Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Morrowind mods are a fucking jungle

I think that's the joke. Every successful adventurer in these backwoods carries around a couple of Divine Intervention scrolls, we don't like outlanders, you look bittergreen green, outlander, etc. I think anyone who has played this game for a bit will have these lines etched in their brains.

I ask myself... do I like you enough to tell you about this?

I can heartily give you a lecture about a foyada though.

DraQ

Arcane
I think that's the joke. Every successful adventurer in these backwoods carries around a couple of Divine Intervention scrolls, we don't like outlanders, you look bittergreen green, outlander, etc. I think anyone who has played this game for a bit will have these lines etched in their brains.

I ask myself... do I like you enough to tell you about this?
Mystery solved - sea was playing female orc witch (PER 25, no points sunk into STR).

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
That's about the least likely candidate for Nerevarine, ever. Everyone knows those inferior pig people can't be heroes. :obviously:

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Malacath isn't even a proper daedric lord - a reject god for the reject race. :smug:

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Quite the contrary - Malacath is the shit.

Now now, Molag Bal's the coolest of them all. Lord of Tastefulness and other fun stuff. :thumbsup:

Dreaad: Yeah they were aldmer that got Tolkien'd when Malacath was born.

Now now, Molag Bal's the coolest of them all. Lord of Tastefulness and other fun stuff. :thumbsup:

japanese schoolgirl disagrees

tumblr_mibfz9N1FI1qckecyo1_500.gif

rape of :mhd: > tasteful rape

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I picked up the Morrowind Overhaul Mod 3.0 by following one of the links here: http://www.ornitocopter.net/v3-0-release/ as Toffeli suggested.

Trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d69wYi3_LWo

It does greatly improve the graphics of the game and I didn't have to deal with a crap ton of confusing mods to make it work as much of the work is done for you. With the overhaul it really blows the vanilla setting of Oblivion away. The odd architecture and alien creatures really are stunning an imaginative. Man, watching the trailer and playing the first part where I can see a silt rider in the distance makes me so disappointed in Oblivion and Skyrim and the missed opportunities Bethesda had to make an interesting and different fantasy world.

What I like about Morrowind Overhaul is that the graphic replacement part is mostly faithful to original art direction. Not all of them are winners, but for the most part, especially regarding architecture, they are.

You can always disable it though.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I picked up the Morrowind Overhaul Mod 3.0 by following one of the links here: http://www.ornitocopter.net/v3-0-release/ as Toffeli suggested.

Trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d69wYi3_LWo

It does greatly improve the graphics of the game and I didn't have to deal with a crap ton of confusing mods to make it work as much of the work is done for you. With the overhaul it really blows the vanilla setting of Oblivion away. The odd architecture and alien creatures really are stunning an imaginative. Man, watching the trailer and playing the first part where I can see a silt rider in the distance makes me so disappointed in Oblivion and Skyrim and the missed opportunities Bethesda had to make an interesting and different fantasy world.

I've been looking to replay Morrowind with the Overhaul mod, but its companion Game Experience mod, which was meant to overhaul the game from a gameplay standpoint the same way Overhaul does with graphics and make the two perfectly compatible, seems to be stuck in limbo.

Grim Monk

Arcane
Never played the game before and I've got a technical question for you Morrowind experts.

When I'm walking about the game will occasionally freeze for about 1 second.
This happens regularly, other then that it runs smoothly.

Example: Starting at the North Gate of Balmora and walking till I cross the bridge I'll get 2-3 such freeze-ups.

Its not really game breaking, but is a mild irritation...

Is this just a normal shortcoming of the game?

Yes and no. It's probably just the loading cell procedure that's taking too long, but you can try changing the INI.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Ini_Settings

These settings in particular.

DontThreadLoad
  • This setting enables or disables loading cells in a thread. If DontThreadLoad is disabled, cells will be loaded in the background without a loading bar, but it can cause some jerkiness.
  • Values: 0 = No, 1 = Yes
ThreadPriority
  • This setting is the priority of the loading thread if DontThreadLoad is set to 0. Setting this to 0 will cause the thread to run at normal priority, a negative value will cause the thread run at a lower than normal priority and a positive number will cause the thread to run at a higher priority than normal. A lower priority (negative value) will give the main thread more CPU resources, but will increase loading time, a positive number will give the cell loading thread more CPU resources but will cause the main thread to run slower, and 0 will give them equal CPU resources. It is suggested to set this to a negative value.
  • Values: -X - X
ThreadSleepTime
  • This is the amount of time (in milliseconds) that the cell loading thread will 'sleep' between iterations. The loading thread constantly loops to see if a cell needs to be loaded and sleeps between iterations to reduce the CPU resources used. A lower value will increase the amount of iterations per second at the main thread's expense. The default value is advised, but if you are experiencing performance issues, you can try slowly increasing this value.
  • Values: Positive integer

DraQ

Arcane
Never played the game before and I've got a technical question for you Morrowind experts.

When I'm walking about the game will occasionally freeze for about 1 second.
This happens regularly, other then that it runs smoothly.

Example: Starting at the North Gate of Balmora and walking till I cross the bridge I'll get 2-3 such freeze-ups.

Its not really game breaking, but is a mild irritation...

Is this just a normal shortcoming of the game?
It's probably caused by buffering new cells as you move around. Try fiddling around with thread loading and cell buffer settings in your .ini

Grim Monk

Arcane
I tried editing them but nothing seemed changed to change.

Only thing that had a visible effect was "DontThreadLoad" which caused a "Area Loading" to appear about 70% of time when it happened.

Judging from Youtube videos most people seem to get those from time to time, don't know if in my case its worse or not...

P.S. My Dunmer Knight is currently getting 2 hit killed :D by "Cave Rats"...

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Was that one of the stock classes with just martial skills as majors? You'll want to bump up your restoration or alchemy at the very least - otherwise you're going to have a bad time. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom