Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Speaking of Atsura, somehow the Rauatai are always memorable characters. I'm low-key hoping that if there's a sequel, it's set in the Rauatai Kingdom. We've already had green plains and valleys with PoE1, mountains and snow with White March, sea and palm trees with Deadfire. Country tormented by vicious storms sounds like a cool change of scenery.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm still unconvinced that conversation isn't about his psychopathy,
With this writing, few characters are clearly out of suspicion of psychopathy. :lol:

The question about making advances and the "variety" of possible answers gives out the context

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
If you ask me what's missing from Deadfire's plot more than anything else, it's a good antagonist. Atsuras would of made a great one in my opinion.

Imagine a subplot where Asturas is conspiring to take Ukaizo and manipulate the storms to devastate other nations, making Rauatai the most powerful empire in the world.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
That's not "a good antagonist", it's swapping the whole main story.

Not that it would be a big loss.

2house2fly

Magister
At least tell me where the spoiler is in the game files! Argh!

With this writing, few characters are clearly out of suspicion of psychopathy. :lol:

The question about making advances and the "variety" of possible answers gives out the context
What about the other option you could have picked, "you're hard to read"?

AwesomeButton

Patron
At least tell me where the spoiler is in the game files! Argh!

What about the other option you could have picked, "you're hard to read"?
I don't know. Maybe then the PC had a different thing in mind for "you are not like the rest".

2house2fly

Magister
No official news, but here's some possible spoilers from the game files:

new unique wand, crossbow, and shield, and a soulbound greatsword. All the people on the obsidian forums who said they wanted another sanguine plate, looks like they will be getting their wish. A bunch of equippables, mostly belonging to a central character called "Ageal"
Conversations with the wizard Tayn, 3 incarnations of Llengrath, and two versions of Maura - one normal, one infected by a spore. It looks like you'll be able to talk with the spore, and a spider, there's also a conversation portrait for Concelhaut's skull, two vithrack, and Bekarna.
New pets: Dream Beast and Seeker of Visions. Moon spiders return from White March 2, and a new enemy called "spiderling swarm". Tame spider and sporeling pets. Also, bizarrely, a horse.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
This isn't just any new god.

When revealed - Minds will be blown, the way people view Pillars lore will be revolutionized, and many heated debates will take place over what Obsidian was thinking.

AwesomeButton

Patron
If it doesn't fix the writing, the VO, the ship combat, and romances, no one will bat an eye.

2house2fly

Magister
When revealed - Minds will be blown, the way people view Pillars lore will be revolutionized, and many heated debates will take place over what Obsidian was thinking.
Hell, the last one started happening the instant people got to the intro

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Sure, but this epic mind fuck will provoke unprecedented levels of outrage and butthurt. It's too good to spoil.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
inb4 Tekehu replaces Ondra. inb4 we find out there are "real" gods. I sure hope it isn't Thaos.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom