Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Discussion in 'Obsidian Entertainment' started by Infinitron, May 8, 2018.

1. Sacred82 Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Sacred82
    It absolutely is. Too many myopic autists, I guess. But then the unashamed autism and sperging make this place interesting too. Because while people are too retarded to concede the point that this options craze culminating in making writing optional is runining games, or rather making games non-games, you'd still not get such a discussion going elsewhere.

:thumbsup:

• (autism) (autism) x 2
    ^ Top  
  2. AwesomeButton Cut a deal with the authorities Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    The average internet retard: "Everyone who pays any amount of attention to anything must be an autist."

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Sacred82 Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Sacred82
    are you now taking the discussion to 'the Kodex is not full of autists but simply refined gentlemen'? :lol: Because in that case, I'm out my friend. I can interact with autists, but not with howling lunatics.

• STOP! posting STOP! posting x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Quillon Cipher

Quillon

Early attempts for making fans do the work? Make your art immortal in our game yo!

At least they aren't asking for fan VO :D

• gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Quillon Cipher

Quillon

Show Spoiler

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Isn't this information kind of old? I think he answers this very same question every 2 months or so.

^ Top  
  7. Quillon Cipher

Quillon
    He brings up "Don't use excel for dialogue" topic occasionally.

^ Top  
  8. Shadenuat Arcane

Shadenuat
    So much power

used to answer questions about trains for Pallegina

^ Top  
  9. Brancaleone Learned

Brancaleone
    The PoE franchise is slowly turning into performance art.

^ Top  
  10. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    Serpent in the Staglands Torment: Tides of Numenera
    Why would anyone

• Brofist x 3
    • it is a mystery x 3
    • Participation Award x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Hoo Hoo x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. AwesomeButton Cut a deal with the authorities Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Well, I was in the digsite dungeon, that was cool. I was in fort deadlight, that was cooler. I was in neketaka, that's really great. I was in Poko Kohara, that was great too. Now I'm in the Old City at lvl 10. The Old City is really something. This game is good. And it's also pretty big.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  13. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    I really appreciate Josh sharing these kinds of things. He could have give a short answer, but he wrote a quite lengthy post with plenty of screenshots. Very helpful and insightful.

• Salute Salute x 3
    ^ Top  
  14. Sacred82 Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Sacred82
    ædgy

^ Top  
  15. IHaveHugeNick Arcane

IHaveHugeNick
    Why is she showcased at the tutorial island digsite when you can only get her in Neketaka?

:rpgcodex:

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 3
    • Yes Yes x 2
    • "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. frajaq Arbiter

frajaq
    I hope Fassina gets revamped a little, she has like 3 interjections only compared to the others. Like what's the point of using her, might as well make a custom wizard

• Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Roguey Arcane Sawyerite Sawyerist Sawyer's Bride No Fun Allowed

Roguey
    I use notepad because I have no need for fancy schmancy flowcharts (so far). :M

That tool is a bit more user friendly than I expected it to be (though it could always be more) so it puzzles me why Deadfire still has all these scripting bugs. Just plain human sloppiness?

^ Top  
  18. Safav Hamon Self-Ejected Village Idiot The Real Fanboy

Self-Ejected
    Rekke is the only good sidekick. He's the only one you can initiate dialogue with and has a decent amount of interjections.

• WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. 2house2fly Erudite

2house2fly
    It's really dumb that they didn't even have a basic dialogue tree for the sidekicks, or some reaction lines along the main quest. The only reason to use them is if I'm specifically avoiding using the story companions for some reason and I can't be bothered creating a custom party member

^ Top  
  20. Haplo Arbiter Patron

Haplo
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I like this game a lot, but its giving me a particularly bad case of restart-itis.

Started off with a Berserker/Helwalker. That was rather decent, however not that great synergy perhaps (Frenzy bonuses don't stack with Might and Penetration from Thunderous Blows and action speed from Flurry). Then came patch 1.1 and monks were hit rather hard. Elemental lashes went from (future, potential) 80% (30% early) to 40% (15% early, meh). And of course the Helwalker malus was making my character a little squishy. Plus some damage resistance items were also nerfed bad (Eothasian Amulet!). So despite the lovely Might and Intelligence bonuses, I felt that was no longer worth the trade. So I decided to try something else.

Rolled a Berserker/Streetfighter. Well, turned out to be quite a monster. Also squishy and needing quite a bit of party support to survive, but the damage he was pumping was sick.
    Was dealing perhaps too much friendly fire damage though (I could eventually remove Confusion... but I kinda wanted to keep it to self-inflict Distraction with Lord Darryn's Voulge and keep the Streetfighter bonus going).

Plus I wanted to try something more versatile. So I tried a Cipher Ascendant/Assasin. Well, wasn't exactly bad, had his moments. +25 Accuracy on first action from Stealth could really help to land some nasty power, even on a strong enemy. On the other hand couldn't really take advantage of buffs/debuffs/Ascension PL bonus while opening combat (so the Accuracy bonus wasn't THAT great) and Backstab was a huge dissapointment. Also it turned out to be a mostly once-per-encounter affair, at least till mid levels+. Didn't like the Smoke Veil mechanics, wasted too many resources AND time to re-stealth (while I could be making 2 Crippling Strike Full-Attacks and some more in the same time).

So I rerolled again into an Ascendant / Streetfighter. Like him a lot so far. Rapidly fills focus with Crippling Strikes, can activate Streetfighter bonus with Blunderbuss Powder Burns (or standing in Chill Fog with the Perception Resistance hat to downgrade the nasty Blind effect). And with Streetfighter bonus can shoot powers with machine-gun speed while Ascended.
    But he's still very low level, so who knows...

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Roguey Arcane Sawyerite Sawyerist Sawyer's Bride No Fun Allowed

Roguey
    That word budget though. :M

^ Top  
  22. Safav Hamon Self-Ejected Village Idiot The Real Fanboy

Self-Ejected
    Rekke has a dialogue tree though. He's the only sidekick that does.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Supermedo Scholar

Supermedo
    Can we all agree that the game would have been better if we could ask the Pallid Knight on a date

• Agree Agree x 2
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Hoo Hoo x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Shadenuat Arcane

Shadenuat
    Hard as my evoker did 180k damage per playthrough and monk 170k and she was single target damage.

I would rate that post with autism if I could.

Roll whatever fuck you like and finish goddamn game, what is wrong with people?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • sheeple sheeple x 1
    • (autism) (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Safav Hamon Self-Ejected Village Idiot The Real Fanboy

Self-Ejected
    I don't blame him. The character system is so deep that it's fun to just reload and experiment with different builds.

• Yes Yes x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)