Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Akkudakku

Arbiter
A solid date is the day Yunzi comes of age. Done deal?
+M

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Obviously there is only one solution to the problem: declare a deathmatch tournament for the #1 waifu spot, Jean-Claude Van Damme style
It does not work that way.

Either Yunzi thrashes Qilin effortlessly on the ring. Or she does not make it to the competition at all. The girls specialize in areas too different for a proper deathmatch.

No, it has to be a cooking contest. They are both inept, so at least the starting conditions are equal.

Last edited:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
It does not work that way.

Either Yunzi thrashes Qilin effortlessly on the ring. Or she does not make it to the competition at all. The girls specialize in areas too different for a proper deathmatch.

No, it has to be a cooking contest. They are equally inept, so at least the starting conditions are equal.
If we have to be the judge of their cooking WE might not make it.

Baltika9

Arcane
Either Yunzi thrashes Qilin effortlessly on the ring. Or she does not make it to the competition. The girls specialize in areas too different for a proper deathmatch.
Yunzi is the straight-up, honorable and extremely physically talented fighter. The JCVD.

Qilin us the wily, do-anything-to-win opportunist. In movie terms, Chong Li.

Nevill

Arcane
Qilin us the wily, do-anything-to-win opportunist. In movie terms, Chong Li.
She also specializes in poisons and traps, and leaves the fighting to the meatshields.

We've seen them both at the tournament, we know how it played out.

Nevill

Arcane
This is wuxia. There are three things to do here: to fight, to drink, and to make sweet love.
“Well, she was beyond my ability to fight in a proper duel, after my initial trap failed. I underestimated her agility and she was cunning enough not to fall for most of my tricks. That, and the tournament frowns on using snakes in a fight. The girl is good, though if you give me a week to prepare I could probably plan a proper plot to drug her and leave her nicely bound up in your bed.”
Guess what Qilin is better at.

Nevill

Arcane
On a different note... now that we have a legendary sword of our own (that was not worth the price we have paid for it, but still), what do you bros think about returning both the Qixing Longyuan blade and Yuchang sword to their rightful owners? Not only it would be a gesture of goodwill to solidify our relationship with the BRO sects in line with our latest visit to Shaolin, but it will also let us have 2 more votes of confidence at the conference. Considering that we don't have that many people we can give the swords to in the first place, it looks like the right move to make.

Jester

Arbiter
Intended to flop to A, still wouldn't make the difference. Well lets see where this take us.

Jester

Arbiter
On a different note... now that we have a legendary sword of our own (that was not worth the price we have paid for it, but still), what do you bros think about returning both the Qixing Longyuan blade and Yuchang sword to their rightful owners? Not only it would be a gesture of goodwill to solidify our relationship with the BRO sects, but it will also let us have 2 more votes of confidence at the conference. Considering that we don't have that many people we can give the swords to in the first place, it looks like the right move to make.
Emm not sure if we should give both of them. If we will give all swords back Emei might politely ask for their sword to and thats something we still need. Giving back Wudang sword might be ok though.

Baltika9

Arcane
I agree with that plan. Makes a whole lot of political sense for both the conference and winning some goodwill for ourselves and the Cult. Especially if Wudang and Emei spread the PR value of this.
We will still have the Chixiao blade left and the vote/authority that comes with it.

Nevill

Arcane
Emm not sure if we should give both of them. If we will give all swords back Emei might politely ask for their sword to and thats something we still need. Giving back Wudang sword might be ok though.
Yuchang sword is the Emei's sword. That's what I propose we give them back.

We will still have the Chixiao blade and our wodao which we will hopefully reforge soon.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Well, at least they didn't take Qilin away to pursue her duties as the sect heiress. Was a bit afraid of that one.

We really, really need a chance to atone for that.

Baltika9

Arcane
Yeah. Something tels me that a quickie and some duck won't be enough this time.
Time to plan Dissapearance of the Golden Emperor 2.0 and take her along with us: stealing the manuals from the Zhang Clan Manor.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Yeah. Something tels me that a quickie and some duck won't be enough this time.
Time to plan Dissapearance of the Golden Emperor 2.0 and take her along with us: stealing the manuals from the Zhang Clan Manor.
Operation Baserape. All your manuals are belong to us.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Ah, -5 rep with Wudu. Looks like they're getting tired of our non-commitance.

You have no idea Baltika9 how scared I was after reading that comment.

I thought that our rep with Wudu Bros went from +50 to -5, before I went back to read relationship page.

I mean holy fuck I almost had heart attack.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
We haven't read the update yet. Who knows? Maybe Qilin has left the building in tears, and the only reason Jing has salvaged some of his rep is because he pledged to find and marry her?

He is going down the slope to insanity you know. Was bound to happen sooner or later, with the 'dex dictating his choices. +M

Nevill

Arcane
He is going down the slope to insanity you know.
I don't really get where that comes from.

We have it on good authority that the effects of the possession won't manifest themselves noticeably until the LP is over. Our possession is centered around the people that need us, and fulfilling that need. Why do we see the demon around every corner?

Don't you think that if Jing ever starts behaving in a way he does not usually behave, as all those talks about the demon SUDDENLY appearing imply, that will serve as a warning about the state we are in that we were told we won't get.

I would suggest assuming that Jing is in a perfectly stable condition now that the demon have received the answer he wanted from him, and not tailoring our choices to the possibility of an unreliable narration, just as we do not tailor them to our luck anymore. At least for the vast majority of the choices we will face from now on.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The Scarlet Scorpion and the Fiery Swordswoman

Tulu Huodu gives you an unblinking, golden stare. “Yes, I already know that you took over the Fire Temple.” Giving the faintest sneer at your surprised face, he continues, “I have my resources. Still, that matters little to me. With Ahura’s defeat, the change in the Temple’s policy meant that they were no longer of any importance. Unless you are planning another invasion of the Central Plains, hm?”

It galls you to admit it, but he is right. The Fire Temple may have the stronger fighters, and perhaps more followers to draw upon, but within the Empire itself they could hardly hope to match the influence and power that the Wudu Cult wield under Tulu Huodu, and they had already been beaten back once before at the height of their strength. Given their remote location, any official alliance would be of little benefit to Tulu Huodu: after all, if the Wudu Cult were in danger, you would likely help them even without an alliance, thanks to your ties through Qilin. The sly old snake knows that.

“A profitable relationship is still possible… but I will not allow the Wudu Cult to become directly subservient to another organization under my niece’s watch.”

“As I said, I propose an equal-“

“Equality is a lie, young Xu Jing. Regardless of your best-laid plans or intentions, human nature ensures that things will not go the way you wish it to be. If that is how you wish it to be.”

“Well, if you are really that unwilling to marry my daughter, I suppose there is no forcing the matter,” sighs Chi Tianxie.

“No, that’s not the case,” you say hurriedly, “Father.”

His expression perks up – you can tell that he’s probably pleased. “Are my old ears deceiving me? What did you just say?”

“You misunderstand my intentions, Father. I do want to marry Qilin. But things are… complicated at the moment. I believe my proposal is the best way to make everyone happy.”

“I think so too,” adds Qilin, a smile fixed on her face. “Father, there is still no hurry. I have established good relations with the other girls, and as I told you before this, they will be powerful, talented allies in the future. Making everyone happy is the most effective plan.”

“If you put it that way…” mulls Chi Tianxie, a thoughtful look in his eyes.

Tulu Huodu shakes his head and lets out a groan. “You are too soft, Tianxie. I suppose this tiring discussion will be going nowhere. Very well. Let us move on to other matters for now.” He glances across the table and says, “Qilin.”

“Y-yes, uncle?”

“I will be retiring at the next Huashan Summit. I will not be participating. You will carry the banner of the Wudu into that fight, and upon the Summit’s conclusion, you will succeed me as the next leader.”

Qilin can only offer a cry of shock in return.

“Oh?” Zhang raises his eyebrows, taking an interest in the conversation again. “Feeling old, Tulu?”

“In a way,” he smiles slyly, but offers no further explanation.

“I can’t participate in the Summit, uncle, I’m nowhere near strong enough!” protests Qilin. “It is just a huge waste of time!”

“Get strong enough. You have the talent to surpass me, but you have neglected training the deeper arts of the Wudu repertoire for a long time now. If you get started at this time, I am sure that with Xu Jing’s aid you will be able to improve quickly. Besides, I do not need you to win it. You only need to remind the world that the Wudu Cult will always be able to carry out its principles with or without me. To demonstrate that its future is in good hands.”

“You need to shape up, dear daughter,” says Chi Tianxie concernedly. “Putting the question of marriage aside, you are still the heiress of our organization. You need to be able to hold your own.”

“Xu Jing.” Tulu Huodu addresses you again, while Qilin is stewing silently in frustration. “You have until the Summit to decide where you want to take your relationship with Qilin. If you cannot commit, or prove to me that you are right, I would advise you to put an end to the affair. For your own sake.” You do not know whether he’s delivering a piece of advice or a warning.

“I will think about it, Uncle Tulu.”

That gets an actual laugh out of him.

“Anyway, if I am going to be pressed about my personal affairs, Father,” says Qilin suddenly, “perhaps you can tell me more about my mother? You know, the one that’s now married to Nie Wuxing?”

Chi Tianxie’s face goes pale. “I… well…”

Tulu Huodu stands up – though you can still discern no emotion from him, you get the feeling that he may be just slightly annoyed. “This is a private matter. Tianxie, I will leave you to talk about it with Qilin on your own. Zhang, if you wouldn't mind?”

“I don’t know… it may prove to be interesting,” grins Master Zhang, lounging in the chair as if he has absolutely no intention to go anywhere.

“Oh, very well,” sighs Tulu Huodu, as if he knew this was going to happen. “I will spar with you for a bit. Is that more interesting?”

Zhang Jue’s eyes twinkle as he gets up slowly. “Yes. That would be more interesting, Tulu.”

You make to follow them, but Qilin catches your wrist, restraining you. Chi Tianxie gives the both of you a puzzled look. “Daughter,” he begins. “Shouldn’t he…”

“No, he is staying here. We are family,” she says flatly. “Jing, sit down.”

You do so obediently.

“You are such a…” Chi Tianxie taps his fingers on the table in exasperation before giving up. “Alright. Alright.” With a heavy sigh, he nods and begins his story.

“Our first meeting was about twenty five years ago. I was a renowned troublemaker and rising star of the Wudu Cult back then. Young, handsome, and brash… not entirely unlike you, Xu Jing, though of course I am still handsome and brash even if older now. Anyway, our initial encounter was when she raided one of our operation centers, and we fought. We were about equal in prowess, and after some time I decided it would be a smarter use of my time to retreat.

I did some investigating into her background afterwards. Trying to identify a threat, you know? Found out her name – Liao Xiuyue – and her background. She was a swordswoman from a minor school in the region, who were affiliated with the Huashan Sect. We crossed paths again and again as she pursued me across the country, together with her Huashan friends. Nie Wuxing, that toady. And of course, Shangguan Chuji, who was a stick of a boy back then and only stayed in the background, never fighting. Who would have thought, eh?

So… she chased me, I fought her… and somehow, after a few years, we just… got together. I left the Wudu Cult to be with her. We had a little cottage out in the woods. Things were happy, for a while. Of course, someone wasn’t, but who cares about him? About a year after you were born, she seemed to be worried about something. Her behaviour changed a bit. She became colder. Sharper. She was always a fiery, clumsy woman, but afterwards…

Well, at any rate, she received a message from her old master, seeking help. She told me that it would be all right, that she could handle it and that she’d be back soon. She left. Of course, I went looking for her. I’m not sure if you remembered when I left you with your aunt for a few years, Qilin, but during that period of time I was busy searching for your mother. I never found her. It was as if she had vanished off the face of the earth.

The next time I saw her, she was married to another man. There was… well, a confrontation. Huodu had to intervene, and the less said about that event, the better. He was already not very happy when I ran off to be with her, and then came back only to dump a kid in his and Huishe’s laps before disappearing again.“

“Well, I wouldn’t mind if it was a kid as cute as her,” you say.

“Oh, do you want me to be dumped in your lap? That can be arranged, dear,” replies Qilin, placing her arms around you.

“Please don’t do this in front of me,” groans her father. "If the two of you can act like this in public, why can't you just get married already?"

Having told his story, Chi Tianxie quickly takes his leave, evidently feeling a little uncomfortable at having to share the tale. Qilin is quiet.

“Are you alright?” you ask.

“It’s fine.” She smiles slightly. “I’ll talk with you later. For now, I need to think.” Standing up, she leaves the tea room. You follow her out, but at the entrance you bump into Yifang and Lingshu. They look a bit shaken.

“Ah, you’re back. Did things not go well with Emei?” you venture.

“N-no, it’s not that,” stutters Yifang. “It’s just that…”

“I think we saw the Southern Maniac and the Western Snake battling in the middle of the street,” says Lingshu, still in shock. “A-anyway… about Emei, they gave us this letter. Oh, and we picked up your sword on the way back.”

You thank them for their work. Lingshu hands you a piece of paper, which you take and unfold. Interesting. Emei has decided to appoint you as their legitimate representative at the Ten Swords Conference. As the wielder of the Yuchang Sword, your voice would be Emei’s voice.

“They were happy that you asked us to approach them,” explains Yifang. You think that most of the credit in persuading them is probably due to her; these were her ex-colleagues after all, and by all accounts Yifang was very well-loved in Emei. Though, of course, being strict nuns, they would rarely admit it.

Still, you now had three Great Swords at your disposal. You wonder if it would be a good idea to spread out possession of the swords, passing them on to your allies. Master Zhang had not been all too interested in them; in fact, he seemed more amused at your wedding predicament than your return with two more of those coveted swords. Of course, it was a given that you would return the Qixing Longyuan Sword to Wudang, but as for the others…

For the Yuchang Sword, you…

A. Keep it for yourself, as you have been legitimately designated Emei’s representative anyway. It is the Great Sword that you have the most experience in using.

B. Pass it on to Yifang, who would be able to make extremely good use of it as an ex-Emei member and a talented sword user. It might even be more efficient in her hands compared to yours.

C. Return it to Emei, who are likely to be even more pleased at this gesture. Having the Castration Nuns with you on the island for the conference will be useful.

For the Chixiao Sword, you…

A. Keep it for yourself – it is a powerful weapon, as evidenced by the Sword Demon using it to slice apart sword qi with ease. With your skill you should be able to use it freely, though it may not suit a couple of your sword moves.

B. Pass it on to Lingshu; the sword fits her fighting style best, and it would likely increase her combat ability by leaps and bounds, as well as boosting her reputation for when she decides to take back Qingcheng.

C. Make plans to offer it to Shun or Xiahou Yu, should either of them want it. They may not be the best swordsmen, but the possibility of having their voice added to yours during the conference is a tempting political benefit.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
CA
Gotta keep one for ourselves, and like I said before, getting more of those sects on our side is a very, very wise move. That being said, if we want to keep the Yuchang, it would only make sense to give the Chixiao to Shun.
About a year after you were born, she seemed to be worried about something. Her behaviour changed a bit. She became colder. Sharper. She was always a fiery, clumsy woman, but afterwards…
Well, at any rate, she received a message from her old master, seeking help. She told me that it would be all right, that she could handle it and that she’d be back soon. She left. Of course, I went looking for her. I’m not sure if you remembered when I left you with your aunt for a few years, Qilin, but during that period of time I was busy searching for your mother. I never found her. It was as if she had vanished off the face of the earth.
Thank Ean and Shulgi we didn't let her venture off to Huehueshan on her own. Something big happened there. Also, Wuxing is a total beta fedoratard.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Not sure what you're talking about. Fedoras? I'll have you know that Nie Wuxing is a total gentleman, who was trained personally by the legendary Huashan swordsman, the Southern Gentleman.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom