Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Deadfire is objectively better than Pillars.

Except music. There's like, one piece that works with me.

The Shanties are kind of nice though.

Deadfire is objectively better than Pillars.
I used to think that, but i'm currently on the fence. A LOT of things are better in Deadfire including gfx, sfx, combat, etc. But imo Dungeons and some of the RP possibilities in the first game are superior.

Prime Junta

Lol if you think PoE's dungeons are bad you either haven't played the game or otherwise have unrealistic/unfulfillable expectations. PoE 1's dungeons are in the truest sense, INCLINE.

In White March yeah some of them are pretty good.

In the base game, not really. There are a few that aren't terrible but most are barely above BG1 level and nowhere close to, say, BG2.

jf8350143

Liturgist
The base game of Deadfire has 1 great dungeon(undercity) and 2 OK one, if you consider fort deadlight a dungeon than it has two great ones.

PoE 1 has 1 great dungeon and 1 ok one, if you don't include white march.

White March is great, but FS has the best dungeon in the series.

Just waving off a 15 level dungeon huh? Well if you consider EP low quality then there's not much to say. Anyways there are a few others in base game in most major locations. There's the Skaen hideout place, there's a couple in twin elms, there's the catacombs in defiance bay, Raedric's hold is a dungeon, etc etc. and ofc WM dungeons which i grouped together with the base game. Anyhow, i'm yet to play Deadfire's DLC so i'll hold further judgment, but overall i think Deadfire has the weaker and smaller dungeons.

What's FS btw?

jf8350143

Liturgist
Also generally speaking Deadfire's dungeon has much better reward in them since the itemisation is way better comparing to the first game.

Atchodas

Augur
There is like 1.5 dungeons in Deadfire without DLC's and Beast of Winter is fucking pathetic unless you are amazed by some shitty teleports and some stupid lore being showed down your throat like seriously who gives a fuck about how Eothas exploded on that bridge nobody even give a fuck about the fact that he is walking trough Deadfire (but very slowly so you can larp around a bit),the Inquisition part in BoW where watchers ex soulmate is involved is even worse than bridge part and you need to repeat it 3 fucking times seriously :D ,then you get to use some shiny teleports in the third part which is basically just hidden loading screens . There are like 10 combat encounters in BoW 9 of them are trash fights that are put there just because you need to put some combat into DLC so people actually buy it.

SSS and FS are actually best parts of Deadfire

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
WM1 & 2 are by far the best part of the trilogy.
It is a scientific fact that games with snowy areas are superior.

Not only that, people who live in snowy areas are in fact also superior. This is one of the reasons Obsidian's games have become steadily worse, it's been longer and longer since the developers lived in the north. The sun and heat of LA makes their minds slow.

It's a scientific fact.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
To be honest, random Russian studio mostly consist of people who made best (IMHO) Heroes of Might and Magic. Also Etherlords and Evil Islands.
Pretty nice track record next to PoE and Tyranny.

Wanted to start a new Deadfire playthrough this time importing my own save file from the first game. Ended up uninstalling for now due to analysis paralysis. Couldn't decide what class to play. Would've played Palading but i dislike all of the subclasses.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
As I finally got there, you guys were not kidding.
The forgotten sanctum is awesome.

PS : SSS was dogshit. Good fight setups aren't an excuse to release the black pits.
PS2 : I liked the beast of winter because, as stated above by rusty mcrusty : snow. (Also finally a dragon that feels like a dragon in deadfire).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom