Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Really Obscure RPGs

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
True that.

I completed Gorky 17 last year but did not even consider reviewing it for this thread. Not obscure enough IMO.

LJ40

Cipher
I'd argue that anything currently available on both Steam and GoG really can't be all that obscure. When I think obscure, I'd also usually disqualify anything that has its own Wikipedia page.

vorvek

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Did anybody mention Arcatera: The Dark Brotherhood? It's Ubisoft trying to make an updated Quest for Glory, as if they had only heard about the game and never played it. It's sometimes hilarious, but mostly just plain weird.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I'd argue that anything currently available on both Steam and GoG really can't be all that obscure. When I think obscure, I'd also usually disqualify anything that has its own Wikipedia page.

GoG I'd agree. They have limited, curated catalog. But Steam has so much content, that I'm sure there are many obscure titles noone knows (or gives a fuck) about.

Skdursh

Savant
Anyone have an opinion on Dr. Dungeon's Madman! ? Wondering if it's worth purchasing. I enjoyed playing his Ultizurk series of games when I was younger and he made an updated "remake" of Madman which he released to Steam, but I didn't know about it until recently.

Last edited:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron

Skdursh

Savant
Jesus Fucking Christ you fucking retard can you read the topic title?
You seem pretty upset. Here, this might help.
s-l300.jpg

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
Anyone have an opinion on Dr. Dungeon's Madman! ? Wondering if it's worth purchasing. I enjoyed playing his Ultizurk series of games when I was younger and he made an updated "remake" of Madman which he released to Steam, but I didn't know about it until recently.

The reviews seem promising...

image_2022-06-08_082421003.png

Last edited:

Skdursh

Savant

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
Gorky 17 wasn't that obscure, I don't think. I own a copy of it on the original CD still that I bought when it was new.

If you want obscure, then you can talk about the two sequel/prequels the game: "Gorky Zero: Beyond Honor" (2003) and "Gorky Zero 2: Aurora Watching" (aka "Soldier Elite") (2005). Now, those are fucking obscure.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Well Obscure RPGs would be:
Drakensang.
Drakensang RotT.
Demonicon

Soul Nomad and World eaters.
Overlord. (wasn't obscure, but it's obscure now)
Golden Sun.
Golden Sun II.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Did anybody mention Arcatera: The Dark Brotherhood? It's Ubisoft trying to make an updated Quest for Glory, as if they had only heard about the game and never played it. It's sometimes hilarious, but mostly just plain weird.

Did anyone finish it?

I saw walkthough but never finished. Anyone on youtube?

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Might be difficult.

I tried to install it on 4 different computers, with Windows xp, 7 and 10. No luck.

And when it does run, it's afflicted by numerous bugs, some of them gamebreaking.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Guys, anyone finished Arcatera: The Dark Brotherhood?

Or knows any Lets Play for it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom