Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Any news on what kind of content is being added (feats, subclasses, spells) or is Pink Eye 's pastebin still up to date?

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Also, did anybody else notice how they left out The Forgotten Sanctum from the PoE 2 DLCs in the survey, but included that stupid boat that adds next to nothing to the game? I assumed that whoever put the survey together just got them mixed up somehow.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
lso, did anybody else notice how they left out The Forgotten Sanctum from the PoE 2 DLCs in the survey, but included that stupid boat that adds next to nothing to the game? I assumed that whoever put the survey together just got them mixed up somehow.
Yeah that deliberate exclusion stuck out to me, too. Even moreso that they included the DoSII Squirrel along with it, makes me worried about what kind of paid content is gonna get put out for this game. Maybe they've got plans for inconsequential piecemeal Free-LC like Deadfire and DosII?

Efe

Erudite
they are comparing your feelings on small shitty paradox-like dlc vs chonky dlcs

Trashos

Arcane
In a game with many good dungeons, I honestly think that the Pitax Palace is one of the top ones. It has several great fights. There are some repeating mobs in-between as well. To me, these are needed to space the great fights, because it is not good pace to go from one hard fight to another hard fight. So overall I find the Pitax Palace very well done.

I am not so high on Armag's Tomb (other than the fireball/lightningbolt area, which is really cool), maybe because I don't see what it added after Vordakai's Tomb. It gives you different routes to go through it, but the player will inevitably do everything to get the XP, so I don't think that works.

Trashos

Arcane
Also, by the time you reach Pitax Palace, your mage (and possibly your cleric too) will have some spells of mass destruction. Weird, Horrid Wilting etc. Those Pitax mobs are a good opportunity to use them.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
what the fuck is a stage 2 alpha?
what's with this early access, alpha, beta, bullshit nomenclature for games that aren't finished yet but for some reason people should buy them already and test them and report bugs instead of letting the devs just do their thing and live with the consequences of the quality of their work?
do you people help the pizza boy learn how to drive before ordering a pizza? do you go to india to make sure the kids there do a good job when making your shoes? do you suck writers' dicks to make sure they are relaxed and inspired before they write their books?

Rieser

Scholar
what the fuck is a stage 2 alpha?
what's with this early access, alpha, beta, bullshit nomenclature for games that aren't finished yet but for some reason people should buy them already and test them and report bugs instead of letting the devs just do their thing and live with the consequences of the quality of their work?
do you people help the pizza boy learn how to drive before ordering a pizza? do you go to india to make sure the kids there do a good job when making your shoes? do you suck writers' dicks to make sure they are relaxed and inspired before they write their books?

This is more like paying for a pizza to then get to see when it's made and get taste samples while giving feedback on how you want it to end up.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
by all means, keep telling yourself that.
actually it's more like a pizza shop that let's a lot of idiots chime in when making the pizza and ending with a clusterfuck of nonsense like the npcs in pillars of eternity.
and taste samples of what? half backed pie? enjoy your crappy meal, i guess.

Dodo1610

Arcane
They don't even sell or advertise the Alpha on Steam, Gog. You have to go out of your way to even find out about it.They aren't doing it to earn easy money from random players but instead they want feedback from their most loyal fans.

jungl

Augur
owlcat games knows what they doing. They know they have a super autistic fanbase that willing to spend money on anything pathfinder. They probably going to make close to kingmakers profits before release if this keeps up.

rojay

Scholar
I got it because I enjoyed Kingmaker and knew I was going to buy the next one on that basis. It's incomplete and there have been a couple of bugs, but I've gotten a fair return for the cost already. But hey, Codex gonna be Codex, so at least a dozen truth-tellers bravely telling truths to non-truth-based sheeple are going to shit all over it. It's hilarious.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I think Owlcat underestimated how long it takes to play through an adventure path. Only the first chapter with the Stag Lord could be a standalone adventure on its own. They did add unnecessary fights too, though.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Imagine being this stupid. "The last game was great, can't wait for the sequel, hope there will be less of it."
Less of it also mean less bugs.
game-of-thrones-stannis-fewer.gif

Efe

Erudite
what level max does alpha allow?
are you able to charm bosses with that charm?

Sjukob

Arcane
what level max does alpha allow?
are you able to charm bosses with that charm?
I guess angel can summon devas
No idea guys, I don't have access to the alpha version of the game. A better question would be, why do I have to browse 4chan for the info, instead of the local apha testers conveniently showcasing all of the cool things with pictures and what else in this very thread?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom