Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim scans

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
KalosKagathos said:
Mastermind said:
KalosKagathos said:
So yelling can make you sneak better? Makes sense.

Codexfag illiteracy strikes again. You don't yell those particular words, you whisper them. It actually says that explicitly.
So you whisper Dragon Shouts? Makes sense.

You whisper words of power.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
7hm said:
It's like arcane knowledge. It used to be done more in the past. But your ability to absorb the dragon souls and do the shouts on the level that you can is beyond them.

:?

This is going to suck.

Why?

Nael

Arcane
Begriffenfeldt said:
Trash said:
What!?! No mention of radiant AI?
"Radiant story" is the new shit.

I'm not even joking: http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/5652/221579212.jpg

That aryan nord chick is hot though.

Again, as others have pointed out Bethesda promised "radiant storytelling" for Oblivion and it was anything but. In fact it was the exact opposite of radiant. Oblivion hurled bricks of stupidity at your head with it's quests. Dark, soul sucking bricks of stupid unradiance.

Nael

Arcane
Mastermind said:
For the codextards unfamiliar with elder scrolls (virtually all of you), the "Dragon Shouts" as tard howard ineptly calls them are well established lore. The ability is called the Way of the Voice.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Thu%27um

th_crazy_galsses_top_jd.jpg

"Teh Weirding Wayz"

DraQ

Arcane
Mastermind said:
For the codextards unfamiliar with elder scrolls (virtually all of you), the "Dragon Shouts" as tard howard ineptly calls them are well established lore. The ability is called the Way of the Voice.

They were never "Dragon Shouts", for starters. Bethesda has clearly gone full derp if it wasn't clear from their post-Morrowind performance up to this point.

KalosKagathos said:
Trash said:
What!?! No mention of radiant AI?
http://www.giantbomb.com/the-elder-scro ... -475292/#3
Unlike Oblivion, NPCs actually react to things and events around them. An example they give is lets say you drop a sword in a town, some things that might happen as a result are a child may pick it up and return it to you, or two burly guys might come across it and fight over it. Another example is that if you kill a shop owner, then perhaps his or her sister will inherit the shop and run it. She might also give you any quest(s) the guy you killed would have offered you, but might not because she might know you're the one who killed her brother.
:lol:
Calling complete bullshit on the first example. It's the shopkeeper killing the dog all over again. The second example is probably true, but it's just a quest-specific if->then script, rather than something universal to the AI of all characters. In fact, it's impossible to make it universal in a game with full voice acting, unless it's generated on the fly by a synthesizer.

You can do it by having only 1 voice actor for all characters. :smug:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Max von Sydow is pretty cool though.

Radisshu

Prophet
Yeah, it seems every character in the game won't look like the retarded offspring of Crispy's avatar this time around.

Luzur

Good Sir
DraQ said:
Mastermind said:

They were never "Dragon Shouts", for starters. Bethesda has clearly gone full derp if it wasn't clear from their post-Morrowind performance up to this point.

was gonna point this out to MAsterderp but DraQ was faster. :salute:

Radisshu

Prophet
If huge dragons actually roam the land and attack towns on random, that would be kind of cool, but I doubt Bethesda will pull something like that off.

Radisshu

Prophet
Yeah, so there would be some incentive to actually stop teh dragon invashun.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
I'm calling it now, the town will be closed off for three in-game days while a low-res fire sprite plays over the buildings. When it re-opens, some NPCs will complain that the DRAGONBOOOOOOOOORN wasn't there to stop the attack, accompanied by a slight disposition drop.

Radisshu

Prophet
- Hello.
- Did you hear about the Dragon Attack?
- How are you?
- Goodbye.

Luzur

Good Sir
Radisshu said:
- Hello.
- How are you?
- I saw a Snowcrab the other day, terrible creatures.
- Have you heard the latest?
- GET OUT OF MY FACE!!
- Goodbye.
- Steel be With You.

Radisshu

Prophet
Luzur said:
Radisshu said:
- Hello.
- How are you?
- I saw a Snowcrab the other day, terrible creatures.
- Have you heard the latest?
- GET OUT OF MY FACE!!
- Goodbye.
- Steel be With You.

:lol: :salute:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Mastermind said:

Whoaw, did they finally hire another modeler? I guess Obsidian won't have as many problems with their expansion to Fallout 4.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom