Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Codex Fundraiser - Join The Codex Crusade

Discussion in 'RPG Codex News & Content Comments' started by Infinitron, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Tags: Owlcat Games; Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Chris Avellone and the crazy Russians from Owlcat Games have joined forces once again to create Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, their followup to 2018 Codex GOTY Pathfinder: Kingmaker. This time we've gotten our Codex fundraiser online before the end of its Kickstarter campaign for a change. That gives us plenty of time to win one of these fabulous prizes:

$1500 - Design a Monument
    $2000 - Design a Familiar
    $2500 - Create an NPC Face
    $4000 - Design an NPC
    $5000 - Design a Quest
    Just like last time, if you pledge to our fundraiser you'll get exactly what you would have gotten if you'd pledged the same amount directly to the Kickstarter. Owlcat will even set you up with an account on their backer portal so you won't have to bug us for your keys when the game comes out. Here's a list of the basic tiers:

$28 - Digital Download
    $40 - Premium Digital Download (includes more bonus in-game items)
    $55 - Boxed Edition
    $99 - Beta Early Access
    You can also add an additional $15 to your pledge to get the Alpha Early Access when that comes out. Check out the Kickstarter page for the full list of available tiers and add-ons.

:whiteknight:

Our Kingmaker fundraiser back in 2017 was a success in large part due to a generous donation from wealthy Codex philanthropist Temaperacl. Now that we know how awesome Owlcat are and with much more time to go before the end of the Kickstarter campaign, can we beat its record without him? Donate now and let's find out!

• Brofist x 13
    • cuck x 2
    • Participation Award x 1
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • Cheers!! x 1
    • incline x 1
    • decline x 1
    • meh x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • Deus Vult x 1
    • Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. deuxhero Arcane

deuxhero
    So will we do the prior (since WotR takes place before the Pitax chapter) misadventures of Blakemoor for the quest or will we be forced to create something original?

^ Top  
  3. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Is Temaperacl even alive anymore?

• Despair Despair x 2
    • "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Lawntoilet Learned

Lawntoilet
    I already backed the KS, but if I pledge $15 through the Codex fundraiser, can I still get Alpha access added on?

I'll likely throw in $15 either way, just wondering.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • sheeple sheeple x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. Alex betthurt

Alex
    Is there any option that will get the inevitable DLCs and add-ons that will come later?

• Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. VentilatorOfDoom RPG Codex Staff

VentilatorOfDoom
    I hope we also get to do another quest, right? Siroket quest was pretty good in KM.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    We can probably arrange that.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Nina39 Novice

Nina39
    "$5000 - Design a Quest"

$50000000 - You own Owlcat Games

• Funny Funny x 3
    • That's an Elephant That's an Elephant x 2
    • Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. deuxhero Arcane

deuxhero
    Has anyone found commentary on the Codex quest from people not in on the joke? I'll I've found are walkthroughs and talking about the massive XP it gives, but never found anyone talking about the content (though I'm only going through text and not looking through video playthroughs). Want to find what people thought of it. I've seen lots of people surprised the PoE inn was backer content.

Anything that indicates just what "design a familiar" is? Is it just a visual that will get Owlcat assigned status?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 3
    ^ Top  
  10. Lagole Gon Arcane Patron

Lagole Gon
    We should at least reach $2000 design a Familiar tier. Maybe we can put a miniature Rectum Gobbler from Stones of Arnhem in the game. The world must know!

• Yes Yes x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. oldmanpaco Master of Siestas

oldmanpaco
    :prosper:

• Funny x 14
    • hopw roewur ne x 5
    • Yes x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • incline x 1
    • When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. jml Educated

jml
    Where is it told that extra 15 dollars is enough for alpha access. There is nothing in kickstarter page and for beta you need pledge 99 dollars.

^ Top  
  13. 80Maxwell08 Arcane

80Maxwell08
    So I'm going for a signed collector's edition on kickstarter and I plan on keeping that pledge there, but can I make a pledge here for someone else so they get a copy of the game?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

Second row on the right.

We can arrange that.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. jerfdr Educated

jerfdr
    From the Kickstarter page:
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Abu Antar Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I did a humble $28 pledge. Maybe I will beat the first game before this releases.

^ Top  
  17. Deadman Arcane Patron

Deadman
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Last kickstarter I donated 100 bucks for beta access. Since the money went through paypal and after the end of the campaign - all the tiers increased in price (not by much), so I ended up short of 5 dollars of being able to get an official beta access (it rose from 99 dollars to 105 dollars if I remember correctly), get an access to pledger's page where you can donate additional dollars in order to get into alpha. I eventually was able to get unofficial access to beta after writing to one of community managers, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. So beware, donate extra 10-15 dollars to make sure you get the pledge you want...

• gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    You're mistaken. I've got the table Owlcat used to distribute the rewards in front of me. You got beta access. What you didn't get is alpha access, because you didn't pay enough.

The tier prices for our fundraiser are the same as the Kickstarter, not whatever they may raise them to afterwards.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Deadman Arcane Patron

Deadman
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Ive got beta key (after contacting community manager), but not the access to beta portal. AFAIK other codex backers, who donated enough money to get into beta pledge after adjusted prices ($105+) did get into proper beta tier with access to beta backers portal which was used to get upgrade their account to get into alpha. I didnt get that option which as I presume at least partly was due to amount of my pledge. Maybe that was solo backers though or I somply didnt figure it out. I you want to obtain further details and learn about my theories as to why it happened and can similar situations can be avoided in the futur we can make a skype call.

^ Top  
  20. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    I know what you're talking about but it wasn't because you pledged an insufficient amount. It's just that for whatever reason Owlcat weren't able to set up the backer portal accounts when the Kingmaker beta came out (but they were for the alpha) so their community manager had to send the beta keys out manually. You weren't the only one.

• Brofist x 1
    • Cheers!! x 1
    • Thanks! x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. mindx2 Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter Patron

mindx2
    Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    Threw in a little more to get us a monument at least. :obviously: We'll see if it will go higher.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  22. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Nice, we hit the monument. I'll bump the goal up to $2500 now - create an NPC Face.

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 5
    • nice nice x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. mindx2 Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter Patron

mindx2
    Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    If it gets close to this goal again I'll try and throw in a little more... between this and on KS I may end up with 3 collector boxes!! :smug:

Show Spoiler
    Perhaps a Kodex Kontest to win a Collector's box should happen....? ;)

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Abu Antar Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Cross-dressing contest!

• Excited! Excited! x 2
    • M'lady M'lady x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. <3sRichardSimmons Arcane Patron

<3sRichardSimmons
    Infinitron Is the Codex fundraiser going to run beyond the Kickstarter end-date as it did with Kingmaker? I'd like to do my Codexian duty and earn some potato, but funds are extremely tight this next month.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)