Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim scans

Mech said:
denizsi said:
Pre-release Oblivion screenshots were the real deal, before they trimmed the graphics. It's in the videos, too. Everybody knows it.

Stop being such a buzzkill. Geez.

I think you might have wandered into the wrong site.

Black

Arcane
Mech said:
denizsi said:
Pre-release Oblivion screenshots were the real deal, before they trimmed the graphics. It's in the videos, too. Everybody knows it.

Stop being such a buzzkill. Geez.
Amusing, your number is the year in which you were born.

Black

Arcane
And a note to every fucktard who's been impressed with the "graphics" so far.

Even if you ignore the fact that it's bethesda, it's a multiplatform title which has to run on all 3 platforms. If you honestly believe it will look anywhere close to good if it runs on years old shit then golf clap to you.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Heck, the graphics don't even look that awesome. It's Oblivion with non-fugly faces (although the few armors I've seen look still shit and characters that are in any kind of motion look like their animations are as shit as in OB, too. It also has less bloom than Oblivion, and generally looks a bit better. But hey, it might all be photoshopped and the pics have some filter over them anyway.

And those who like the shadows... Oblivion also had soft shadows for every single item, until Bethesda said "lol it doesn't work on consoles and we want all versions to be equal" so they removed them completely. :roll:

Lies, lies and flies. First of all that's still the shitty Gamebyro engine, although a modified version. Second of all the brilliant new feature Radiant Quest is just another of Bethesda's brilliant new ideas which is doomed to fail. Even the diehard Skyrim fans will have to agree that'll be the worst feature of the game.

Kill the father and his sister is gonna give you the quest instead (in anger and frustration), kill his sister and a new brother's gonna pop up like a mole, keep killing them all until you realize there is an endless stream of brothers and sisters with randomly generated names who all give you the same shitty quest.

And only those wet fanboys actually think a dragon will just randomly fly over a city and bombard it. Forget it, that shit's gonna be scripted. The dragons act as a replacement for Oblivion portals.

Merlutz said:
Sleign said:
More action and epic fighting doesn't make it less of an RPG. I'm not sure why people are correlating the old paper and pencil aspects of an RPG (Attributes) to being an RPG. They don't have to have stats that you put points into to be an RPG. An RPG consists of three things, World, Gameplay and Story. Oblivion had the perfect world, which is obviously being transferred over to skyrim, they are revamping the gameplay and it seems like it is going to be epic and brutal (hurray!) and of course story, which Morrowind had the perfect story. Now if they can combine a world like Oblivions, a story like Morrowind's and the gameplay they have described then this game is an RPG and a damn good one at that.

Sleign said:
An RPG consists of three things, World, Gameplay and Story

I've been lurking on the ES Forums as of late, and I'm pleasantly surprised to see an empirical mind such as Sleign getting the cross forum recognition he so richly deserves. :lol:

Nael

Arcane
SimpleComplexity said:
And only those wet fanboys actually think a dragon will just randomly fly over a city and bombard it. Forget it, that shit's gonna be scripted. The dragons act as a replacement for Oblivion portals.

And should you so choose to say "Fuck that town" and keep walking I can almost guarantee that dragon will still be attacking the town a months worth of gametime later.

:smug:

amaya

Novice
At least it doesn't look as shitty as the faces in Oblivion did. Seriously, how hard is to not make every NPC look like a damn ass?

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I'm calling it now: this game is somehow going to be worse than Oblivion.

Well the most important question to ask about the sequel as far as features go is whether we still get to be kitty-cat men?
3253672470_d66b551837_m.jpg

Sexy kitty-cat men?

For VD Skyrim will be the best thing since New Vegas which was the best thing since Dragon Age which was the best thing since Arcanum. :smug:

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
DragoFireheart said:
I'm calling it now: this game is somehow going to be worse than Oblivion.

I honestly doubt that's even be possible. I mean, they'd have to really try to make it that bad.

Phelot

Arcane
taviow said:
The game will look at the nearby dungeons you've explored, automatically set the mission in a place you've never visited, and designate opponents that are appropriately matched to your strengths and weaknesses.

This is all that needs to be said.

Pretty much. Level scaling was single handedly the worst thing about Oblivion.

Luzur

Good Sir
phelot said:
taviow said:
The game will look at the nearby dungeons you've explored, automatically set the mission in a place you've never visited, and designate opponents that are appropriately matched to your strengths and weaknesses.

wouldnt that mean random generated dungeons? otherwise the program will run out of Dungeons to relocate quests too, if it doesnt reuse old ones.

Phelot

Arcane
Luzur said:
phelot said:
taviow said:

wouldnt that mean random generated dungeons? otherwise the program will run out of Dungeons to relocate quests too, if it doesnt reuse old ones.

Oh, I don't know, I was more focused on the "and designate opponents that are appropriately matched to your strengths and weaknesses." part which sounds like level scaling to me.

Phelot

Arcane
Freelance Henchman said:
esskyrimscan10.jpg

Looks like I'll be buying this after all. :smug:

And it won't take long until the nude mods appear I'd wager. :smug:

They really need to make them tits bigger. I mean, what the fuck, right?

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
ITT: lots of basement dwelling nerds getting horny from looking at a low quality scan of a poorly designed 3d model of a blonde woman.

Begriffenfeldt

Educated
2900 said:
ITT: lots of basement dwelling nerds getting horny from looking at a low quality scan of a poorly designed 3d model of a blonde woman.
Sub-routines cannot comprehend aryan beauty. What else is new?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom