Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Generic-Giant-Spider

I wish they did a 1.5 and 3.5 passion project deal just to see how it would have turned out. I remember thinking from the 1.5 footage it looked much scarier than the RE2 we eventually ended up getting and some of the music was fucking awesome.

Wunderbar

Arcane
I wish they did a 1.5 and 3.5 passion project deal just to see how it would have turned out. I remember thinking from the 1.5 footage it looked much scarier than the RE2 we eventually ended up getting and some of the music was fucking awesome.
tbh 1.5 looked very samey and boring. Generic blue halls and rooms, floors with similar layout.
Final RE2 is way better.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
1.5 looked like some kind of rushed sequel with worse level design. Even the ones remaking 1.5 agree a lot of it is pretty shit.

iu

iu

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They modified those controls to be better for fags to stop complaining about it with the HD Remake. It's just the new generation. Or the old generation that skipped the early PlayStation era. Either way they suck. The camera angles were never a huge issue for people back then. I only find modernfags whining about it. People didn't whine about Crash Bandicoot running towards the camera back then either. They thought it was cool. Problem is nobody bought Remake 1 apparently. They made the best Resident Evil game and nobody bought it because of comments like the ones above.

All games should play like Gears of War from now on. Except for Gears of War which is now getting a new Xcom spinoff. Next Gears of War will be all Xcom with no third person shooter and youngfags will say man this is the way the series was from the start yall. Check out my 95% to hit with this Ripper thing. Awesome. There was never a series like this before.

Funny, this stuff is currently happening. I mean, I enjoy the occasional Last of Us, Spiderman etc on the PS4, but looking at the Sony library it is 90% third-person cover shooter, with some minor twists on the gameplay. Kinda incredible how everything goes hand in hand together towards a single point and how now everything starts to look the same. I feel the same way about movies and music. It's either template gameplay mechanics or endless shitty remakes...

Bigg Boss

Arcane
That is really what it boils down to. They took one of the few unique genres, literally destroyed it, and fags are like - HAHAHHA you are just stuck in the past. All so they can get another third person shooter with zombies.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
They modified those controls to be better for fags to stop complaining about it with the HD Remake. It's just the new generation. Or the old generation that skipped the early PlayStation era. Either way they suck. The camera angles were never a huge issue for people back then. I only find modernfags whining about it. People didn't whine about Crash Bandicoot running towards the camera back then either. They thought it was cool. Problem is nobody bought Remake 1 apparently. They made the best Resident Evil game and nobody bought it because of comments like the ones above.

All games should play like Gears of War from now on. Except for Gears of War which is now getting a new Xcom spinoff. Next Gears of War will be all Xcom with no third person shooter and youngfags will say man this is the way the series was from the start yall. Check out my 95% to hit with this Ripper thing. Awesome. There was never a series like this before.
No one is whining about the oldschool games. Stop being stupid. It's just retards trying to get Cuckdex brownie points arguing for something factually inferior.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
That is really what it boils down to. They took one of the few unique genres, literally destroyed it, and fags are like - HAHAHHA you are just stuck in the past. All so they can get another third person shooter with zombies.
Nothing unique about tank controls you utter, utter retard. Fags are like, "herr durr, Resident Evil should be ohldskool." You're no better than a faggot hipster, clown.

Bigg Boss

Arcane

No one is whining about the oldschool games. Stop being stupid. It's just retards trying to get Cuckdex brownie points arguing for something factually inferior.

Dude I am talking about the entire internet. I'm not butthurt with the Codex at large.

You defend old school survival horror on the net and you are some nostalgia plagued fag. I get this a lot due to Fallout already but it gets old.

Nothing unique about a style of game that is not made? Hmmmm....

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Dude I am talking about the entire internet. I'm not butthurt with the Codex at large.

You defend the old school survival horror on the net and you are some nostalgia plagued fag. I get this a lot due to Fallout already but it gets old.

Nothing unique about a style of game that is not made? Hmmmm....
It gets fucking old seeing people advocate for old gameplay that just doesn't fit well anymore with what the developers are desiring. Resident Evil 2: Remake does a phenomenal fucking job at survival horror (I just got past Raccoon PD and am having a blast). How the fuck does camera position even make something more or less survival horror. This is a pointless argument, and it's just dripping with nostalgia. Resident Evil is one of my favorite franchises, and I see nothing wrong with the direction the games are going nowadays, unless you're talking about Resident Evil: 5. That game was just pure ass, but camera position wouldn't have saved it anyways.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Yes, Remake 2 does not need your defense though. It sold well. The next one is coming. I agree it is pretty good especially if you don't play as Leon since he sounds like a fag. But still the old gameplay is gone. There are plenty of games like the one you like. Can we agree Remake 1 was good and there should be another thing like it? Probably not. If you can't see how that game is different than Remake 2 then you are lost.

They make a shit spinoff multiplayer game (with another one on the way) but no old school survival horror. They try out the FPS nonsense too so now we don't know what we will get next but still nothing resembling what they once made. They make 2 Revelations games both trying nothing new and both sucking. Maybe they could try one more like they used to?

Anyway your excuse is the same as the Bethsdafags when they bashed NMA when we said Fallout should be isometric turn-based. It's dripping with bullshit.

DayofBlow

Educated
Yes but as I've already said, Alien Isolation scared me way more than any Resident Evil game ever did, and it doesn't control like shit or restrict my view/aiming. I just flat-out reject the idea that the early RE games' control and viewpoint have anything to do with being more "horror." RE5 not being a horror game was by design and had nothing to do with it not controlling like ass.
AI's only scary if you're a racist that's scared of getting face-raped by an anthropomorhpic black penis. That's true for the xenomorph itself, which hasn't been scary since 1980. Otherwise, the game is a nice looking but really boring Amnesia knockoff.

Then again, RE was only scary because people playing it were 4 and they got the game with their PS1 for Christmas. So it's not a high bar to pass.

JDR13

Arcane
It gets fucking old seeing people advocate for old gameplay that just doesn't fit well anymore with what the developers are desiring. Resident Evil 2: Remake does a phenomenal fucking job at survival horror (I just got past Raccoon PD and am having a blast). How the fuck does camera position even make something more or less survival horror. This is a pointless argument, and it's just dripping with nostalgia. Resident Evil is one of my favorite franchises, and I see nothing wrong with the direction the games are going nowadays, unless you're talking about Resident Evil: 5. That game was just pure ass, but camera position wouldn't have saved it anyways.

You know what else gets old? Seeing people claim the newer games are objectively better just because they prefer that style. Don't try to claim that anyone liking the older titles only does so out of nostalgia. That's just a lame rationalization on your part. Personally, I happen to like both, but there's nothing wrong with someone preferring the older titles or the camera they used.

Adon

Arcane

Bigg Boss

Arcane

This is about the quality of most isometric RPG's released today too. They are pale copies of the original titles that spawned them.

UnderRail is the only one that has came out since all the Kickstarter shit went down that I have considered up there with Torment and Fallout. UnderRail is the only one that made me feel like I was playing Fallout all those years ago, getting my ass killed in random encounters right outside the first town in the game. Even then it was made by one guy and a handful of hamsters spinning on wheels

Resident Evil 1 was one of the few survival horror game that had me scavenging for ammo just to make it through one single hall of Hunters, eventually needing to use high level dodging skills to even attempt to make it out alive with my head intact. Silent Hill had the puzzles but Resident Evil had tons of deaths, at least at first.

iu

Resident Evil 4 never did that. They throw the Chainsaw Guy at you. The Jason ripoff. You know those classic names for monsters like Tyrant, Nemesis, Mr. X? Chainsaw Bag Guy is what we started getting since Resident Evil 4.

Remake 2 does bring back that scavenging aspect which I am thankful for. Mostly in the 2nd Run. Now instead of shitty spinoffs maybe they can make one small classic survival horror game and charge me 80 dollars for it.

That is all I really have to say about it. I want more good games. Make Remake 3 then make a classic survival horror game please because Konami is not going to make Silent Hill right ever again. These supposed clones of the old survival horror are all clones of Resident Evil 4 and it makes me horse laugh.

a19zskotg8541.png

Last edited:

DayofBlow

Educated
That's a hot, hot list of big profile games bro! Those static camera tank control games are just fuckin' FLYING off the shelves! Can't keep 'em in stock!
REmake/0 Remastereds' sales blow that one out of the water. If nobody gave a shit, they wouldn't have sold well at all. REmake's rerelease sold better than RE4-6's rereleases for this gen. REmake2 done that way would have done exactly as well as the TPS version, and people would be talking about how the camera's the cornerstone of why it's great, irrespective whether it's the case or not. Fanboys point blank rationalised the shitty bullet sponge zombies in REmake2 as "omg zombos so scurry now that I have to shoot them 12 times". Resident Evil is almost Final Fantasy level when it comes to rationalising shittiness as something great, as long as it superficially satisfies some nebulous idea of 'what RE should be'. And even then you get retards talking about how the shit games are actually great, ala RE6/FF13.

Adon

Arcane
And what do you think that is?

That's a hot, hot list of big profile games bro! Those static camera tank control games are just fuckin' FLYING off the shelves! Can't keep 'em in stock!

Amusing, but incorrect. My point is that these games are being made in the vein of old-school survivor horror games because there is an audience for those types of games.

If there wasn’t, REmake and RE0 or CVX wouldn’t have seen a re-release.

But I suppose someone who continues to show a fundamental lack of understanding for fixed cameras and tank controls who uses logical fallacies to say that type of game design sucks wouldn’t understand.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom