Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Obsidian Reveals 'Project Eternity' - Kickstarter Live

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Damn, already over $100k pledged. This is moving fast, great to see!

:takemyjewgold: Completely majestic, PC RPG gamers have been waiting years for true RPGs to come out. Now we got at least two with WL2 and now Project Eternity.
I am pledging $65, with the stretch goals could be making me put in more later.:kfc:

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Still gonna hold out, whether I'll get the signed or regular CE will depend on what they decide to reveal before the kickstarter closes.

Deleted member 7219

The party-based, Infinity Engine-influenced things threw me a bit. The only Infinity game I ever liked was Planescape Torment, and I think that was because it made every effort to NOT be like the other IE games. And my favourite games are always the ones where it is about you and your own choices. Still, I have a lot of faith in Obsidian, they deliver time and time again (even Alpha Protocol, which had great moments of roleplaying despite being mediocre overall). I've pledged $35 so I can get all the nice extras.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
RTwP was the first step down the slipperly slope of decline that lead to the current state of RPGs being FPP or OTS RT games.

I might buy and enjoy the game if the writings good (and it probably will be), but I will not pay anyone to create the clusterfuck of RTwP combat.
I dunno. RTwP has never really managed to be done well because there are so few games that have actually been built with it in mind from the ground up. Baldur's Gate and all other Infinity Engine games were always a mishmash of D&D rules held together by a lot of compromises and changes. I think you could have much more success with RTwP by actually designing interactions, skills, timing, etc. with the temporal element in mind, rather than abstracting "turns" as X seconds or simultaneous rounds or whatever.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
^ Sell party members to slavery for profit, buy kewl lewtz for your own character and play through the game solo. :incline:

mondblut

Arcane
A BG copycat with shit combat and lots of pretentious storyfaggotry. WHO would have thought?

Yawn.

Tigranes

Arcane
Yep. To me both TB and RTwP can make for some great RPG combat, just has to be done right. And since we have W2 and other TB games in the pipeline it's a good decision.

The big thing I'm looking for is how specifically they're going to modify the IE formula, e.g. in Sawyer's rule system or world design. We want it to be similar, not the same.

catfood

AGAIN
I will only pledge my hard earned potato money if they offer a DRM-free version. I am not infecting my computer with AIDS*

*an anagram for STEAM.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
And it'll be PC only, because Avellone is "tired of designing content and interactions that caters to consoles and console controllers."

Truly, He is great.

:bravo:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Double Fine was 1 million after 24 hours, though.
And relax, it'll probably be DRM free if people keep whining. Hasn't every Kickstarter so far caved in on this?

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
And meanwhilst, Larian is already developing Divinity: Original Sin, a turn-based isometric RPG with a much smaller team and without Kickstarter, and nary a fuck being given.

2EeCv.gif

Sleepwalker

Novice
Holy shit. I page away for 10 minutes and the fund total goes up by $50,000? Fuck yes.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Double Fine was 1 million after 24 hours, though.

Sure, but it had the benefit of the additional hype, being the first one and all. Or has some other KS since been even faster?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom