Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Project Awakening (PS4)

Hopefully we learn more about it next week when Tokyo Game Show actually starts. Previously I think all that was know of this is they showed the same thing behind closed doors at E3, with very little info attached to that.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
It certainty looks interesting, but won't make any judgements until there's some gameplay - besides this one: it seems Jap devs are the only ones nowadays to make actual games...

:negative:

Nice bullshots.
The downgrade will be glorious
Reminds me about that Killzone trailer.

Considering there's already a lot of games with this level of graphical quality (even from Jap devs) a downgrade is unlikely.

Machocruz

Arcane
One thing that happens often is light-dark contrast winds up not being as dramatic in finished games, so I won't be surprised if the shading is paler in the release. This even happened with Bloodborne.

Hyperion

Arcane
Shame that there isn't more info on this.
2020 release minimum imo.

The good news to take from this is it's clearly designed with the West in mind, so we won't have to wait a year for it like Granblue Fantasy.

It seems like Junji Tago left Konami in either 2015 or 2016, and this game was first announced in August of 2016 with a very different looking trailer. So it's been in development in some form for two years now. This could maybe release within the same window as Death Stranding, and I think talk of that is maybe 2019 but at least sometime before the 2020 Olympics.

The Osaka studio Cygames started to make this game opened on April 1 2015:

Cygames, a division of CyberAgent Group, has opened a new studio in Osaka focused on high-end PlayStation 4 game development, the company announced.

The studio, which was established on April 1 as the company’s first location in western Japan, is already staffed with experienced engineers, but is actively recruiting new employees.

praetor

Arcane
I'm curious to see if this will be Shadow of the Dogma ColosSouls, where you play a fixed character and fight mostly/only big baddies (judging by the graphical fidelity of the screenshots, this is likely, i guess, particularly if the release window is 2019) or Dragon's Monstersouls Hunter, with a more "regular sized mooks" fights and the occasional set-piece/boss and a fully customisable PC. either way, colour me hyped

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
After 3 fucking years of radio silence, new footage was released... 7 months ago

This was apparently shown during CyGames Tech Conference
At this point I am starting to think this project is just a tech demo for whatever tech they are developing

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Infinitron there is something very wrong with the 'Search' functionality
I searched for this thread multiple times - even going as far digging up my posts made here - and everytime nothing showed up (almost as if the thread had been deleted)

And on the subject, trying to search something up by date is bothersome, as you can't type it, nor can you select the year - you can only manually shift through months

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This thread showed up on my first search. Tested it after reading your post.
mystery.png

The search function seems to be acting weird. I tried using it a few weeks ago to find a post in a thread and it only brought up really recent post, then I used it again and it seemed to be working more normally.

As for this game, I looked a while back to see if there was anything new on it. I'd guess it's a combo of two thing. One is Covid. The other is the studio is also building the engine for this game as they're developing the game, and they're adding more and more stuff to the engine. Wondering if CyGames is looking at this engine they're building as something that can be licensed out to other developers like Epic does with Unreal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom