnerability. This means ember arrows will also be very effective.

tTxTpZh.jpg

To the east, there are troops guarding the road to Remagen Bridge itself:

9xDLc9u.jpg

There are also two buildings with events attached to them; the one near the bridge is where Adel needs to go.

The axeman is unusually tanky and has the vengeful skill.

YEh5GCt.jpg

At the northern end of the bridge, there are tougher defenses.

FYlsU8Y.jpg

Unlike the ones we've encountered before, these ballistae are very accurate:

69trR3w.jpg

The group of lance knights is also a serious threat.

aVIGgTt.jpg

031hp6T.jpg

lPc1cNW.jpg

All of them have the supporter skill, so getting into their range is going to hurt.

The one archer in the northeast by himself might be our spy:

2BkEt4h.jpg

Unfortunately, reaching him means fighting across the bridge in a direct confrontation with all of these defenders.

In the fort itself, there are scattered soldiers and a man in black armour.

EnrQfyG.jpg

Frhnx2E.jpg

Grauve must be the commander of the garrison. At the very least, his stats suggest so.

5reHlkG.jpg

In addition to his dangerous skillset, his shield also has a 33% chance to reflect blocked damage back at the attacker. Definitely not someone you take lightly.

I reposition and begin the fight:

erxENYf.jpg

3ZHpe3s.jpg

Reese: Then, before the enemy has time to gather reinforcements, the engineers will destroy Remagen Bridge.

tBKYjzD.jpg

Ward: Until the bridge is demolished, however, we should be wary of any enemies attacking us from across it.

Reese: Agreed. This river is the last line of defense before the city walls of Navaron. If we don't stop the enemy here, more than fifty thousand lives will be at stake. Therefore, no matter what occurs, we must not fail!

Meanwhile...

DOfcYvU.jpg

Ozama: That's what the officers say, but I don't know if I really believe it myself.

Marvell: That's what I and the others have been saying, too...

Ozama: Still, don't let your guard down. Stay in formation, and don't slack on the basics.

gYM3wDw.jpg

Inside the fort:

wxReWF1.jpg

VyDc9gr.jpg

Davis: What's wrong with having a little snack? We've been working hard for days! You can't just keep feeding us that pig slop and expect us not to keel over!

Guard: I told you to shove it! Unless you wanna eat this arrow through your skull!

Davis: With those piece-of-crap arrows and your piddly arms? You couldn't do it if you tried!

Guard: That's it, I've had it with your big mouth!

8W2dkVV.jpg

Guard: Not all of them, just this one! I'll make an example out of him!

Davis: Heh, you hear that, boss? I think this guard here's gone a bit funny in the head!

9kR6X4l.jpg

Head Engineer: I don't know about you, but I'd like to avoid getting shot in the head. If you've got breath to spare, how's about you try praying to the Goddess?

Engineer #1: Yeah, for goodness's sake, stop being an idiot Davis!

Engineer #2: What he said. Don't upset the guards.

Engineer #3: You trying to get us all killed?

3xbD6Y1.jpg

At the river...

zKqeppj.jpg

Gibry: (Sorry, fellas, but this treasure's all mine now. Guess you'll have to settle down and get real jobs for once.)

nogdiv6.jpg

Now we know where to send Axel. There's also a soft time limit on saving all of the engineers (which gives you additional tactics points).

As the lance knights' conversation indicates, they do have a formation AI that will make fighting them more difficult.

The battle will continue in update 158...

LliUxmB.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom