Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim scans

Vault Dweller said:
"Dragons are real. They fly into battle at unexpected times. They ravage towns. They wield awesome power. And you'll have to face them repeatedly in single combat."
vg59852_GODFUCKINGDAMNIT.jpg

:rage:

jonnypolen

Liturgist
But you can gain over 50 levels, so this is clearly an epic rpg. I hope level scaling is in, because I can't wait to face epic level 50 rats. Also; perks are confirmed, so my guess is that epic lulz will ensue. That nuclear bomb perk from F3 Broken Steel was epic, so maybe we will get a perk that scorches your enemies with dragon fire when your hit points are lowered. That would be epic.

piydek

Cipher
Rhalle said:
taviow said:
The game will look at the nearby dungeons you've explored, automatically set the mission in a place you've never visited, and designate opponents that are appropriately matched to your strengths and weaknesses.

This is all that needs to be said.

Random-generated and level-scaled.....

yay......

Seems the game will need another Oscuro. But this one will have even more work to do. What do these people get out of their modding - spending hours upon hours of time on products of a company which is retardedness incarnate and doesn't even try.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Vault Dweller said:
http://www.gamingeverything.com/2011/1/elder_scrolls_v_scans/3650/elder_scolls_v-3.jpg#s

So, there were dragons and there were dragonborn who had the power of the dragons and thus were able to battle them. You are a ... dragonborn. Gasp. Why the dragons are back? According to Todd, 'tis a mystary. "How have they come back? How do we stop this? And what is the player's role as the dragonborn?" Hmm... I wonder...

Now the following is just awesome:

"Dragons are real. They fly into battle at unexpected times. They ravage towns. They wield awesome power. And you'll have to face them repeatedly in single combat."

BEST GAME EVAR!!! I hope I will wield awesome power too.

Get out and continue making AoD and stop posting about TES V :x Skyrim may affect your mental condition and so it could influence Age of Decadence :x :x

Data4

Arcane
Dicksmoker said:
I can't fucking read the text.

It says:

"The Bandits close in from multiple directions, so you press Y to go into 'combat mode'. You press the right shoulder button to draw your glass bastard sword while simultaneously equipping your Daedric shield. The first bandit's ridiculously dumb AI has him smack your shield with his Glass Hatchet, before bugging out and experiencing sad but amusing radgoll glitches as Havok takes a shit on you. 30 seconds later, you CTD."

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Enchanting's back. :love:

I wonder if I can make life stealing rocket launcher machinegun rings like in Morrowind again.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
taviow said:
The game will look at the nearby dungeons you've explored, automatically set the mission in a place you've never visited, and designate opponents that are appropriately matched to your strengths and weaknesses.

This is all that needs to be said.

What, that it goes back to the Daggerfall/Morrowind system? Dumb fucking codex faggots. This is why I hate you all.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
From the chatter on the official forum, it looks like attributes are gone. What the fuck? This better not be bioware style "multiple attributes confuse people" faggotry. Or maybe it's just codex-like retards going "they don't mention attributes so they must have cut them".
wtf2w.png

:smug:

Black

Arcane
Didn't they teach you to edit your posts on TES forums, dipshit?

Misterhamper

Scholar
Official dev post on level scaling

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?ap ... d=16933097

Gstaff, on 08 January 2011 - 03:03 AM, said:
"Since people are asking, wanted to briefly touch on level scaling. All our games have had some amount of randomness/levelling based on player level. Skyrim's is similar to Fallout 3's, not Oblivion's.

Hope that addresses some concerns, and we hope you're enjoying the GI cover story.

Have a great night"

How was FO3's compared to Oblivs? Never got far in FO3

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Misterhamper said:
Official dev post on level scaling

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?ap ... d=16933097

Gstaff, on 08 January 2011 - 03:03 AM, said:
"Since people are asking, wanted to briefly touch on level scaling. All our games have had some amount of randomness/levelling based on player level. Skyrim's is similar to Fallout 3's, not Oblivion's.

Hope that addresses some concerns, and we hope you're enjoying the GI cover story.

Have a great night"

How was FO3's compared to Oblivs? Never got far in FO3

AFAIK, it spawned better enemies as you gained levels in areas you haven't visited yet.

IE: you were level 1 and went into a new area of the map, you might run into mole rats. at level 20, you might run into death claws or yao guai.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Black said:
Didn't they teach you to edit your posts on TES forums, dipshit?

I'm too busy nose fucking your mom to care about editing posts. With a honker that big I couldn't resist the novelty of it.

Misterhamper

Scholar
Mastermind said:
AFAIK, it spawned better enemies as you gained levels in areas you haven't visited yet.

IE: you were level 1 and went into a new area of the map, you might run into mole rats. at level 20, you might run into death claws or yao guai.

Isn't that alot like vanilla Oblivion then?

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Admiral jimbob said:
Oblivion level scaling confirmed. Just what we wanted.

The hint at procedurally-generated quests in scan #6 is interesting. Not sure what to make of it, though. Funny that they're trying to pass off the fact that you can kill a questgiver and still get their quest as a good thing. I'm about 95% certain the thing about dragons ravaging towns won't make it into the full game, or if it does it'll involve some of the buildings being on fire for three days with NPCs complaining a bit afterwards.

The addition of perks... eh. I like them, and being able to pick them instead of getting them automatically as you raise the skill is probably good. But given how fucking boring the ones in FO3 were, it's hard to get excited.

Gameworld looks... actually, I can't tell since most of the screens are dramatic vistas of the DRAGGGOOOOONBOOOOOONNNN heroically facing down the threat of the hour. The one town we seem to get a glimpse of looks alright.

Pretty insubstantial preview on the whole, game just looks like a lazy Oblivion sequel cashing in on the unfortunate sudden dragon craze. Has a few aspects that seem to have potential, though, so if they really do improve the combat it could end up a good (M&B-esque) time waster for wandering about doing procedural quests with the appropriate scaling mods. But my expectations are not raised.

Overall, not excited.

Joghurt

Augur
Misterhamper said:
Mastermind said:

No. As far as I understand if you visit an area at lvl 1 you wil be fighting lvl 1 enemies and if you revisit the area at lvl 20 you will be fighting lvl 20 enemies. In Fallout 3 if you visit the area for the first time at lvl 1 you'll find lvl 1 enemies, but if you revisit the area later at lvl 20 the enemies will still be lvl 1.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Misterhamper said:
Mastermind said:

No. Vanilla Oblivion (and morrowind, and daggerfall) had something like that too, with stronger enemies spawning at higher player levels. But oblivion also scaled all the npcs and the like so that their stats were directly derived from the player's level. Morrowind's npcs (which is what most of the enemies were) were static.

Also, there's a difference between spawning stronger enemies based on the player's level (IE: scamp vs dremora lord) and spawning the same enemy with beefed up stats. The former didn't really irk anyone all that much and is present in a lot of games. The latter gets on everyone's tits.

Lingwe

Liturgist
No. As far as I understand if you visit an area at lvl 1 you wil be fighting lvl 1 enemies and if you revisit the area at lvl 20 you will be fighting lvl 20 enemies. In Fallout 3 if you visit the area for the first time at lvl 1 you'll find lvl 1 enemies, but if you revisit the area later at lvl 20 the enemies will still be lvl 1.

A better explanation is that the level would be set to whatever level your character was when they entered the cell.

The creatures within would have a variable level that they could be set to e.g 5-12. If you entered that cell below level 5, if you entered at 9 it would set it to 9, enter at 15 set to 12 etc etc.

Then some cells would allow variation between the creatures if they existed, and others would only give out the same type of creature just with scaled stats. E.g the Mall would give you weakling little supermutants that can be killed with a nail board, then brutes, then masters, and finally overlords based on the level you enter, while ant nests would always just give you giant ants.

-------------

Those scans are horrible by the way. Whoever did them clearly has never scanned raws for manga or heard of resolutions above 800x600.

DraQ

Arcane
Mastermind said:
From the chatter on the official forum, it looks like attributes are gone. What the fuck? This better not be bioware style "multiple attributes confuse people" faggotry. Or maybe it's just codex-like retards going "they don't mention attributes so they must have cut them".
wtf2w.png

:smug:
Wait they removed the... how... what... whuu? durrr.... herp... derp?
:retarded:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Took a look at the screenshots and the armors don't look like there'll be the great variety of armor pieces like in DF and MW. It'll probably be chest-boots-legs-helmet-gloves again, like Oblivion, or maybe they'll reduce it even more.

Oh and if level scaling is back that'll be the greatest failure of Bethesda ever, considering that this is the only feature of Oblivion that was almost universally bashed.

Then again...
1_5F00_Todd-Howard-Game-Director-Fallout-3-_2600_-Pete-Hines-_2D00_-Bethesda-PR.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom