Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant is a disaster

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Does anyone want the physical goods at this point? 'Cuz I don't want mine.

Yes, I need it to make a special video.

Cael

Arcane
Not gonna lie, I had forgotten this game existed.
Can this power be learned?
No, but it can be administered.

original_chocolate-club-hammer.jpg

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
The only thing I'm looking forward to is the making-of documentary video, because I have a feeling that's gonna be hilarious.
If the making-of documentary is similar to the game, the screen will turn black after the opening and my only options will be to rewatch from the start or turn it off. :M

Sonus

Educated
Can't blame her for leaving as that must have been a depressing job. I would be shocked if it offered an honest look at the egos involved and the terrible decisions that were made, like that Troy Duffy documentary Overnight. It's more than likely, however, to offer commentary by Spector saying Otherside raised the bar with Ascendant.
She reported in August that she had started working part-time. She didn't leave out of depression, but her financial needs, and OSE-Boston winding down. If she says otherwise elsewhere, I'll update this. If the core members quit, and aren't absorbed by the Austin office, then that'll be the actual oh shit moment.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
She reported in August that she had started working part-time. She didn't leave out of depression, but her financial needs, and OSE-Boston winding down. If she says otherwise elsewhere, I'll update this. If the core members quit, and aren't absorbed by the Austin office, then that'll be the actual oh shit moment.

You have a citation for that? My recollection is that she said the project was winding down but never mentioned the studio winding down.

Sonus

Educated

You have a citation for that? My recollection is that she said the project was winding down but never mentioned the studio winding down.
Winding down. I said nothing of stopping. Fewer and fewer employees, less work being done.

MasterLobar

Angry OtherSide Refugee
I wouldn't be surprised if they had decided long ago they'll never ship and the whole "we are going to ship soon" is just buying time and pretending everything is fine while searching for a new SS3 publisher.

Glic2000

Educated
They claim that the physical rewards were produced. I wonder if they have the budget remaining to ship them all? I suspect that might be part of the delay.

MasterLobar

Angry OtherSide Refugee
How long this all takes is just ridiculous. The game launched more than a year ago.

OS has NEVER met ANY deadline they were given or set for themselves.

Darkzone

Arcane
They better deliver the physical goods.
Are you still on their forum?
Propose to them to sell their assets (3d meshes with their animations) on Steam store and Epic Marketplace. At least then they can lower their red numbers and someone can make something useful out of it.

For a friend the Lizardman mesh with all animations would be interesting.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Probably made by 3rd party contractors with signed agreements that make such an option complicated.

MasterLobar

Angry OtherSide Refugee
It seems one of Otherside's former LGS veterans passed away a while ago.

https://forums.otherside-e.com/t/rip-steve-pearsall/10249

He is not listed in the UA credits, but my understandig is he has worked on the game.

https://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/underworld-ascendant/credits

RIP. As much as I want to see this firm go bankrupt and the careers of all those liars at the top end for good, I would never wish anyone something bad concerning their health. My thoughts are with his loved ones. (no prayers, I'm an atheist)

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
That's the Thief 2 project director. How sad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom