Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
If we're talking the best pure tank, that has to be either Wizard/Fighter or Wizard/Pala.

Combine the natural defenses of Figher or Paladin with Wizard's active defensive spells and you can probably have better defensive stats and armor than the upscaled megaboss. Although obviously being so tanky is a complete overkilll, with possible exception of some Iron-Man playthrough with multiple challenges enabled.

The real advantage of Swashbuckler isn't that he tanks decently while doing decent damage, it's that he applies Distraction to all the engaged targets. If you want to wreck faces with a melee dude go for Monk or Rogue, with the other melee dudes, eh, you can try that, but I think that making them into utility bots is more optimal.

Tenebris

Scholar
did they bother to give Vela any new content or does their absolutely retarded decision to go for full voice acting mean Nemnok as a pet still has more content than her?

The only new content she has is through Hylea's challenge. Vela has a couple unvoiced lines.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I finished SSS... what a piece of shit. when does the last DLC come out so I can finally uninstall this dumpsterfire?

edit: oh shit, November? hopefully it will be earlier rather than later so I can put a fork in this and proceed to incline with a fully patched and working pathfinder kingmaker

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This sounds really great. People will be able to share characters, along with their unique equipment, through Steam Workshop.

I only wish Obsidian had the marketing backing to advertise this feature. It could really liven up the community in a major way.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/106389-how-to-import-and-export-premade-characters/?p=2107656
The Character Export feature allows the player to import a pre-made character during character creation, recruit an imported pre-made character at any tavern, and export their own Watcher or Hired Adventurer character for their own local use or share to the public through the Steam Workshop. Let's go through each of these one by one.

Importing a Pre-made Character during Character Creation

Upon starting a new game and entering character creation, the player may choose to Import a Character. By default, there are 12 pre-made characters to choose from. This may be added to with your own exported Watcher or Hired Adventurer characters, but we'll get to that later. From the Import Character screen, you may preview their starting attribute point spread, their class and race, and their ability tree. To start modifying a pre-made character, just click the Import button for the pre-made character template you wish to start with. From here, you will be brought to the Character Customization screen and may quickly proceed to character finalization or you may go back and make any adjustments to your character as you see fit before finalizing it.

Recruiting a Pre-made Character

Recruiting a pre-made character works almost the same as recruiting a Hired Adventurer. First of all your Watcher character must be at least level 2 or higher. Then, simply visit any tavern and speak with the barkeeper and navigate to the Recruit Adventurers menu in their shop UI. Once there, you'll notice that you may recruit any Imported Character from here. You may hire them at either their Native Level (the level that the pre-made character was when they were originally exported) or at any level below your Watcher's level. Additionally, you may recruit a pre-made character with their imported equipment at an adjusted cost or without their imported equipment at normal recruitment level-adjusted cost. This option can be set on the bottom left of the Recruit Character confirmation window by using the Without Equipment toggle.

Exporting a Character

You may export your Watcher character and any Hired Adventurer characters in your party roster to be used as a pre-made character. This can be done by opening the Character Sheet and navigating to the Export tab. From there, simply click the Export button which is signified as a file folder icon and your character will be added to the list of Exported Characters and be available as a pre-made character during character creation and adventurer recruitment. Keep in mind that you will not be able to recruit any pre-made characters that are in your party roster. So no going around with a party of 5 of your Watchers no matter how cool 5 of yourself is!

If you are playing the game from Steam, you may additionally upload your character to the Steam Workshop by clicking the "Upload to Steam Workshop" button which is signified as a Steam application icon. Your exported character file will be uploaded to the Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Steam Workshop page for anyone in the community to use. To download a contributing community member's pre-made character, click on their pre-made character mod and subscribe to their content. From there, make sure that your received character file is in the following file destination:

%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity II\ExportedCharacters

After this, your newly added exported character from the community will be available. You may also remove a character retrieved from the Steam Workshop by Unsubscribing to the content. This can be done either from within the game at any tavern and navigating to the Recruit Adventurers screen and clicking the Unsubscribe button or you can unsubscribe from the content directly from the Steam Workshop.

Please Be Aware

Be aware that you will be able to import characters that have unique items and that you will be at risk of unforseen consequences to gameplay if you choose to do so willingly. This of course also applies to characters that are imported/exported while cheats are enabled.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I finished SSS... what a piece of shit. when does the last DLC come out so I can finally uninstall this dumpsterfire?

edit: oh shit, November? hopefully it will be earlier rather than later so I can put a fork in this and proceed to incline with a fully patched and working pathfinder kingmaker

What didn't you like about SSS?

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
If you expect more than a series of combat encounters in roughly the same arena/environment, you would be disappointed.

2house2fly

Magister
This sounds really great. People will be able to share characters, along with their unique equipment, through Steam Workshop.

I only wish Obsidian had the marketing backing to advertise this feature. It could really liven up the community in a major way.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/106389-how-to-import-and-export-premade-characters/?p=2107656
Meanwhile the game's publisher posts a video on their 29-subscriber youtube channel: 10 THINGS YOU NEVER KNEW ABOUT SEEKER SLAYER SURVIVOR. The first thing is that there is a combat arena.

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeButton

Patron
Ending up with this publisher is pretty much Feargus' fault, as we know from Chris' revelations from the kitchen at Obsidian.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Meanwhile the game's publisher posts a video on their 29-subscriber youtube channel: 10 THINGS YOU NEVER KNEW ABOUT SEEKER SLAYER SURVIVOR. The first thing is that there is a combat arena.

I thought you were joking but they are legitimately making click bait titles about dumpsterfire. They also have views in the three digits.

This is the funniest shit I have seen this week.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
I've seen the second video. It's really pathetic. What are these people marketing? Women's shoes?

Tigranes

Arcane
Please do?

I'm not happy with how Deadfire turned out, but I simply think it's a pity. The more quality proper CRPGs we have, the better. It would be a grand day if PK had less bugs, RB turned out good, and if Deadfire had been better, etc.

But at the end of the day I play the games I enjoy, I criticise the ones I don't, then I move on. I don't know what they say on social media or what the sales figures week-by-week are and I don't need to know. After all, a bad game is a bad game even if it sells 5 million copies, and vice versa.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Please do?

I'm not happy with how Deadfire turned out, but I simply think it's a pity. The more quality proper CRPGs we have, the better. It would be a grand day if PK had less bugs, RB turned out good, and if Deadfire had been better, etc.

But at the end of the day I play the games I enjoy, I criticise the ones I don't, then I move on. I don't know what they say on social media or what the sales figures week-by-week are and I don't need to know. After all, a bad game is a bad game even if it sells 5 million copies, and vice versa.

Congratulations on not caring. Aren't you super cool and very special?

Parabalus

Arcane
Nobody from the codex has been able to defeat the first megaboss yet. I doubt the second will be any easier.

I just Barreled Death's Door + Salvation of Time'd my way to victory

PotD? In that case :salute:

Just cleared her on PotD, similar exploitative SoT strategy, but instead of Death's Door I used Ancestor's Memory and summons.

Single best advice is

Her special attacks have Poison keyword, rest with Khapa tea for immunity

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
I don't know about the obligatory scouting before combat. I think this is a rather videogamey thing that has no place in a PnP adaptation. I don't remember doing it in the Infinity Engine games (BG and IWD) either. It's something I picked up as a habit since PoE, because it has no cost to it, and you can hardly ever fail at it. I like how you could always fail your check in the middle of the way in the infinity engine, and end up with your thief dead. Even if you could always save-scum around it, the feeling of suspense was there. So if Kingmaker discourages scouting every encounter from stealth, that's a positive thing for me.

2house2fly

Magister
The failure of DF is starting to get a little sad due to the effort they are still putting into it.
As a player I'm the beneficiary of that effort whether or not it boosts sales, so it's all good. I kind of wish it did boost sales since that might mean more funding for the DLC, but what are the odds profits would have just gone into Feargus's pocket

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom