Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

OUTTA GAS - post-apocalyptic turn-based shooting gallery RPG

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.outtagas.com

In OUTTA GAS, you play as “Full Metal” Jack on an epic quest to find gas in a post-apocalyptic wasteland RPG. Travel across four unique acts and blast your way through a bizarre cast of monsters to achieve your goal and get back on the road. Will you make it to the Party at the End of the World on time?

Features
  • Unique shooting gallery combat lets you destroy body tiles to damage monster health and decrease their combat stats. Go for the eyes to reduce their aim, take out legs to make them easier to hit, or blast away claws and teeth to decrease their power - it’s all up to you! Decimate your enemies bit by bit!
  • Over 25 weapons add spice to your savagery. Slash, shred, explode, burn, radiate, or inflict pain on your enemies in many other ways!
  • Over 200 weapon upgrades to increase your deadliness and overall badassery.
  • Over 70 unique monsters to strategically disassemble, any way you like. Master your enemy’s anatomy, uncover their weaknesses, and use the perfect weapon to destroy them in style!
  • Over 50 utility items to fine tune your death-dealing experience. It’s after the apocalypse - do things YOUR way!
  • Over 50 character upgrades to unlock new abilities on your way to becoming the ultimate wasteland warrior!

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I'll have to try this eventually, the reviews of the Early Access version vaguely suggest fun combat, various customization options (weapons & upgrades) and secrets to find but I'm still really not sure about what to expect in practice.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Were the graphics made by 8 year olds or something? Also, what does this trash have to do with RPGs? Bleh.

ColCol

Arcane
The game is pretty decent. Pure combat and exploring, nothing else. Combat is a mixture of jrpg-like combat and fallout Vats system. You get a turn and the enemy gets a turn. Each turn you get three action points to do with as you please. You have three equipped weapons at a time and you will be spending your turns choosing a weapon and a body part to attack the enemy on. Hitting the enemies in certain spots will weaken their ability to hit, dodge, may hurt them a lot more than normal, and more. In one battle, for example, I was running out of resources and only managed to survive because I took out the monster's eyes and it could no longer hit me. Weapons can also have different effects, like bleeding damage over time. You also have a large number of consumable drugs that you will use, like one that refreshes your ap instantly.

Last edited:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I'll likely wait to be able to play on a better pc to go on but based on the only hour I spent on the game it seems to be very fun with many customization options (weapons and upgrades) to spend you money meat on, actual resource management and a cool combat system. If not then I don't know but if the proposed metal mood and dismembering appeal to you then I think you should at very least give the demo a try.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom