Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant is a disaster

Efe

Erudite
im lobarandom on official forums
thats the first 5 minutes of the game, you literally bought it just now?

Katana1000S

Angrier OtherSide Refugee
Bought it just now??? Bought it just now???

I bought it day one you absolute MORON, bought it day one because I had high Hopes I was wrong and others were right.

This game is a complete and utter sack of larks vomit.

Now its your your turn Efe boy, lets see you prove you own the game and actually prove us wrong that this is a good game.

Prove it Efe/Sandro ... I stepped up to the plate, now its your turn ... TURD BOY !

Katana1000S

I actually made as far as perhaps 15 mins in game ... hesitate to call it a game of course, why would any seasoned player go further? It was repetitive buggy crap, nothing happening worthwhile at all, old school players of Underworld were lead up the garden path for as long as possible ... before the true intention of Underworld Ascendant was leaked to us backers.

You however, sit back and think all the feedback is wrong and you are right Efe ... have you ever considered seeing a psychiatrist?

This shitty game has bombed, there is no defending it, stop making a continual fool of yourself. you complete and utter MORON

MasterLobar

Angry OtherSide Refugee
but they are still in business which should attest to their determination to create ss3

Sad thing. The Starbreeze repayments are likely royalty-based, as Nyast correctly surmised. That means I have to concede all my predictions are no longer valid.

They are probably going to self-publish a low-ambition, watered-down version of SS3 and the company is likely to survive until that point. If it doesn't sell, they are done.

I stand by my prediction that the Boston office is going to close soon or be reduced to just a handful of homeoffice, parttime workers. It doesn't make sense for them to keep a real office in Boston (with office space etc.).

I also stand by my opinion that there is no "unannounced project." There is maybe a project idea, but no one is going to really work on it any time soon.

Efe

Erudite
fGu855vA_o.jpg
happy now you shitlicking roach?

Katana1000S

Going back to sanity for a moment, totally agree with MaterLobars assessment of the situation so far, the whole SS3 thing (we can forget about UA now) the whole S3 thing is dead in the water, no updates, its stalled, lets face some certain reality's friends, its not going to happen ... and that's probably for the best.

These people, these chameleon lying people make things up as they go along, they once said ... and this can be verified, SS3 was more than half way complete near a year ago now ... lets consider that for a moment ... a statement of fact ... more than half way complete, and here we are in almost September, and what have we see seen, lies and and more lies and a couple of crappy screen grabs ... bet they are not real game play ones either.

Here is my rub ... I sincerely hope these people do have nothing to do with SS3, they have bitch ruined a good Underworld with this moronic Mario style sham of a game, we keep hearing its different people for SS3 ... an admission of guilt of course.

They cant find a partner for game release and after Underworld Ascendant, that is not exactly a surprise, its bombed.

RIP SS3, its not going to happen.

Efe

Erudite
You can try to brainwash people into SS3 hate but I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo System Shock 3.

Katana1000S

Efe, nobody gives a flying monkeys shit what you think ... NOW FUCK OFF and play your wonderful Underworld Ascendant game

MasterLobar

Angry OtherSide Refugee
Going back to sanity for a moment, totally agree with MaterLobars assessment of the situation so far, the whole SS3 thing (we can forget about UA now) the whole S3 thing is dead in the water, no updates, its stalled, lets face some certain reality's friends, its not going to happen ... and that's probably for the best.

Hate to say it, but I have changed my assessment after new information about the Starbreeze thing. Originally I thought they have to repay the $6.8 million in monthly or quarterly rates. If it were so, we'd reach a point very soon where the numbers just don't add up anymore and OS has to go out of business.

But that doesn't seem to be the case. It seems the repayment is in fact royalty-based (see my post in the SS3 thread) and any repayments will only happen once SS3 has launched.

So they don't have to pay back the $6.8 million in order to launch SS3. The only thing they have to do is to keep a reduced team in Austin (one layoff confirmed already, there may be others) working on it for maybe a year or so and they can self-publish a low-ambition, watered-down (probably crappy) version of the game.

What is that going to cost them? Maybe $3 million or so.

I believe they can get that amout of money. They have outside investors (Michael Dornbrook, Geoffrey Hyatt, maybe others we don't know of). Some of them have deep pockets themselves. What is Paul Neurath worth? Probably north of $10 million.

So they probably decided it is better to give SS3 a try rather than to close the company, lose all investments and end their careers right here.

Nyast

Cipher
Lol at the screenshot war. Lovely ! Keep'em coming !

They'll probably release SS3 next year. Lack of information / screenshots / video is not necessarily abnormal, especially for a small company with little resources. They don't have to keep backers informed this time since there was no Kickstarter. After their experience with UA, I suspect they'll try to keep everything under wraps to avoid generating wrong expectations and keep the pressure off. They'll probably try to surprise everybody positively after the UA debacle. Whether they'll succeed.. well...

Efe

Erudite
im not that far in, just started in 2nd level but managed to upgrade all gear slots except one to orange quality so no more durability issues.
i need to dial back doomsday clock but im not sure where ether cores drop.
on map, some of the totems are green and some are red. is it red ones that drop ether?

MasterLobar

Angry OtherSide Refugee
They'll probably release SS3 next year. ... They'll probably try to surprise everybody positively after the UA debacle. Whether they'll succeed.. well...

Important to remember they are not off the hook regarding Starbreeze. If the original publishing contract serves as the basis for the repayments, they aren't going to see one single dollar of SS3 sales until sales reach $6.8 million. Assuming they sell at $40-50 and Steam take their share, they are maybe going to make $30 per copy. That means 200,000k copies sold until they earn their first penny.

That's a high bar for a small indie firm and likely one of the major reasons no other publisher wants to do this. (the others being they are incompetent, their reputation is destroyed and they lied so much to everyone)

Sinatar

Arbiter
There are quality games made by hard working talented people out there that need support. Don't "meme-buy" festering dogshit like this, go support something worthwhile.

Cael

Arcane
Quality review by Dave Oshry, the head of New Blood (DUSK, AMID EVIL): https://steamcommunity.com/id/ElOshcuro/recommended/692840/

Recommended
0.0 hrs last two weeks / 0.8 hrs on record

I can kill myself by punching a wall for too long.

IMMERSION ACHIEVED.

If I don't remember wrong, you can do that also in Ultima Underworld 1&2.
Debris of Greater Restore Mana + Debris of Greater Healing = unlimited mana and health :D

Funniest thing in the entire Ultima series.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom