Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Obsidian hired Sam Fisher's little brother

mjorkerina

Scholar
Andhaira said:
I don't think obisidan is capable of prducing something by themselves. They don't seem to have the talent tomake a complete, unique game. Imean, they even botch working engines (Odyessey for instance; it was butchered in kotor2)

Second,they made the arurora engine unstable, somehow in NWN2. Stupidty like that takes real talent.

It wont be long until they are out of bzness. It will probably happen after the alien rpg.

I can't believe you are able to make sense like that. Did someone hack your brain ?

Switch Arcanum with Torment, Troika with BIS and Fallout with BG

Torment is the black isle exception in the deluge of "me too" they shat out. Likewise, MoTB is the only redeeming creation of Obsidian. With those guys it's not the rule, it's the exception.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Morgoth said:
GlobalExplorer said:
Noticed how the pc wears a gun in every screenshot? This promises very refreshing gameplay indeed.
What do you expect? That he holds his cock in his hands?

LOL. If it would allow free roaming and advancing without shootouts, I wouldn't mind.

mjorkerina

Scholar

NiM82

Prophet
I think the super bright light their emitting means ambient light probably wouldn't hamper their 'effectiveness'.

Anaglyph

Novice
GlobalExplorer said:
LOL. If it would allow free roaming and advancing without shootouts, I wouldn't mind.

Haha! Good one. What's your next joke?

I've just played Bloodlines again so I'm kinda bitter about the richness that started leaking out of the game after Santa Monica.

Nael

Arcane
mjorkerina said:
Andhaira said:
I don't think obisidan is capable of prducing something by themselves. They don't seem to have the talent tomake a complete, unique game. Imean, they even botch working engines (Odyessey for instance; it was butchered in kotor2)

Second,they made the arurora engine unstable, somehow in NWN2. Stupidty like that takes real talent.

It wont be long until they are out of bzness. It will probably happen after the alien rpg.

I can't believe you are able to make sense like that. Did someone hack your brain ?

Andhaira, so far as I have been able to tell has been using reverse RPG Codex psychology since his/her "arrival". Basically they started off by purposely posting things they knew would raise the collective ire, pretentiousness, and most importantly attention of this community. I tested it out myself and found I got more of a response and connection with people on this forum by lambasting one of their most beloved games in this thread. People came out of the woodwork to notice me. Hilarious. People around here are just far too predictable, and Andhaira's smart enough to realize that. Your apparent expectations are a witness to that effect.

So I salute Andhaira. You are a professional attention whore.

Erzherzog

Magister
I've yet to form an opinion on this game since I know so little about it at the current time.

But what do I know?

Draikin

Novice
Nael said:
I still think the four eyed night vision goggles are the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.
I've seen them before. It's funny because Ragnar Tornquist and MCA are my favorite game writers and they both think stealth+action will somehow make their games reach the mass market. It didn't work for Dreamfall.

-Pavlos-

Novice
Andhaira said:

I've spent some time working with the Odyssey engine and I fail to see how Obsidian "butchered" it. Let me say that Odyssey is the buggiest engine the world has ever known, regardless of which developer is using it. I've come to the conclusion that it runs on pixie dust and the tears of cherubims.

Anyway: I reserve judgement on this title but I'm of the opinion that Game Informer's editor is either sleeping at his desk, a monkey, or drunk.

Atrokkus

Erudite
The protagonist reminds me of a russian actor who played in a very recent (and very good) Russian ww2 movie ("Мы из будущего", if anyone's interested):
hq123404165815fv1.jpg

NiM82

Prophet
-Pavlos- said:
I've spent some time working with the Odyssey engine and I fail to see how Obsidian "butchered" it. Let me say that Odyssey is the buggiest engine the world has ever known, regardless of which developer is using it. I've come to the conclusion that it runs on pixie dust and the tears of cherubims.

Got to agree. KOTOR 1 is the buggiest Bioware game ever, it crashed regularly and wouldn't even run for a lot of people until the first patch came out. Obsidian had a very shit engine to work with, they also had bugger all time to fix things.

Texas Red

Whiner
Atrokkus said:
The protagonist reminds me of a russian actor who played in a very recent (and very good) Russian ww2 movie ("Мы из будущего", if anyone's interested):
/quote]

New WW 2 Russian movie :roll:? I wish they would stop doing these along with cop shows. There is more to history than WW 2 or the Russian Empire. Damn, I'd really like to see some early Kiev, viking and Rurik action.

MetalCraze

Arcane
The Walkin' Dude said:
New WW 2 Russian movie :roll:? I wish they would stop doing these along with cop shows. There is more to history than WW 2 or the Russian Empire.

so +1. also I like how they show that bandits are good and the empire was good too.

Maia

Novice
skyway said:
so +1. also I like how they show that bandits are good and the empire was good too.

While I agree with you about the bandits, the late empire _was_ much preferable to what followed it.

And of course, there is a ton of colorful historical stuff one could make movies about - if they had money, that is.

Atrokkus

Erudite
The "My iz budushego" flick is more of a social commentary and (good) propaganda movie, rather than a WW2 historic drama... in fact, it uses WW2 only as a stage on which it exhibits strong anti-neofaschistic and patriotic notions. I gave it 8/10, really well-done.

dagorkan

Arbiter
Have any movies been made about Michel Strogoff? Was one of my favorite novels when I was a kid.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Maia said:
And of course, there is a ton of colorful historical stuff one could make movies about - if they had money, that is.

they can't have money for good historical movies. they spend money on "sci-fi"s with magically flying Gaz trucks.

Atrokkus

Erudite
Though I agree that most of the "New Russia" movies are crap, but there are still several notable examples of the opposite: "1612", "12", "My iz budushego", "Daun Haus", "Ostrov", "Grozovye Vorota", "Ya ostayus'", "Kuka"...
Hell i even liked the teen romantic comedies like "Ot 180 i vyshe" and "Piter FM"
That's quite a lot for the "dark times" of Russian cinema, I mussay.

Oh and Goblin will soon release his documentary about Afghan war (Правда о девятой роте).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom