Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Gerrard

Arcane
Or you could pick a different skill and have 3 times the damage. Try leveling with this garbage.

Like I said: I don't really recommend this Skill. It's totally viable for everything, but not competitive at all.
Mathil did uber Elder with Glacial Hammer, does that mean it's a good skill now?

Last edited:
You don't. Cannibalism on Haku (or whoever high-ranking, really) is basically a massive "you have to have DPS this high to ride the rollercoaster" sign. Never-ever promote him or give him items, fucker's scary.

This might actually be the league where I go full SC, the amount of insta-shots (I'm looking at you, Tora) combined with lag spikes is just too much for me.

Gerrard

Arcane
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/a4z1q2/1_totem_veiled_mod_was_removed_from_the_game/
Okay, we've had a talk about this, and we're going to re-enable the mod. It'll be rare, and expensive to craft, as its power deserves. We'll make sure it's patch noted when it is added in. Save up your iLevel 75+ shields with Veiled Prefixes until that happens!
L
M
A
O
In before the mod is like 0.1% and costs 2 Ex to craft

>B-b-but it's not a loss of damage!

E: I'm sure this whole thing is because of Arc anyway, fucking typical for GGG to completely miss the mark with "balance"

Last edited:
78 lvl now with Armag Brand Elementalist, honestly it's not as bad as I expected. Considering the shit gear I have (and I mean really shit, uncapped resistances etc. basically playing self-found with 3 items that I bought for about 4C) - the clearspeed and ST are decent enough to make me comfortable in yellow maps. Not sure about going further though, any possible upgrades that will spike my deeps are really damn expensive and I had shit luck this league, usually by the time I finish the story I get at least one exalt drop, not this time though, no valuable leveling uniques either. Overall it plays like an ele version of essence drain with less survivability and worse DPS. Not sure if I want to give up on it just yet, but it seems a bit on the meh side. Brands mechanically are like a missing link between totems and traps that no one really asked for.

Btw are there any good builds with a lot of movement speed? I'd imagine raider or pathfinder should have something suitable

Last edited:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can you guys please stop posting here?
My Steam backlog is rather big and I'd like to get through some games there instead of getting the increasing urge to play through Path of Exile again by you bringing up this topic all the time.

Thank you.

HOOOO BOY
astramentis.png

2x arc totems is the main dps.
Just switched to arc totem hierophant and... holy shit, the damage is just bonkers, even when horribly undergeared.

On that note: I'm really tempted to take Sanctuary of Thought instead of Conviction of Power - seems like a nice boost to survivability and I can always generate power charges some other way. Thoughts?

ArchAngel

Arcane
2x arc totems is the main dps.
Just switched to arc totem hierophant and... holy shit, the damage is just bonkers, even when horribly undergeared.

On that note: I'm really tempted to take Sanctuary of Thought instead of Conviction of Power - seems like a nice boost to survivability and I can always generate power charges some other way. Thoughts?
I switched from Winter Orb totems to Freezing Pulse totems. I will switch again to Glacial Cascade totems when I reach higher levels and right gear.

T. Reich

Arcane

Sanctuary of Thought is a rather niche node, with limited general applicability.
I mean, sure, if you need that reduced mana cost etc, but why?

T. Reich

Arcane
78 lvl now with Armag Brand Elementalist, honestly it's not as bad as I expected. Considering the shit gear I have (and I mean really shit, uncapped resistances etc. basically playing self-found with 3 items that I bought for about 4C) - the clearspeed and ST are decent enough to make me comfortable in yellow maps. Not sure about going further though, any possible upgrades that will spike my deeps are really damn expensive and I had shit luck this league, usually by the time I finish the story I get at least one exalt drop, not this time though, no valuable leveling uniques either. Overall it plays like an ele version of essence drain with less survivability and worse DPS. Not sure if I want to give up on it just yet, but it seems a bit on the meh side. Brands mechanically are like a missing link between totems and traps that no one really asked for.

Btw are there any good builds with a lot of movement speed? I'd imagine raider or pathfinder should have something suitable

I tried armageddon brind briefly while leveling, and I though it's ass.
However, a good deal of streamers I watch on YT are playing it rather successfully and are giving it praise enough to make me reconsider my opinion.
I still don't like the fact that it takes its goddamn sweet time to drop on enemies after getting triggered.

However, a good deal of streamers I watch on YT are playing it rather successfully and are giving it praise enough to make me reconsider my opinion.
I still don't like the fact that it takes its goddamn sweet time to drop on enemies after getting triggered.

Aye, hence the trap/totem comparison. I don't like the itemization for it so much more, Nycta's Lantern is a great cheap option for getting pseudo 5-link very early, but then you can get like what, 2 emberwakes and then pray for exalt drops to be able to afford the next upgrade, the gap is real and it's damn wide. DPS wise that is, as far as survivability goes it's pretty safe even with shit gear (again, similarity to totems/traps comes into play), the thing just keeps bouncing/prolifirating ignite and is especially good in chokey maps akin to Phantasmagoria and the like.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Gotta love it when you do uber atzoobi for the challenge and get a 7ex return on your 40c investment for the mortal set.
ffeb9cc806.jpg

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Gotta love it when you do uber atzoobi for the challenge and get a 7ex return on your 40c investment for the mortal set.
ffeb9cc806.jpg

Nice. I've never had a good drop from Uber Atziri, I always get that damn mask. Was that your first kill?

I defeated the syndicate mastermind last night, the part I didn't realise was that it wipes all your other safehouse progress when you do it.

Most frustrating.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
My one and only uber Atziri kill handed me Disfavour which I sold for 3 ex back then (abyss or bestiary league I think) good times.

Saark Is that a trapper build? always wanted to try one fo them but without lightning traps, yours captured my interest.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Definitely lucked out on the uber kill, lets see if the acuity actually sells. If it doesn't I might just make a winter orb build at some point and use them for that one.

Build is a firetrap ascendant that mostly scales damage through added damage to spells, by using the recently buffed Martyr of Innocence as well as Malachais Awakening and a crapton of abyss jewels. Picked ascendant for the life regen/blind from saboteur and some ailment immunity/pen from Inquisitor. Basically just stacking added damage to spells through items/abyss jewels, running 5L Firetrap in a shroud of the lightless for the all-elemental penetration. 5L is Firetrap+Cluster Trap+Charged Traps+Trap/Mine Damage+Inc Critical Strikes. Gonna get rid of the Martyr once I get a good caster dagger with open affixes.

Build is loosely based on this one: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2173888

Last edited:

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Got a Tabula Rasa in Act 1 on the first character I roll in this league :love:

Oh wow, I've been playing since the game only had two acts, but never knew that you could get the Vaal Overlord stuck in the summoning phase if you kill the summons fast enough. Thanks Arc!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom