Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sin and the Wages of Sin mission pack (also Emergence)

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, you're retarded if you consider any Source engine game as having "good gunplay", so yeah.
I have played a game made with Unity that was:
  • 2D
  • eye-watering gorgeous
  • superbly responsive
Neither of which springs to mind when you think of Unity.

Unless you explain how you think gunplay mechanics and its look&feel specifically and intimately tie into engine being or not Source, I will resume treating you as clueless fool.
No hard feelings.
What game is it?

DraQ

Arcane
Well, you're retarded if you consider any Source engine game as having "good gunplay", so yeah.
I have played a game made with Unity that was:
  • 2D
  • eye-watering gorgeous
  • superbly responsive
Neither of which springs to mind when you think of Unity.

Unless you explain how you think gunplay mechanics and its look&feel specifically and intimately tie into engine being or not Source, I will resume treating you as clueless fool.
No hard feelings.
What game is it?
This one.
It's a platformer, though, not sure if you'd like it.
Then again, up until playing I was pretty sure I disliked the genre or at least considered it creatively bankrupt since at least mid '90s.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Oh I know Ori. More of a Metroidvania but I've been meaning to play it.

I felt the same way but I've been playing a few and they've been surprising me.

DraQ

Arcane
Oh I know Ori. More of a Metroidvania but I've been meaning to play it.

I felt the same way but I've been playing a few and they've been surprising me.
One of the precious few games that make me confident saying that its dev team was entirely lucid and competent when making it.
If only it was longer...

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Emergence looked like a Half-Life 2 rip off - it used the Source engine, it had a female companion, and even one of the enemies was similar to the headcrab. To top it all off, Blade became mute like Gordon.

Agree but still, HF2 is boring, overrated slog and SiN2 is extremely fun demo that brings apettite for moar.

I found SiN2 to be as boring as HF2.

DraQ

Arcane
Emergence looked like a Half-Life 2 rip off - it used the Source engine, it had a female companion, and even one of the enemies was similar to the headcrab. To top it all off, Blade became mute like Gordon.

Agree but still, HF2 is boring, overrated slog and SiN2 is extremely fun demo that brings apettite for moar.

I found SiN2 to be as boring as HF2.
I can see one not liking bifluorides, but to consider them boring?

Apparently 3D Realms were attempting to secure the rights to SiN to remaster it. It's been going nowhere for the last three years.
God bless 3D Realms.

5CyOgbA.png

Sin_1998.jpg

Sin_2019.jpg

Additionally Nightdive were interested in it too.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Played Emergence due to the recommendations, and Sceptic was right about the soundtrack (especially the title track). You all were also right about how it how it plays exactly like a reskinned Half-Life 2. Fortunately, I don't dislike HL2, so I found it enjoyable enough, though sure, a :decline: from its predecessor. What I found most boggling is how terrible the performance could be at times, given that this came out in 2006 (setting reflections to reflect world helped a bit, but there were still choppy sections). Even Troika managed not to mess this up, so I have no idea what they were doing here. Not bad, but I'm not surprised that few people were interested in a somewhat-janky Half-Life 2 clone.

Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Frederik "Cuckboi" Schreiber and Stephen "The IP Vulture" Kick remaking an id Tech 2 game that wasn't really all that great to begin with?

Color me unexcited.
:killit:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Not sure how it can possibly be proper when Sin was as 90s as it gets.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Apparently 3D Realms were attempting to secure the rights to SiN to remaster it. It's been going nowhere for the last three years.
God bless 3D Realms.

5CyOgbA.png

Damn, so no way this is still coming out...

Rohit

Novice
Like I said in an earlier post, this is probably going to annoy Frederik and Stephen. Ah well, I was tired of waiting - besides, we all know SiN Reloaded isn't going to have a Linux port.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom