Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MP for me and my Mrs.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
You can't play HoM&M forever. D:OS will not run on our laptop, and she doesn't want to play BG. Our LAN options are limited to oldies, since the other laptop is a Vista piece of shit. So for newer stuff we need hot seat. And it can't be too new since our main laptop is shit as well.
Action games are probably out of the question. We've played Portal 2 and she liked it a lot ( of course she did). So perhaps a slow-paced, forgiving tactical game would work. SWAT 4 would be nice. I doubt she would try it though.

Panzer General like games aren't really designed with mp in mind. Field of Glory II is installed and ready, but it's not really pick up and play.
RTSs are cool, but we've played enough of those.

List of things we've tried:
Portal 2
BG2
Starcraft
AoE2
Empire Earth
Warcraft 3
Diablo 2
Trine 2
Civ 4/5
Battle Chess
Starwhal
The Jackbox Party Pack

She's scared of Worms ( fucking girls, I should get a silicon doll ffs), but she just said she's ready to give it another try.

So if you guys can recommend some tactical, interactive, turn based, easy to run games that do not require controllers it would be nice. Other games are welcome too.

You can also use this thread to shit on wymyn.

Last edited:

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Stardew Valley for some homogay with your manwife
Minecraft/Terraria to check if she has a touch of the tism
Factorio to find out if she is 100% sperglorg tismtastic
Dungeon Keeper 1&2?
If you're happy with a sexless marriage find a version of Tetris or Dr Mario

Plaguecrafter

Novice
Overcooked! 2 is fun, but I'm not sure if you'd be able to run it on Vista as they say on the Steam page that its minimum requirement is Win7.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
10489446605_72dfa2791b_z.jpg

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Dr. Drago's Madcap Chase is my staple recommendation for on-site multiplayer, especially with wives.

1-8 players compete in a mad race across Europe as you try to amass as much wealth as possible, boardgame-style. (That means you roll dice and move across squares.)

The troubles truly start once Dr. Drago gets involved, as he drains your resources like the monkey on your back that he is.

Only problem I can foresee is getting your hands on a working copy as this is a 1995 German game that's mostly abandoned and forgotten today.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Age of Empires 1 (just for the wololololo, if nothing else).
Age of Wonders 2: TWT.
HoMM 4 as a horror game.
I think Knights and Merchants had multiplayer, but it has been like 20 years since I've played that game, so I might not be accurate.
I know this is not a multiplayer or hotseat game, but Neighbours From Hell 1 and 2, is superfun to play as a couple. Just play 1 level each.
Never played Patrician 3 in MP, but I think it's still doable even today, and it runs on almost anything.

I can't come up with anything else right now, and you should be more than fine with all the other suggestions.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom