Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Follow Maura's trail and determine the fate of one of the Deadfire Archipelago's most closely-held secrets.

THE GODS...(dramatic pause) AREN'T REAL

Two mega-bosses, eh? Did they uncancel the one that disappeared from the latest roadmap, or is it the one next to Woedica?
I counted 4 the first time and I still count 4 I think they just scrambled them around

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
In earlier roadmaps there were five megabosses (see the x2):

https%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Fobsidian-media%2Fdeadfire%2Fnews%2Fupdate-53%2Fdeadfire-update-53-content-timeline--thumb.png

Ulfhednar

Savant
Haven’t been keeping up with this - is there a list of new features for patch 4.0?

Is one of the new challenges health/endurance split and pseudo-Vancian casting?

Should I just keep playing Pathfinder: Bugmaker?

So many questions...

2house2fly

Magister
They'll probably do a beta at the end of next week, then we'll get to see what's in the patch.

Follow Maura's trail and determine the fate of one of the Deadfire Archipelago's most closely-held secrets.

THE GODS...(dramatic pause) AREN'T REAL
If this wasn't a direct sequel it would be funny for this to be the bug twist in the DLC

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Backer update with details on the patch and DLC: https://www.fig.co/campaigns/deadfire/updates/835

Greetings, Watchers,

We have brought you to Harbinger's Watch with "The Beast of Winter" and the Crucible of Kazuwari in "Seeker, Slayer, Survivor", now prepare yourselves as we head to the Black Isle, and into "The Forgotten Sanctum".

The Forgotten Sanctum

When a violent tremor shatters the islands of the Deadfire, the greatest wizards in Eora seek out the aid of the Watcher. The archmage Maura has vanished into the depths of a newly opened dungeon located in the Black Isles and threatens to awaken what lies forgotten there. Follow Maura's trail and determine the fate of one of the Deadfire Archipelago's most closely-held secrets.

• Traverse an expansive dungeon built into the flesh of a sleeping god.
  • Encounter the highest-level challenges yet faced by the Watcher and their companions.
  • Scheme with or defy the wills of Eora's most powerful wizards.

You'll have a chance to take your Watcher and their crew to the Forgotten Sanctum on December 13th, 2018!

Wallpapers

deadfire-wallpapers-tfs-thumb.jpg

2048x1536

2560x1440

Patch 4.0

Alongside the release of "The Forgotten Sanctum", the Deadfire team is releasing a new update with patch 4.0. As the team has done with every major update, they're happy to bring new features to Pillars II. Some of the new features that will be arriving with patch 4.0:

• One additional sub-class per class - That's right! Every class in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire will be getting one extra sub-class, including the oft-requested Priest of Woedica and Steel Garrote sub-classes!
  • Respawning ships on the world map - The ships of the Deadfire will no longer be gone forever once defeated. They'll now respawn, giving you the ability to attack, loot, and take down again.
  • New Magran's Fire Challenges:
    • Ondra's Challenge
      • Storms are larger, faster, and more frequent in the Deadfire now.
      • Enemy Captains are increased in rank and travel faster when chasing the Watcher
    • Wael's Challenge
      • All numbers become ??? with the exception being item count, party character Attributes, Skill, and Level.
    • Woedica's Challenge
      • All Per-Encounter and Class resources become Per Rest.
      • Party Health no longer regenerates outside of combat.
      • While camping, only "Prepared Meals" will recover Injuries and Resources.
  • Two new Mega Bosses
    • The Wizard Savant
    • The Infernal Construct

Console Update

We know you have questions about the console version of Deadfire and we promise we'll have more information on that in the next update. Though rest assured that it is still coming to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch!

Thank you again for your continued support! If you have any issues with the game, contact us through our support portal to help you on your journey.

Cheers,

The Deadfire team

Reach out to us on our various social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or on our forums) and let us know your comments, your critiques, and what you love about the game.

Did you miss our last update? Check it out! To join the conversation on this update, head to our forums!

Woedica's challenge (aka vancian casting) and new subclasses.... might actually give the game another shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
Woedica's Challenge

Well there it is, Tigranes. Now there's no reason for you to pretend the first game is better.

2house2fly

Magister
All three new god challenges sound decent. That brings the total number of challenges I'll probably play with up to 7. Keen to get a look at the new subclasses

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Woedica's Challenge

Well there it is, Tigranes. Now there's no reason for you to pretend the first game is better.
Bloody hell, this alone makes the game better tenfold.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So it turns out that what I thought was going to be a Patch 4.1 on the roadmap is just part of Patch 4.0. Three god challenges, two mega-bosses, all rolled into one patch. The final major update, then?

Tigranes

Arcane
Woedica's Challenge

I'm glad I have you for perfectly transcendental and objective knowledge of the quality of every video game on earth, painstakingly derived from the scientific polls that you conduct day and night

I also didn't realise that I thought POE1 is unequivocally superior to POE2, I will now inform my inadequate brain of its own opinion

I'll try this challenge in my next playthrough and see how it goes - wonder which abilities/etc will go super wacky.

What would be cool is if you really had to start saying, "I'm setting out on a voyage, I can take this many supplies, that means I can rest this many times and have this many meals and such, so I should plot my course here and there". The way it is now, the ship is a fucking magic airplane running on invisible fuel fitted with a five-star hospital.

Mazisky

Magister
So it turns out that what I thought was going to be a Patch 4.1 on the roadmap is just Patch 4.0. Three god challenges, two mega-bosses, all rolled into one patch. The final major update, then?

Yes, so they can start working to the next 3rd person action rpg for Xbox

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom